How powerful was the 3DO? Also, it could have dominated 5th gen.

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -
While I am not sure anyone got the full power out of the 3DO, the 3DO was quite the system. You have to realize quite a few things when looking at it. It was considered a failure but managed to sell 5 million units. Only the N64, Saturn and PSX sold anywhere above or near that in the gen. The Atari Jaguar, the first competitor to 3DO, and also outlived the 3DO around 97 while 3DO went out around 96 If I remember correctly, was cheaper, had more advertisements, had more bullshot commercials, had cheaper accessories, had more at launch, had more brand power, etc. The Sega Saturn had the above what the jaguar had , but had faster game releases, had a CD drive, although I believe it was slower than the 3DO's, also had more brand power,, PSX multiplats while the PSX was selling like Ipads, had big name franchises, was coming off the genesis etc. Yet the 3D0, which had overpriced $50 plus acessories, a low launch and steady releases but lacked much advertisement after its intitial launch, and $700 and $600 or so models at launch, with already controversy about its chain controllers, although the controllers were fine themselves, and so many other things, like large gameboxes and such and more. yet Not only did the 3DO jack up the Jaguar by selling like 8x times its sales, but it outsold the Saturn as well many times. 5 million world wide, beated both in the US terrortory. Now think about this, if the 3DO was affordable, it would have probably sold around N64 numbers or more since the N64 sales seemed to have been locked in the U.S. during the time, and the 3DO had slews of multiplats and would have had slwes of exclusives if the system was priced lower. The 3DO wasn't super advanced for the time. The price never really made sense for both entry prices. But no wonder it took them awhile to even think of massively lowering the prices, the thing beat the living snot out of things with nothing out there. I like the 3DO, it is a capable 5th gen system, but when you think about how it did with minimal effort in most cases, it's amazing. The question is, HOW? How did it do this........................... It was no N64 graphics king is for sure. It was around Saturn 3D quality with neogeo like 2D quality, they problem could have pushed it more with its spec with some expansion paks or something, but what did the 3DO have? I don't get it, it even outsold the N64 for what was it a month and a half? Yeah it failed to gain much profit but what? Why were people so into buying this system other than people like me who were actually excited at launch? Most of the 3DO sales were after?
#2 Posted by Shenmue_Jehuty (5211 posts) -

I feel that the poor marketing combined with the 3DO's insane price were its immediate downfall. I've never personally played the 3DO, but it has some solid games that I'll hopefully have the chance to play, and maybe even own.

#3 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -

I feel that the poor marketing combined with the 3DO's insane price were its immediate downfall. I've never personally played the 3DO, but it has some solid games that I'll hopefully have the chance to play, and maybe even own.

Shenmue_Jehuty
this, high prices initially, and by the time it became affordable , less people cared as the 3DO was swallowed up by the hype for the PS1 and the Saturn. 2nd, the 3DO is not as capable as those latter systems, it has a slower CPU, slower RAM , lower bandwith etc, although it does have the interpolation feature which is nice (even if it makes the games look a little blurry at times). 3rd , I do not believe the 3DO sold anywhere near 5 million , Wikipedia says that, but here is a video of the E3 press conference by Trip Hawkins (the guy who ran 3DO and EA) , and in this video he says the 3DO install base is at 500 thousand www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeyucnjf7YE given the fact that the E3 conference was in May 1995 , ie , quite late in the lifespan on the system , I can't imagine it sold that much more afterwards. after all that though , the 3DO is a good system , it has quite a few good games (I strongly reject any attempts to label it on a "worst console" list.
#4 Posted by Stefan91x (225 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Darkman2007

this, high prices initially, and by the time it became affordable , less people cared as the 3DO was swallowed up by the hype for the PS1 and the Saturn. 2nd, the 3DO is not as capable as those latter systems, it has a slower CPU, slower RAM , lower bandwith etc, although it does have the interpolation feature which is nice (even if it makes the games look a little blurry at times). 3rd , I do not believe the 3DO sold anywhere near 5 million , Wikipedia says that, but here is a video of the E3 press conference by Trip Hawkins (the guy who ran 3DO and EA) , and in this video he says the 3DO install base is at 500 thousand www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeyucnjf7YE given the fact that the E3 conference was in May 1995 , ie , quite late in the lifespan on the system , I can't imagine it sold that much more afterwards. after all that though , the 3DO is a good system , it has quite a few good games (I strongly reject any attempts to label it on a "worst console" list.

Huh? I thought the 3DO has nearest neighbor interpolation, which was also on PS1 and Saturn.

#5 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Stefan91x

Huh? I thought the 3DO has nearest neighbor interpolation, which was also on PS1 and Saturn.

Im talking about something different. when I talk about interpolation on the 3DO , Im talking about the method the 3DO has , of essentially upscaling the games to 640X480 while it doesn't look anywhere near as sharp as actual 640X480, but it does blur the image a bit, which was essentially a cheap way to deal with the aliasing at the time. you can really tell this in the PS1 and Saturn ports of 3DO games, like Road Rash or NFS , the PS1/Saturn versions lack the interpolation , so they look sharper, but also jaggier.
#6 Posted by naju890_963 (8954 posts) -

The 3DO was way to pricey and the other 5th generation consoles were much cheaper and had better games.

#7 Posted by Senor_Kami (8529 posts) -
It could have dominated the 5th gen if basically everything about the system was different, from the poor polygon processing power compared to the PS1 and N64, the ludicrous price, and the extremely lackluster game library... which is to say that it could not have dominated that generation at all unless it was a radically different system than what it was.
#8 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -
[QUOTE="Stefan91x"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] this, high prices initially, and by the time it became affordable , less people cared as the 3DO was swallowed up by the hype for the PS1 and the Saturn. 2nd, the 3DO is not as capable as those latter systems, it has a slower CPU, slower RAM , lower bandwith etc, although it does have the interpolation feature which is nice (even if it makes the games look a little blurry at times). 3rd , I do not believe the 3DO sold anywhere near 5 million , Wikipedia says that, but here is a video of the E3 press conference by Trip Hawkins (the guy who ran 3DO and EA) , and in this video he says the 3DO install base is at 500 thousand www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeyucnjf7YE given the fact that the E3 conference was in May 1995 , ie , quite late in the lifespan on the system , I can't imagine it sold that much more afterwards. after all that though , the 3DO is a good system , it has quite a few good games (I strongly reject any attempts to label it on a "worst console" list.Darkman2007

Im talking about something different. when I talk about interpolation on the 3DO , Im talking about the method the 3DO has , of essentially upscaling the games to 640X480 while it doesn't look anywhere near as sharp as actual 640X480, but it does blur the image a bit, which was essentially a cheap way to deal with the aliasing at the time. you can really tell this in the PS1 and Saturn ports of 3DO games, like Road Rash or NFS , the PS1/Saturn versions lack the interpolation , so they look sharper, but also jaggier.

indeed but install base aside I remember reading it past a million In a mag, though its software rate was pretty bad. Not to mention it sold ww.
#9 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Stefan91x"]Huh? I thought the 3DO has nearest neighbor interpolation, which was also on PS1 and Saturn.Lordofinternet

indeed but install base aside I remember reading it past a million In a mag, though its software rate was pretty bad. Not to mention it sold ww.

no , most likely that was the sales figure worldwide (if he isn't mentioning a specific region , its probably worldwide) not sure where you got 5 million from , aside from Wikipedia maybe. and Im not sure the rate of software being sold was that bad, after all , if someone can afford a 3DO in 1994 or 95 , he can afford quite a few games.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#10 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -
A lot of the games were just glorified tech demos. It came out to early for its own good, causing the astronomical price. It had a really great version of Street Fighter, but by the time that came out it was old news to Nintendo/sega fans. Nintendo was also in full force back then. Also, people seem to forget that the loading time for 3do games was very very long.
#11 Posted by rilpas (8161 posts) -

It could have dominated the 5th gen if basically everything about the system was different, from the poor polygon processing power compared to the PS1 and N64, the ludicrous price, and the extremely lackluster game library... which is to say that it could not have dominated that generation at all unless it was a radically different system than what it was.Senor_Kami

you can't realistically expect a console launched in 93 to compete with consoles launched in 95 and 96 in terms of power

morever I think it had a pretty decent library, if nothing else it had one of the RPG's ever made imo

#12 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -
A lot of the games were just glorified tech demos. It came out to early for its own good, causing the astronomical price. It had a really great version of Street Fighter, but by the time that came out it was old news to Nintendo/sega fans. Nintendo was also in full force back then. Also, people seem to forget that the loading time for 3do games was very very long.Heirren
not as long as psx games and tech demos? Elaborate.
#13 Posted by KBFloYd (19397 posts) -

While I am not sure anyone got the full power out of the 3DO, the 3DO was quite the system. You have to realize quite a few things when looking at it. It was considered a failure but managed to sell 5 million units. Only the N64, Saturn and PSX sold anywhere above or near that in the gen. The Atari Jaguar, the first competitor to 3DO, and also outlived the 3DO around 97 while 3DO went out around 96 If I remember correctly, was cheaper, had more advertisements, had more bullshot commercials, had cheaper accessories, had more at launch, had more brand power, etc. The Sega Saturn had the above what the jaguar had , but had faster game releases, had a CD drive, although I believe it was slower than the 3DO's, also had more brand power,, PSX multiplats while the PSX was selling like Ipads, had big name franchises, was coming off the genesis etc. Yet the 3D0, which had overpriced $50 plus acessories, a low launch and steady releases but lacked much advertisement after its intitial launch, and $700 and $600 or so models at launch, with already controversy about its chain controllers, although the controllers were fine themselves, and so many other things, like large gameboxes and such and more. yet Not only did the 3DO jack up the Jaguar by selling like 8x times its sales, but it outsold the Saturn as well many times. 5 million world wide, beated both in the US terrortory. Now think about this, if the 3DO was affordable, it would have probably sold around N64 numbers or more since the N64 sales seemed to have been locked in the U.S. during the time, and the 3DO had slews of multiplats and would have had slwes of exclusives if the system was priced lower. The 3DO wasn't super advanced for the time. The price never really made sense for both entry prices. But no wonder it took them awhile to even think of massively lowering the prices, the thing beat the living snot out of things with nothing out there. I like the 3DO, it is a capable 5th gen system, but when you think about how it did with minimal effort in most cases, it's amazing. The question is, HOW? How did it do this........................... It was no N64 graphics king is for sure. It was around Saturn 3D quality with neogeo like 2D quality, they problem could have pushed it more with its spec with some expansion paks or something, but what did the 3DO have? I don't get it, it even outsold the N64 for what was it a month and a half? Yeah it failed to gain much profit but what? Why were people so into buying this system other than people like me who were actually excited at launch? Most of the 3DO sales were after?Lordofinternet

Gentleman_Clap.gif

1345932606828.jpg

#14 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Better than Jaguar, worse than Saturn, imo.

The 2nd question is unlikely given how expensive the system was and also lacking 3rd party support and popular franchises (Gex was not "it").

It's true it sold suprisingly well for a so expensive and early 32-bit CD system tho.

It even outsold the Saturn in US and Europe which is lulzy and shows just what a sales failure the Saturn actually was.

I have no idea what Sega was thinking at the time with their lack of advertising and competitiveness.

Might have just dropped the system by 1998 and release a new system asap...

#15 Posted by SonOfChewbacca (653 posts) -

All I know is that it could've have a great port of Doom if it wasn't rushed for a Christmas release.

#16 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -

The 2nd question is unlikely given how expensive the system was and also lacking 3rd party support and popular franchises (Gex was not "it").

It's true it sold suprisingly well for a so expensive and early 32-bit CD system tho.

It even outsold the Saturn in US and Europe which is lulzy and shows just what a sales failure the Saturn actually was.

I have no idea what Sega was thinking at the time with their lack of advertising and competitiveness.

nameless12345
the 3do is mostly third party that myth is beyond ignorant. also the Saturn and 3DO are on the same foot, underrated and false rumors. Although I believe the 3DO is only bested in fun value by ps1 and would put the Saturn nowhere near it.
#17 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -

nameless12345
Im afraid it did not sell more, that part is not true.
#18 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -

[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]It could have dominated the 5th gen if basically everything about the system was different, from the poor polygon processing power compared to the PS1 and N64, the ludicrous price, and the extremely lackluster game library... which is to say that it could not have dominated that generation at all unless it was a radically different system than what it was.rilpas

you can't realistically expect a console launched in 93 to compete with consoles launched in 95 and 96 in terms of power

morever I think it had a pretty decent library, if nothing else it had one of the RPG's ever made imo

well , the Saturn and PS1 both came out in Japan in November 94 , and the N64 hardware was basically ready by mid 95, the 3DO came out in October 93, so its not quite as big of a difference. I would say the system was relative to the PS1 in capability for the time it came out, the only reason it cost more was due to the licensing, had Nintendo for instance made the 3DO , it would have cost £300 just like the PS1 did
#19 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

Darkman2007

I've heard aprox. 2 million systems in US and EU combined, i.e. less than 3DO's 5 million systems total.

Rest of the Saturn sales were Japan.

#20 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4384 posts) -
I consider both the 3DO and Atari Jagaur as pretty much the 4.5 gen. These consoles were barely alive during the 5th generation. Similar to the Dreamcast which is technically part of the 6th generation like these are part of the 5th but feels more like a 5th gen system because of the time period and lack of competing systems at the time that survived. These systems like the Dreamcast were pretty much dead by the time competition came in. Comparing Saturn numbers can be misleading different time periods different competition.
#21 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="nameless12345"]

nameless12345

I've heard aprox. 2 million systems in US and EU combined, i.e. less than 3DO's 5 million systems total.

Im afraid, that the 3DO did not sell 5 million www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeyucnjf7YE here is a video of the 1995 E3 presentation from Trip Hawkins regarding the 3DO , if you go to about 1.20 , he talks about the sales up to that time , were 500 thousand , nowhere near 5 million. given the fact that the E3 conference was in May 95 , ie, fairly late in the system's life, I can't think too many more 3DOs were sold after that. if you don't like the numbers , argue with Trip Hawkins
#22 Posted by Blueresident87 (5684 posts) -

It could have dominated the 5th gen if basically everything about the system was different, from the poor polygon processing power compared to the PS1 and N64, the ludicrous price, and the extremely lackluster game library... which is to say that it could not have dominated that generation at all unless it was a radically different system than what it was.Senor_Kami

Very well said.

Any console could dominate any gen, but there are reasons some are successful where others aren't.

#23 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -
[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] Im afraid it did not sell more, that part is not true.Darkman2007

Im afraid, that the 3DO did not sell 5 million www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeyucnjf7YE here is a video of the 1995 E3 presentation from Trip Hawkins regarding the 3DO , if you go to about 1.20 , he talks about the sales up to that time , were 500 thousand , nowhere near 5 million. given the fact that the E3 conference was in May 95 , ie, fairly late in the system's life, I can't think too many more 3DOs were sold after that. if you don't like the numbers , argue with Trip Hawkins

the same e3 where after the price of the 3DO was like 75 below? He also did not have counted international sales, and 13DO game sold more that 500000 Making your logic impossible. It also factually outsold the Saturn which also sold more than 500000
#24 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -
I consider both the 3DO and Atari Jagaur as pretty much the 4.5 gen. These consoles were barely alive during the 5th generation. Similar to the Dreamcast which is technically part of the 6th generation like these are part of the 5th but feels more like a 5th gen system because of the time period and lack of competing systems at the time that survived. These systems like the Dreamcast were pretty much dead by the time competition came in. Comparing Saturn numbers can be misleading different time periods different competition.Devil-Itachi
Saturn and 3do had competitive 3d for most games.
#25 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -

[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]It could have dominated the 5th gen if basically everything about the system was different, from the poor polygon processing power compared to the PS1 and N64, the ludicrous price, and the extremely lackluster game library... which is to say that it could not have dominated that generation at all unless it was a radically different system than what it was.Blueresident87

Very well said.

Any console could dominate any gen, but there are reasons some are successful where others aren't.

the price was the only issue and no informed person would say the library was lack luster.
#26 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="nameless12345"]

Lordofinternet

the same e3 where after the price of the 3DO was like 75 below? He also did not have counted international sales, and 13DO game sold more that 500000 Making your logic impossible. It also factually outsold the Saturn which also sold more than 500000

Im afraid most, if not all of what youre saying, is nonsense, so far youre not presenting any evidence for anything youre saying (while I on the other hand, did)
#27 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -
[QUOTE="Devil-Itachi"]I consider both the 3DO and Atari Jagaur as pretty much the 4.5 gen. These consoles were barely alive during the 5th generation. Similar to the Dreamcast which is technically part of the 6th generation like these are part of the 5th but feels more like a 5th gen system because of the time period and lack of competing systems at the time that survived. These systems like the Dreamcast were pretty much dead by the time competition came in. Comparing Saturn numbers can be misleading different time periods different competition.Lordofinternet

yeah , in 1995, not really after that.
#28 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] Im afraid, that the 3DO did not sell 5 million www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeyucnjf7YE here is a video of the 1995 E3 presentation from Trip Hawkins regarding the 3DO , if you go to about 1.20 , he talks about the sales up to that time , were 500 thousand , nowhere near 5 million. given the fact that the E3 conference was in May 95 , ie, fairly late in the system's life, I can't think too many more 3DOs were sold after that. if you don't like the numbers , argue with Trip Hawkins

Im afraid most, if not all of what youre saying, is nonsense, so far youre not presenting any evidence for anything youre saying (while I on the other hand, did)

you can't even address what part is nonsense, your e3 video does not even say anything, the fact a 3do game sold more than 500000 instantly makes what your saying invalid.
#29 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -
[QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Devil-Itachi"]I consider both the 3DO and Atari Jagaur as pretty much the 4.5 gen. These consoles were barely alive during the 5th generation. Similar to the Dreamcast which is technically part of the 6th generation like these are part of the 5th but feels more like a 5th gen system because of the time period and lack of competing systems at the time that survived. These systems like the Dreamcast were pretty much dead by the time competition came in. Comparing Saturn numbers can be misleading different time periods different competition.Darkman2007

also in 96. and then the Saturn was pretty irrelevant after that. While3do company still had a following. that Gen. yeah , in 1995, not really after that.

#30 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -
[QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"] the same e3 where after the price of the 3DO was like 75 below? He also did not have counted international sales, and 13DO game sold more that 500000 Making your logic impossible. It also factually outsold the Saturn which also sold more than 500000

you can't even address what part is nonsense, your e3 video does not even say anything, the fact a 3do game sold more than 500000 instantly makes what your saying invalid.

basically everything, if you actually bothered watching, you would see he refered to the Japanese market too in terms of market research , he was talking about worldwide figures (nor is there any reason for him to exclude any market, unless he specifically says so , which he isn't), its really quite simple, its called using simple logic. and its not what Im saying, its what Trip Hawkins was saying, ie, the guy who ran the whole damn company, he had the figures about a product from his own company, so Id reckon he has more crediblity than you. and which game was that? and give me some evidence for it. and no , from my personal experience, the 3DO was not doing as well as the Saturn , or PS1 for that matter, in 1996, not even visually.
#31 Posted by Megavideogamer (6368 posts) -

The 3DO is a 32-bit console. But debuting at 699.99 meant that it's fate was sealed. The 3DO tried to become a mulimedia center. Similar to what today's xbox 360 has done. But back in the early 1990's this was not to be. So there was no chance that 3DO could have dominated the 5th generation. $700.00 for a console without a pack in game is not going to sell well. Thus 3DO died out quickly.

#32 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] Im afraid most, if not all of what youre saying, is nonsense, so far youre not presenting any evidence for anything youre saying (while I on the other hand, did)

basically everything, if you actually bothered watching, you would see he refered to the Japanese market too in terms of market research , he was talking about worldwide figures (nor is there any reason for him to exclude any market, unless he specifically says so , which he isn't), its really quite simple, its called using simple logic. and its not what Im saying, its what Trip Hawkins was saying, ie, the guy who ran the whole damn company, he had the figures about a product from his own company, so Id reckon he has more crediblity than you. and which game was that? and give me some evidence for it. and no , from my personal experience, the 3DO was not doing as well as the Saturn , or PS1 for that matter, in 1996, not even visually.

lol using simple logic gex sold around 250000, using common sense which u should try, the 3DO has 200+ games. So unless each game sold ten, and only gex fans bemroufht 3DO games, 500000 is highly improbable.
#33 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -

The 3DO is a 32-bit console. But debuting at 699.99 meant that it's fate was sealed. The 3DO tried to become a mulimedia center. Similar to what today's xbox 360 has done. But back in the early 1990's this was not to be. So there was no chance that 3DO could have dominated the 5th generation. $700.00 for a console without a pack in game is not going to sell well. Thus 3DO died out quickly.

Megavideogamer
ok, so was the psx and Saturn and Xbox. also 3DO took nearly 4 years to die and solda decent number dispite lack of profit so incorrect.
#34 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -
[QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"] you can't even address what part is nonsense, your e3 video does not even say anything, the fact a 3do game sold more than 500000 instantly makes what your saying invalid.

lol using simple logic gex sold around 250000, using common sense which u should try, the 3DO has 200+ games. So unless each game sold ten, and only gex fans bemroufht 3DO games, 500000 is highly improbable.

again , no evidence on your part, the rest of what you wrote I can't even understand. and never did I say it only sold 500 thousand, what I did say was since by May 95 it sold 500K (according to the words of the guy running the company , who I think would have more reliable info than you) , then its pretty much impossible it sold anywhere near 5 million like you said, since the system was dead by mid 96. please don't make me feel like Im talking to a small child.
#35 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] basically everything, if you actually bothered watching, you would see he refered to the Japanese market too in terms of market research , he was talking about worldwide figures (nor is there any reason for him to exclude any market, unless he specifically says so , which he isn't), its really quite simple, its called using simple logic. and its not what Im saying, its what Trip Hawkins was saying, ie, the guy who ran the whole damn company, he had the figures about a product from his own company, so Id reckon he has more crediblity than you. and which game was that? and give me some evidence for it. and no , from my personal experience, the 3DO was not doing as well as the Saturn , or PS1 for that matter, in 1996, not even visually.

again , no evidence on your part, the rest of what you wrote I can't even understand. and never did I say it only sold 500 thousand, what I did say was since by May 95 it sold 500K (according to the words of the guy running the company , who I think would have more reliable info than you) , then its pretty much impossible it sold anywhere near 5 million like you said, since the system was dead by mid 96. please don't make me feel like Im talking to a small child.

you are impling undeniably it sold the number he claimed which means like a small child you change things around when things don't go your way. Not even bothering to do simple research. You ARE saying not only that it sold less than 5 million but also that it sold 500000 since you used that statement to say it sold less than 5 million and that he is reliable. yet simple search shows gex at 250000 and 200000 and the 3DO has tons of games, using common sense the 3DO had to at least get to it pass one million unless: someone brought copies of the same game. only gex buyers brought 3do games, which was not released in all districts. they lied at e3. most games sold less than 100 copies. all of which are improbable. You go the effort to find one video but you can't find a simple figure for one game than insult.
#36 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -
[QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"] lol using simple logic gex sold around 250000, using common sense which u should try, the 3DO has 200+ games. So unless each game sold ten, and only gex fans bemroufht 3DO games, 500000 is highly improbable.

you are impling undeniably it sold the number he claimed which means like a small child you change things around when things don't go your way. Not even bothering to do simple research. You ARE saying not only that it sold less than 5 million but also that it sold 500000 since you used that statement to say it sold less than 5 million and that he is reliable. yet simple search shows gex at 250000 and 200000 and the 3DO has tons of games, using common sense the 3DO had to at least get to it pass one million unless: someone brought copies of the same game. only gex buyers brought 3do games, which was not released in all districts. they lied at e3. most games sold less than 100 copies. all of which are improbable. You go the effort to find one video but you can't find a simple figure for one game than insult.

this is like talking to a brick wall , seriously, then again , hardcore fanboys can be like that. 1) I still don't get what youre saying, I suggest you make your points a bit clearer. 2) looked for sales figures, found nothing, so Im asking you to provide your own (credible) source, which you still haven't 3) no I didn't say that, try not to lie. 4) , how could the sales figures be both 250K and 200K at the same time :P , I have a feeling youre either not very smart, or making something up. 5) how could the fact that Gex sold alot, mean that every game sold less than 100? guess what, people buy more than one game. 6) yeah , 3DO has over 200 games, cool , whats you point? the difference between the evidence Ive brought , and the claims youre making , is that in an E3 press conference, one has to give accurate info regarding sales figures and such , after all , he has investors to think about. you on the other hand, bring no evidence, and its pretty obvious youre lying through your teeth , unless you can produce credible evidence for everything youre saying. thats about what I managed to understand from all of you post,
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#37 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -
Let's not forget that the M2 was being pushed just a year or two later. Bottom line was that 3do was too expensive, was not going to get major support because of the snes/genesis installed base, and was also pushing itself as a media machine involving doa tech like video CDs. Talking about it now is a little bit different, as "retro" gaming is very popular and people are more inclined to spend money on games. Back then though, the system was never really considered a contender, ever. Things worked differently back then.
#38 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -
Let's not forget that the M2 was being pushed just a year or two later. Bottom line was that 3do was too expensive, was not going to get major support because of the snes/genesis installed base, and was also pushing itself as a media machine involving doa tech like video CDs. Talking about it now is a little bit different, as "retro" gaming is very popular and people are more inclined to spend money on games. Back then though, the system was never really considered a contender, ever. Things worked differently back then.Heirren
to be fair, the system did drop in price late in its life, but by that time it was a bit late. the M2 is quite interesting , alot of hype (if you see the 2nd part of the video I linked, the guy shows a whole bunch of CG images he claims are from the M2) , but I honestly think it would have failed, it would have had the same problem as the 3DO did, it would have cost alot at the time, and would not have been capable enough when the Dreamcast hit the market. Konami did use the M2 hardware in a few arcade games though www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocaTno8iYVU www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXkGdhKC6SM compared to the 5th gen systems, its impressive, but the question is, as with the 3DO , who are its main competitors?
#39 Posted by Videodogg (12611 posts) -

The first modern version of games like John Madden Football and Need for Speed debuted on the 3DO. It was quite impressive at the time.

#40 Posted by bultje112 (1868 posts) -

While I am not sure anyone got the full power out of the 3DO, the 3DO was quite the system. You have to realize quite a few things when looking at it. It was considered a failure but managed to sell 5 million units. Only the N64, Saturn and PSX sold anywhere above or near that in the gen. The Atari Jaguar, the first competitor to 3DO, and also outlived the 3DO around 97 while 3DO went out around 96 If I remember correctly, was cheaper, had more advertisements, had more bullshot commercials, had cheaper accessories, had more at launch, had more brand power, etc. The Sega Saturn had the above what the jaguar had , but had faster game releases, had a CD drive, although I believe it was slower than the 3DO's, also had more brand power,, PSX multiplats while the PSX was selling like Ipads, had big name franchises, was coming off the genesis etc. Yet the 3D0, which had overpriced $50 plus acessories, a low launch and steady releases but lacked much advertisement after its intitial launch, and $700 and $600 or so models at launch, with already controversy about its chain controllers, although the controllers were fine themselves, and so many other things, like large gameboxes and such and more. yet Not only did the 3DO jack up the Jaguar by selling like 8x times its sales, but it outsold the Saturn as well many times. 5 million world wide, beated both in the US terrortory. Now think about this, if the 3DO was affordable, it would have probably sold around N64 numbers or more since the N64 sales seemed to have been locked in the U.S. during the time, and the 3DO had slews of multiplats and would have had slwes of exclusives if the system was priced lower. The 3DO wasn't super advanced for the time. The price never really made sense for both entry prices. But no wonder it took them awhile to even think of massively lowering the prices, the thing beat the living snot out of things with nothing out there. I like the 3DO, it is a capable 5th gen system, but when you think about how it did with minimal effort in most cases, it's amazing. The question is, HOW? How did it do this........................... It was no N64 graphics king is for sure. It was around Saturn 3D quality with neogeo like 2D quality, they problem could have pushed it more with its spec with some expansion paks or something, but what did the 3DO have? I don't get it, it even outsold the N64 for what was it a month and a half? Yeah it failed to gain much profit but what? Why were people so into buying this system other than people like me who were actually excited at launch? Most of the 3DO sales were after?Lordofinternet

holy crap. about everything in this post it utter bull**** 5 million sales? make that 2 million, unless you cvan come up with good sources for that. and as powerful or anywhere near the saturn? LOL! the 3do was the most advanced in 1993. but around that time new technology became so much cheaper and improved so much that by 1995. 3do wasn't advanced anymore.

#41 Posted by bultje112 (1868 posts) -

[QUOTE="Devil-Itachi"]I consider both the 3DO and Atari Jagaur as pretty much the 4.5 gen. These consoles were barely alive during the 5th generation. Similar to the Dreamcast which is technically part of the 6th generation like these are part of the 5th but feels more like a 5th gen system because of the time period and lack of competing systems at the time that survived. These systems like the Dreamcast were pretty much dead by the time competition came in. Comparing Saturn numbers can be misleading different time periods different competition.Lordofinternet

uh no. clearly tou never even played a saturn. my god I hope as hell you are just a troll.

#42 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] again , no evidence on your part, the rest of what you wrote I can't even understand. and never did I say it only sold 500 thousand, what I did say was since by May 95 it sold 500K (according to the words of the guy running the company , who I think would have more reliable info than you) , then its pretty much impossible it sold anywhere near 5 million like you said, since the system was dead by mid 96. please don't make me feel like Im talking to a small child.

this is like talking to a brick wall , seriously, then again , hardcore fanboys can be like that. 1) I still don't get what youre saying, I suggest you make your points a bit clearer. 2) looked for sales figures, found nothing, so Im asking you to provide your own (credible) source, which you still haven't 3) no I didn't say that, try not to lie. 4) , how could the sales figures be both 250K and 200K at the same time :P , I have a feeling youre either not very smart, or making something up. 5) how could the fact that Gex sold alot, mean that every game sold less than 100? guess what, people buy more than one game. 6) yeah , 3DO has over 200 games, cool , whats you point? the difference between the evidence Ive brought , and the claims youre making , is that in an E3 press conference, one has to give accurate info regarding sales figures and such , after all , he has investors to think about. you on the other hand, bring no evidence, and its pretty obvious youre lying through your teeth , unless you can produce credible evidence for everything youre saying. thats about what I managed to understand from all of you post,

You have to assume I am a fanboy because you failed the argument. It's you and your Saturn obsession that's messing with you. I gave you many chances to look up simple research to show your E3 video is total crap and 500000 units is not physically possible. Like companies(sony) have never lied to people before to boost sales. You know there's more info you just pretend no too look yet you put effort to find something against a system you never probably played. 1) my points are clear you choose not to except them. 2)You never looked at all. 3) No I didn;t lie you clearly said you would take his information and have a post unless you edited where you said "I am afraid that the 3DO did not sell 5 million units" indicating you would use his lying E3 conference which probably does not cover anything and probably for that year only maybe, or whatever the reason for 500000 is, but you did pretty much say it so stop being stupid. 4)I was clearly saying the sources I found put Gex at 200000 0r 250000 which would be half of your "500000" unit sales making 500000 improbable, but Saturn fanboy is a Saturn fanboy. It's like getting stabbed to death with you guys. 5) Yet using that logic how is 500000 a probable number? Self-ownage? 6) You brought no evidence, you used a circumstantial video with no other way to back it up at all, said you agreed with it, told me I lied when i said you did, and now all of a sudden in point 5, you self-own yourself knowing full well that number is not probable. I mean really? The damn 3DO sold over 500000 in Japan alone, and I can find that why can't you? http://gamedatamuseum.web.fc2.com/hardhistory.htm Scroll down, it says 3DO, highlight and translate: "The Panasonic 3DO Hikaru 720,000 units - March 20 1994 of" Yes it sold more than the Original Xbox. But remember it only sold 500,000..... Remmeber you have so much proof their, oh wait.....
#43 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Devil-Itachi"]I consider both the 3DO and Atari Jagaur as pretty much the 4.5 gen. These consoles were barely alive during the 5th generation. Similar to the Dreamcast which is technically part of the 6th generation like these are part of the 5th but feels more like a 5th gen system because of the time period and lack of competing systems at the time that survived. These systems like the Dreamcast were pretty much dead by the time competition came in. Comparing Saturn numbers can be misleading different time periods different competition.bultje112

uh no. clearly tou never even played a saturn. my god I hope as hell you are just a troll.

Name 15 games on the Saturn in 1995 and another 15 in 1996 that had NOTICABLE leaped graphics from the 3DO.
#44 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"] you are impling undeniably it sold the number he claimed which means like a small child you change things around when things don't go your way. Not even bothering to do simple research. You ARE saying not only that it sold less than 5 million but also that it sold 500000 since you used that statement to say it sold less than 5 million and that he is reliable. yet simple search shows gex at 250000 and 200000 and the 3DO has tons of games, using common sense the 3DO had to at least get to it pass one million unless: someone brought copies of the same game. only gex buyers brought 3do games, which was not released in all districts. they lied at e3. most games sold less than 100 copies. all of which are improbable. You go the effort to find one video but you can't find a simple figure for one game than insult.Lordofinternet

You have to assume I am a fanboy because you failed the argument. It's you and your Saturn obsession that's messing with you. I gave you many chances to look up simple research to show your E3 video is total crap and 500000 units is not physically possible. Like companies(sony) have never lied to people before to boost sales. You know there's more info you just pretend no too look yet you put effort to find something against a system you never probably played. 1) my points are clear you choose not to except them. 2)You never looked at all. 3) No I didn;t lie you clearly said you would take his information and have a post unless you edited where you said "I am afraid that the 3DO did not sell 5 million units" indicating you would use his lying E3 conference which probably does not cover anything and probably for that year only maybe, or whatever the reason for 500000 is, but you did pretty much say it so stop being stupid. 4)I was clearly saying the sources I found put Gex at 200000 0r 250000 which would be half of your "500000" unit sales making 500000 improbable, but Saturn fanboy is a Saturn fanboy. It's like getting stabbed to death with you guys. 5) Yet using that logic how is 500000 a probable number? Self-ownage? 6) You brought no evidence, you used a circumstantial video with no other way to back it up at all, said you agreed with it, told me I lied when i said you did, and now all of a sudden in point 5, you self-own yourself knowing full well that number is not probable. I mean really? The damn 3DO sold over 500000 in Japan alone, and I can find that why can't you? http://gamedatamuseum.web.fc2.com/hardhistory.htm Scroll down, it says 3DO, highlight and translate: "The Panasonic 3DO Hikaru 720,000 units - March 20 1994 of" Yes it sold more than the Original Xbox. But remember it only sold 500,000..... Remmeber you have so much proof their, oh wait.....

pile of nonsense again Im afraid

1) so youre saying he lied and inflated the numbers? youre not making it easy on your argument :P

2) no your points are not clear, neither is your English or grammer for that matter either.

3) I did look , youre the one who can't provide any evidence for what youre saying

4) no I didn't

5) then show me this source , so far youve posted nothing

6)no , I posted a video which has the president of the company , who would have the figures on hand.

7 ) then Im afraid it contradicts the statements made by the person selling the system , although quite honestly Im not even sure what this source is, seems like a random website to me, and in Japanese no less

8) what does it have to do with the Xbox? although as far as I know, the console sold more than that in Japan (the Xbox that is) , so it seems like the source you posted is potentially bogus

www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/microsoft-results-reveal-new-xbox-sales-figures

hell, this article from 2003 , makes it clear that by Jul 2003, the Xbox sold over a million the Asia-Pacific region (which is really a codeword for Japan , South Korea, Australia occasionally) , so Im willing to bet the Xbox sold more than the figure you give by the end of it (and again , these are official sales figures) , since a fair amount of those million were from Japan , and thats less than a year after the console launched.

so it seems like you still can't produce a decent source or evidence, and no evidence, means most of what youre saying is bogus.

#45 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] this is like talking to a brick wall , seriously, then again , hardcore fanboys can be like that. 1) I still don't get what youre saying, I suggest you make your points a bit clearer. 2) looked for sales figures, found nothing, so Im asking you to provide your own (credible) source, which you still haven't 3) no I didn't say that, try not to lie. 4) , how could the sales figures be both 250K and 200K at the same time :P , I have a feeling youre either not very smart, or making something up. 5) how could the fact that Gex sold alot, mean that every game sold less than 100? guess what, people buy more than one game. 6) yeah , 3DO has over 200 games, cool , whats you point? the difference between the evidence Ive brought , and the claims youre making , is that in an E3 press conference, one has to give accurate info regarding sales figures and such , after all , he has investors to think about. you on the other hand, bring no evidence, and its pretty obvious youre lying through your teeth , unless you can produce credible evidence for everything youre saying. thats about what I managed to understand from all of you post,

pile of nonsense again Im afraid 1) so youre saying he lied and inflated the numbers? youre not making it easy on your argument :P 2) no your points are not clear, neither is your English or grammer for that matter either. 3) I did look , youre the one who can't provide any evidence for what youre saying 4) no I didn't 5) then show me this source , so far youve posted nothing 6)no , I posted a video which has the president of the company , who would have the figures on hand. 7 ) then Im afraid it contradicts the statements made by the person selling the system , although quite honestly Im not even sure what this source is, seems like a random website to me, and in Japanese no less 8) what does it have to do with the Xbox? although as far as I know, the console sold more than that in Japan (the Xbox that is) , so it seems like the source you posted is potentially bogus hell, this article from 2003 , makes it clear that by Jul 2003, the Xbox sold over a million the Asia-Pacific region (which is really a codeword for Japan , South Korea) , so Im willing to bet the Xbox sold more than the figure you give by the end of it (and again , these are official sales figures) , since most of those million were from Japan , and thats less than a year after the console launched. so it seems like you still can't produce a decent source or evidence, and no evidence, means most of what youre saying is bogus.

1) are yoy saying people don't lie? Do I need to post Sony's record? maybe you just have no idea what you are talking about? Where is your evidence? Mine is consistent, most other sources have different numbers than him. Maybe you are just to clouded in the head. 2) Learn how to spell "grammar' then come back to me. 3) more grammar self-ownage for insulting my grammar. 4) What is this? You got your numbers mixed up. You can't count either? 5) I posted something obviously indicating you made this post without reading my post first because you are a dried out fanboy. You are not even looking how come I am finding things and you are not? Something tells me you are just going to bash each one of them. 6) I can post about a president of Sony, who talked about lies, and PR, which talked about lies, and some other administrators, that talked about lies. Also no, he could not have been honest about the figures, Do you know how easy it is to buy a 3DO? You really honestly think his number is correct? The 3Do outsold the Xbox in japan, which the Xbox sold over 500000 units in JAPAN and thats ONE region, so how is 500000 a legit sales figure? 7)It's a retail tracker website, which has completely accurate numbers at that point. And nothing had changed since it also included system sales way after the 3DO "died" in around 96. 8)Maybe number 7 will help you stop using rosecolored glasses to read text. Lol, first of all you apparently don't know what an ARTICLE is. Second of all I said "up to that point" and any intelligent person who can read numbers, or if they must, copy and paste (I know hard right) into translator, knows those are not all the final numbers. You lost go cry in a corner. Yeah, what I am saying is bogus :roll: even though the 3DO is not like the Jaguar, can be found all over, and I am finding links you cant seem to be finding except the one video that goes against the 3DO even just selling 1 million let alone 5 because you are ashamed of your piece of crap(imo) Saturn failure. Japan alone it sold more than 500000, , the 3DO sold more than the Xbox in Japan, which the latter also sold over that number. Also Japan actually had an exclusive 3DO version as well, which is not even counted in the source I linked. Then you have to realize that at the time it was out in Japan it was not as expensive as the U.S. and even UK initial launch. Then add.Gex has sold over 10 million as a series (I wonder if you can find that,) on consoles, and 3 is the best selling with around 5-6. Gex 2 did not get to 5, so how much did Gex one sell? Gex 1 didn't sell that well on other systems as much as the 3DO and playstation and Gex 2 got way more attention on the Playstation so using simple common sense there's a whole lot of wrong with your theory. We have not even involved things such as the EU and U.S. Sales as of yet, so it should be quite clear that there's something wrong with your video and if you actually still thing there isn't there's something wrong with you. unhealthy obsession is unhealthy.
#46 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -
[QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"] You have to assume I am a fanboy because you failed the argument. It's you and your Saturn obsession that's messing with you. I gave you many chances to look up simple research to show your E3 video is total crap and 500000 units is not physically possible. Like companies(sony) have never lied to people before to boost sales. You know there's more info you just pretend no too look yet you put effort to find something against a system you never probably played. 1) my points are clear you choose not to except them. 2)You never looked at all. 3) No I didn;t lie you clearly said you would take his information and have a post unless you edited where you said "I am afraid that the 3DO did not sell 5 million units" indicating you would use his lying E3 conference which probably does not cover anything and probably for that year only maybe, or whatever the reason for 500000 is, but you did pretty much say it so stop being stupid. 4)I was clearly saying the sources I found put Gex at 200000 0r 250000 which would be half of your "500000" unit sales making 500000 improbable, but Saturn fanboy is a Saturn fanboy. It's like getting stabbed to death with you guys. 5) Yet using that logic how is 500000 a probable number? Self-ownage? 6) You brought no evidence, you used a circumstantial video with no other way to back it up at all, said you agreed with it, told me I lied when i said you did, and now all of a sudden in point 5, you self-own yourself knowing full well that number is not probable. I mean really? The damn 3DO sold over 500000 in Japan alone, and I can find that why can't you? http://gamedatamuseum.web.fc2.com/hardhistory.htm Scroll down, it says 3DO, highlight and translate: "The Panasonic 3DO Hikaru 720,000 units - March 20 1994 of" Yes it sold more than the Original Xbox. But remember it only sold 500,000..... Remmeber you have so much proof their, oh wait.....

pile of nonsense again Im afraid 1) so youre saying he lied and inflated the numbers? youre not making it easy on your argument :P 2) no your points are not clear, neither is your English or grammer for that matter either. 3) I did look , youre the one who can't provide any evidence for what youre saying 4) no I didn't 5) then show me this source , so far youve posted nothing 6)no , I posted a video which has the president of the company , who would have the figures on hand. 7 ) then Im afraid it contradicts the statements made by the person selling the system , although quite honestly Im not even sure what this source is, seems like a random website to me, and in Japanese no less 8) what does it have to do with the Xbox? although as far as I know, the console sold more than that in Japan (the Xbox that is) , so it seems like the source you posted is potentially bogus hell, this article from 2003 , makes it clear that by Jul 2003, the Xbox sold over a million the Asia-Pacific region (which is really a codeword for Japan , South Korea) , so Im willing to bet the Xbox sold more than the figure you give by the end of it (and again , these are official sales figures) , since most of those million were from Japan , and thats less than a year after the console launched. so it seems like you still can't produce a decent source or evidence, and no evidence, means most of what youre saying is bogus.

1) are yoy saying people don't lie? Do I need to post Sony's record? maybe you just have no idea what you are talking about? Where is your evidence? Mine is consistent, most other sources have different numbers than him. Maybe you are just to clouded in the head. 2) Learn how to spell "grammar' then come back to me. 3) more grammar self-ownage for insulting my grammar. 4) What is this? You got your numbers mixed up. You can't count either? 5) I posted something obviously indicating you made this post without reading my post first because you are a dried out fanboy. You are not even looking how come I am finding things and you are not? Something tells me you are just going to bash each one of them. 6) I can post about a president of Sony, who talked about lies, and PR, which talked about lies, and some other administrators, that talked about lies. Also no, he could not have been honest about the figures, Do you know how easy it is to buy a 3DO? You really honestly think his number is correct? The 3Do outsold the Xbox in japan, which the Xbox sold over 500000 units in JAPAN and thats ONE region, so how is 500000 a legit sales figure? 7)It's a retail tracker website, which has completely accurate numbers at that point. And nothing had changed since it also included system sales way after the 3DO "died" in around 96. 8)Maybe number 7 will help you stop using rosecolored glasses to read text. Lol, first of all you apparently don't know what an ARTICLE is. Second of all I said "up to that point" and any intelligent person who can read numbers, or if they must, copy and paste (I know hard right) into translator, knows those are not all the final numbers. You lost go cry in a corner. Yeah, what I am saying is bogus :roll: even though the 3DO is not like the Jaguar, can be found all over, and I am finding links you cant seem to be finding except the one video that goes against the 3DO even just selling 1 million let alone 5 because you are ashamed of your piece of crap(imo) Saturn failure. Japan alone it sold more than 500000, , the 3DO sold more than the Xbox in Japan, which the latter also sold over that number. Also Japan actually had an exclusive 3DO version as well, which is not even counted in the source I linked. Then you have to realize that at the time it was out in Japan it was not as expensive as the U.S. and even UK initial launch. Then add.Gex has sold over 10 million as a series (I wonder if you can find that,) on consoles, and 3 is the best selling with around 5-6. Gex 2 did not get to 5, so how much did Gex one sell? Gex 1 didn't sell that well on other systems as much as the 3DO and playstation and Gex 2 got way more attention on the Playstation so using simple common sense there's a whole lot of wrong with your theory. We have not even involved things such as the EU and U.S. Sales as of yet, so it should be quite clear that there's something wrong with your video and if you actually still thing there isn't there's something wrong with you. unhealthy obsession is unhealthy.

lol, pile of nonsense yet again. but I will let you stew in there for a while, seems like youre not only talking nonsense about facts, but even about things I said or didn't say, nevermind the fact there is still no evidence from you :P btw Im off to play some Need For Speed , on the 3DO no less :P
#47 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] pile of nonsense again Im afraid 1) so youre saying he lied and inflated the numbers? youre not making it easy on your argument :P 2) no your points are not clear, neither is your English or grammer for that matter either. 3) I did look , youre the one who can't provide any evidence for what youre saying 4) no I didn't 5) then show me this source , so far youve posted nothing 6)no , I posted a video which has the president of the company , who would have the figures on hand. 7 ) then Im afraid it contradicts the statements made by the person selling the system , although quite honestly Im not even sure what this source is, seems like a random website to me, and in Japanese no less 8) what does it have to do with the Xbox? although as far as I know, the console sold more than that in Japan (the Xbox that is) , so it seems like the source you posted is potentially bogus hell, this article from 2003 , makes it clear that by Jul 2003, the Xbox sold over a million the Asia-Pacific region (which is really a codeword for Japan , South Korea) , so Im willing to bet the Xbox sold more than the figure you give by the end of it (and again , these are official sales figures) , since most of those million were from Japan , and thats less than a year after the console launched. so it seems like you still can't produce a decent source or evidence, and no evidence, means most of what youre saying is bogus.

lol, pile of nonsense yet again. but I will let you stew in there for a while, seems like youre not only talking nonsense about facts, but even about things I said or didn't say, nevermind the fact there is still no evidence from you :P btw Im off to play some Need For Speed , on the 3DO no less :P

Only a truly mentally ill person would call factual links with numbers nonsense and pretend they are not there when you can link to it. Only a person who is mentally obsessed with plastic will insult people grammar, spell grammar wrong,. continue messing up with grammar, and then pretend he made no mistakes. Only a person in desperation would claim to won a 3DO when he has no 3DO and if he does has no game experience with it, and brings it up as an effort to get away. Only a person who has had brain damage, would go to the effort to find a vague E3 video and call all other sources nonsense when that is what the person asked for and claims it as evidence knowing full well its not. Only a person in denial and has no will to live after a terrible humiliating defeat would run off after being prove he has no logical thinking skills and can't actually add numbers. and to think, all that trble just to go against 3DO, terrible. Come back when you have something that actually goes against my posts. Also what fact have you even provided? Nonsense about facts? I have factual numbers and I can find links, where are all the links proving what you said? none actually, just that one youtube video. Lol, at saying something showing the system in one region selling more than 500000 is not evidence it sold more than 500000. Does it hurt when you fail? I mean I am just going to be honest here, your probably a terrible person in real life when you have to run off like a P8ssy like that and pretend things don't exist to make yourself look better. hopefully you mature when you become an adult.
#48 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"] 1) are yoy saying people don't lie? Do I need to post Sony's record? maybe you just have no idea what you are talking about? Where is your evidence? Mine is consistent, most other sources have different numbers than him. Maybe you are just to clouded in the head. 2) Learn how to spell "grammar' then come back to me. 3) more grammar self-ownage for insulting my grammar. 4) What is this? You got your numbers mixed up. You can't count either? 5) I posted something obviously indicating you made this post without reading my post first because you are a dried out fanboy. You are not even looking how come I am finding things and you are not? Something tells me you are just going to bash each one of them. 6) I can post about a president of Sony, who talked about lies, and PR, which talked about lies, and some other administrators, that talked about lies. Also no, he could not have been honest about the figures, Do you know how easy it is to buy a 3DO? You really honestly think his number is correct? The 3Do outsold the Xbox in japan, which the Xbox sold over 500000 units in JAPAN and thats ONE region, so how is 500000 a legit sales figure? 7)It's a retail tracker website, which has completely accurate numbers at that point. And nothing had changed since it also included system sales way after the 3DO "died" in around 96. 8)Maybe number 7 will help you stop using rosecolored glasses to read text. Lol, first of all you apparently don't know what an ARTICLE is. Second of all I said "up to that point" and any intelligent person who can read numbers, or if they must, copy and paste (I know hard right) into translator, knows those are not all the final numbers. You lost go cry in a corner. Yeah, what I am saying is bogus :roll: even though the 3DO is not like the Jaguar, can be found all over, and I am finding links you cant seem to be finding except the one video that goes against the 3DO even just selling 1 million let alone 5 because you are ashamed of your piece of crap(imo) Saturn failure. Japan alone it sold more than 500000, , the 3DO sold more than the Xbox in Japan, which the latter also sold over that number. Also Japan actually had an exclusive 3DO version as well, which is not even counted in the source I linked. Then you have to realize that at the time it was out in Japan it was not as expensive as the U.S. and even UK initial launch. Then add.Gex has sold over 10 million as a series (I wonder if you can find that,) on consoles, and 3 is the best selling with around 5-6. Gex 2 did not get to 5, so how much did Gex one sell? Gex 1 didn't sell that well on other systems as much as the 3DO and playstation and Gex 2 got way more attention on the Playstation so using simple common sense there's a whole lot of wrong with your theory. We have not even involved things such as the EU and U.S. Sales as of yet, so it should be quite clear that there's something wrong with your video and if you actually still thing there isn't there's something wrong with you. unhealthy obsession is unhealthy.Lordofinternet

you still going? damn youre a troll.

and yes, I do indeed own a 3DO , an FZ-10, but apparently youve been to my house....and checked what I own and what I don't :P

#49 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] lol, pile of nonsense yet again. but I will let you stew in there for a while, seems like youre not only talking nonsense about facts, but even about things I said or didn't say, nevermind the fact there is still no evidence from you :P btw Im off to play some Need For Speed , on the 3DO no less :PDarkman2007

and yes, I do indeed own a 3DO , an FZ-10, but apparently youve been to my house....and checked what I own and what I don't :P

Yep I am a troll. No actually it seems you are the one saying that factual physical link, which you already clicked on now suddenly does not exist and is not evidence over a vague youtube video. yeah, apparently been to your house? I said "when he has no 3DO and if he does has no game experience with it." i like the lack of reading skills, I already proved that 500000 is wrong, time to give up.
#50 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

[QUOTE="Lordofinternet"] .Lordofinternet

Yep I am a troll. No actually it seems you are the one saying that factual physical link, which you already clicked on now suddenly does not exist and is not evidence over a vague youtube video. yeah, apparently been to your house? I said "when he has no 3DO and if he does has no game experience with it." i like the lack of reading skills, I already proved that 500000 is wrong, time to give up.

youve proven things to yourself , thats about it, but hey, if youre happy with that, so be it. and yes I do indeed have experience with the 3DO , even with the limited 17 games or so that I own for it , which is frankly more than most people out there who don't own the system outright.