sayuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sayuta
Member since 2015 • 80 Posts

There is a controversy about batman killing people in movies. I think batman video games would better if batman killed people instead of just knocking them out. That is my issue with the Arkham games. What do you think.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

No. It's Batman's whole thing to not kill people. He doesn't cross that line period. To do anything else is changing Batman.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

No. That’s Batman’s whole thing is that he doesn’t kill people. Why would having Batman kill people make it a better game?

sayuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sayuta
Member since 2015 • 80 Posts

@npiet1:

Have you seen the batman movies. He kills alot people in the movies

It has been that way since the first Tim Burton batman movie that was in theaters in 1989

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

what difference does it make? mechanically once the enemy is knocked out they are out. its the same as them being killed. beyond that the knocked out vs killed thing is just window dressing.

batman has killed before in other media so it wouldnt be completely outside the realm of possibility to have him kill in games. i just dont see why that would make the game better.

i thought rocksteady did a great job with AA and AC. they really managed to integrate what batman can do into a fun game.

they could probably look at combat again though. it looked great and made the player feel like a badass (reacting to an enemy just in the nick of time like a ninja) but perhaps a different approach in a new game would be good.

maybe make the stealth a bit more like splinter cell or thief also...a bit more analogue. have the player sneak around in the shadows with a bit more flexibility.

visually: if they could make it look like the 90s animated series but in 3D and pull it off convincingly (which would be very hard) that would be amazing.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@sayuta said:

There is a controversy about batman killing people in movies. I think batman video games would better if batman killed people instead of just knocking them out. That is my issue with the Arkham games. What do you think.

It would be a interesting element to add because Batman definitely does have the potential to go rogue because of his tragic past. But that doesn't mean it will make the game better.....interesting maybe, better? Not necessarily!

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@sayuta: I haven't seen the Tim Burton versions for a long time but I've seen nearly all the DC animated films and shows. Ive read a few of the comics too. Batman doesn't kill. He sees it as becoming the enemy. Have you only watched the the live action movie?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#8 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Nah they shouldn't be changed. Batman never kills as everyone else has already stated.

edomingox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By edomingox
Member since 2003 • 45 Posts

Batman kills lots in Arkham Knight. You don't drive a bat-tank with bean bag bullets.

heljar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 heljar
Member since 2016 • 176 Posts

@osan0: Why should Batman employ the same stealth gameplay as any other game? I love that Batman is different. Sneaking around in vents or surprise enemies from above. It works and it's very cool.

@edomingox:They are knock-out rounds. They don't kill, just knocks them out. And the other tanks he's blowing up are remote-controlled. And all the people he runs over with the batmobile are knocked to the side unconscious. Nobody in Arkham Knight gets killed by Batman.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

@heljar: oh i agree the stealth worked well in the old games. but if the developer wanted to mix something up: try something new, then that would be one area they could look at. Use shadows more.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

@sayuta: I don’t consider live action movies based on comic books as cannon. If you want the real characters you gotta read the comic books.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

Early Batman actually had an impressive body count. He had 3 confirmed kills in the first four issues alone. The killing was toned down later and eventually became a code against killing as a superhero killing people in a book meant for children was frowned upon. He even has a few confirmed kills in the 80's when comics started getting darker in tone.