How to develop a good game trailer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sonakshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sonakshi
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

Hey, guys, what are the techniques for creating a good trailer!

sonakshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sonakshi
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

@sonakshi: Hey @tilenm, I want to know about the ideas like the techniques for creating a good trailer which should find curiosity among the gamers by seeing the trailer.

thedelts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thedelts
Member since 2017 • 71 Posts

You could do what Bethseda does with the case of Wolfenstein. Real life footage with relations to the game then adds some gameplay after.

cyberpunk_2077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#4 cyberpunk_2077
Member since 2015 • 627 Posts

@thedelts: Or do what UBISOFT does......Show one thing and give us something entirely the opposite.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@cyberpunk_2077 said:

@thedelts: Or do what UBISOFT does......Show one thing and give us something entirely the opposite.

Or do what the guy from the game in his avatar does and just promise random stuff that won't be in the game.

On a bit more serious note: I expect from a trailer to get an idea of the world, the music, the artstyle, the characters and the gameplay of the game. I hate trailers that don't show gameplay or only show gameplay. I also hate teasers. Just give me all I need to know in 1-2 minutes.

cyberpunk_2077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cyberpunk_2077

@ArchoNils2: HAHA Touche, It's a lot better after a year but I like that example.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ArchoNils2

@cyberpunk_2077: Yeah i heard it got better, but I still don't want to go back. If only they were honest and called it an Early Access title with a lot of features missing I wouldn't have felt so cheated

cyberpunk_2077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cyberpunk_2077

@ArchoNils2: To be fair I bought it a few months back but I can understand where you are coming from. I could try make excuses for them but sod that.

Give it a go if ever you run out of things to play. Do it for the Gamer in you and not for HG!

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ArchoNils2

@cyberpunk_2077 said:

@ArchoNils2: To be fair I bought it a few months back but I can understand where you are coming from. I could try make excuses for them but sod that.

Give it a go if ever you run out of things to play. Do it for the Gamer in you and not for HG!

The problem is that I never run out of games. That's why most games only get one chance from me. I have - literally - thousand of games on my to do list xD

cyberpunk_2077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cyberpunk_2077

@ArchoNils2: Haha, well may be one day lol. I'm waiting on some new releases for the time being. Next year is what I'm waiting for at the moment.

Perhaps NMS has gotten lucky with me. Haven't played anything other than this for a while now.

Here we are hijacking Sonakshi's thread.