I always like talking about good buys/finds...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#1 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

Woot, got another great deal the other day. And what makes it even better is that it was free.

Went to a "Christmas" garage sale, family wanting to simply get rid of stuff before the holiday. I just took a chance and went since it was only a few blocks away.

The family had a box of Dreamcast games. I asked them how much they wanted for the lot, and they said we'll give them to you for free since we don't have the console anymore!

Well, inside was Skies of Arcadia, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Sonic Adventure 2, and a few others like Crazy Taxi, Carrier, etc. Overall, just a great day for me and my Dreamcast!

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 TheTrueMagusX1
Member since 2009 • 2560 Posts

Woot, got another great deal the other day. And what makes it even better is that it was free.

Went to a "Christmas" garage sale, family wanting to simply get rid of stuff before the holiday. I just took a chance and went since it was only a few blocks away.

The family had a box of Dreamcast games. I asked them how much they wanted for the lot, and they said we'll give them to you for free since we don't have the console anymore!

Well, inside was Skies of Arcadia, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Sonic Adventure 2, and a few others like Crazy Taxi, Carrier, etc. Overall, just a great day for me and my Dreamcast!

Samslayer

Thats an amazing find for free. Free of all things and espeically since it contained some awesome games specifically skies of Arcadia. I am envious of you good sir...

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Samslayer

[QUOTE="Samslayer"]

TheTrueMagusX1

Thats an amazing find for free. Free of all things and espeically since it contained some awesome games specifically skies of Arcadia. I am envious of you good sir...

That's exactly what I was thinking. Skies of Arcadia is the gem out of that group.

kingdavid562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 kingdavid562
Member since 2010 • 1173 Posts

congratulations :).. i like finding stuff too.. i haven't gone to the thrift store lately but the last time i went i found some dreamcast stuff too.. i think imma go tomorrow since there's no school, and I'll tell you what i found later ;D

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

free stuff at a yardsale? wow those people were noobs eh? The point of a yardSALE is to make money. They should have at least told you to make an offer or something. I am SURE you would have given them some $ if they had asked.

but wow, that's some luck right there! after christmas i'll probably go to some yardsales too. My best buys lately have been on Ebay. I've picked up a few N64 games at about $6 each, so nothing out of the ordinary.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Samslayer

free stuff at a yardsale? wow those people were noobs eh? The point of a yardSALE is to make money. They should have at least told you to make an offer or something. I am SURE you would have given them some $ if they had asked.

but wow, that's some luck right there! after christmas i'll probably go to some yardsales too. My best buys lately have been on Ebay. I've picked up a few N64 games at about $6 each, so nothing out of the ordinary.

Talldude80
Yeah, they were really just trying to get rid of some stuff. The family doesn't need money, as they are fairly wealthy.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

That's not bad free games, You cannot beat that

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

so you ripped off some poor family that doesn't know about games? awesome :roll: great find.

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheTrueMagusX1

so you ripped off some poor family that doesn't know about games? awesome :roll: great find.

KBFloYd

Thats the way it goes. It goes for comics, you for example ever heard of Giant Size Xmen 1? Its a very rare comic and its very important and worth alot of mony. Well a lady was selling some old comics from her son, and that comic was in there. I got it for .25 not the thousands you will find it for on ebay

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

TheTrueMagusX1

Thats the way it goes. It goes for comics, you for example ever heard of Giant Size Xmen 1? Its a very rare comic and its very important and worth alot of mony. Well a lady was selling some old comics from her son, and that comic was in there. I got it for .25 not the thousands you will find it for on ebay

yea i see what you mean... i would at least give the person 5 bucks for a soda or a slice of pizza... geez cmon guys lol..

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Samslayer

KBFloYd
Haha they were far from poor...since their garage was about twice the size of my entire house.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Samslayer

Go away. I don't like you :cry:

Lucky chap :D Quite a haul you got there. Did you get Shenmue?

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Samslayer

That's amazing! They could have sold that all for $50, easy. Nice find!

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheTrueMagusX1

[QUOTE="Samslayer"]

Emerald_Warrior

Garage Sales are funny things huh? You can get very cool things if you look, me I got lucky considering I got Giant Size Xmen 1 for 25 cents, and the lady had no idea what she was selling.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="Samslayer"]

TheTrueMagusX1

Garage Sales are funny things huh? You can get very cool things if you look, me I got lucky considering I got Giant Size Xmen 1 for 25 cents, and the lady had no idea what she was selling.

...amazing. All I find is old NES, PSX, and N64 games (which is cool), and for comics just the same old 90s crap.

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheTrueMagusX1

[QUOTE="TheTrueMagusX1"]

Emerald_Warrior

...amazing. All I find is old NES, PSX, and N64 games (which is cool), and for comics just the same old 90s crap.

Yep I usually run into the crappy 90s comics, and all the gold foiled crap they had. Remember stuff like the ultraverse with there super gold neon hyper covers? Yeah...lol, though i did run into a guy recently that had tons of 80s stuff there. I mean good stuff, from old Miller Daredevil, Claremont Xmen, and good ol 80s avengers. Good Stuff...I am big 80s marvle fan so yeah.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="TheTrueMagusX1"]

TheTrueMagusX1

Yep I usually run into the crappy 90s comics, and all the gold foiled crap they had. Remember stuff like the ultraverse with there super gold neon hyper covers? Yeah...lol, though i did run into a guy recently that had tons of 80s stuff there. I mean good stuff, from old Miller Daredevil, Claremont Xmen, and good ol 80s avengers. Good Stuff...I am big 80s marvle fan so yeah.

Funny, so did I. He sells only on Saturdays, though. I've been getting a ton of 80s Green Lantern and All-Star Squadron.

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheTrueMagusX1

[QUOTE="TheTrueMagusX1"]

Emerald_Warrior

Funny, so did I. He sells only on Saturdays, though. I've been getting a ton of 80s Green Lantern and All-Star Squadron.

Nice, and 80s Green Lantern is good stuff. Now if only I could find a guy that has a complete set of Byrnes Man of Steel I would be happy? But yeah All Star Squadron is good stuff....how do you like 80s lantern?

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Samslayer

[QUOTE="Samslayer"]

fend_oblivion

Go away. I don't like you :cry:

Lucky chap :D Quite a haul you got there. Did you get Shenmue?

Nope shenmue was not in the box. Which was somewhat disappointing, but I am not complaining that's for sure!
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="TheTrueMagusX1"]

TheTrueMagusX1

Pretty good. But I actually liked 90s Green Lantern more. GL was one of the few books in the 90s that actually valued story over artwork, instead of artwork over story like most comics of the time.

Nice, and 80s Green Lantern is good stuff. Now if only I could find a guy that has a complete set of Byrnes Man of Steel I would be happy? But yeah All Star Squadron is good stuff....how do you like 80s lantern?

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheTrueMagusX1

[QUOTE="TheTrueMagusX1"]

[QUOTE="TheTrueMagusX1"]

Emerald_Warrior

Pretty good. But I actually liked 90s Green Lantern more. GL was one of the few books in the 90s that actually valued story over artwork, instead of artwork over story like most comics of the time.

Its really good. I am a Hal Jordan fan, though while I like Kyle Rayner, that is why I like the earlier days of the Green Lantern better. Speaking of Green Lantern do you follow Geoff Johns brilliant Green Lantern run? Its one of my favorite books to read monthly....

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Emerald_Warrior

Yep. I've bought every issue since Rebirth #1, without skipping a beat.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#23 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i found a dreamcast game only a dollar- the lodess records of war , ,

also the best buy for the value would be ogrebattle since that sold for 100 dollars on ebay i got it for 6 dollars at pawnshop

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Samslayer

i found a dreamcast game only a dollar- the lodess records of war , ,

also the best buy for the value would be ogrebattle since that sold for 100 dollars on ebay i got it for 6 dollars at pawnshop

mariokart64fan
Record of the lodoss war is a pretty fun game for the dreamcast. did you sell the ogrebattle game then?
TerragonSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TerragonSix
Member since 2010 • 390 Posts

Currently, I have two copies of Super Mario RPG, for only $6

Other games:

RC Pro Am- $3
Super Punch Out-$3
Megaman X - $3
Super Mario Kart $3
Ninja Gaiden $3
Double Dragon II: $3
Super Mario Bros 3: $3
Super Mario All-Stars: $3

I few more that I really don't care to mention, the list goes on forever it seems. :)

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#26 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
I ran into a mint condition SMT Lucifer's Call and ZOE2 both for like 5 bucks, those were pretty good deals.
jlaing2607

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#27 jlaing2607
Member since 2004 • 406 Posts
Yeah, I like surfing Craigs List to find good deals on old skool systems. I'm in the process of collecting all the retro systems.