Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#1 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2055 Posts

For example: Maybe a final boss is too hard and you've tried numerous times to defeat but just end up resorting to "cheesing" your way through.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#2 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 14874 Posts

Almost never. The last time I did it was a few years ago with Dragon Age: Origins. I couldn't beat the final boss, so I switched the difficulty all the way down.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 2564 Posts

I've used them occasionally. Usually if I can't be bothered to collect resources or a like. But never god mode. I do like do use no clip when I finished a game, sometimes you'll find rooms your not meant too.

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

There is still cheat in game ? I thought that was instinct since consols are now connected to the internet.

WickedMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#5 WickedMuffin
Member since 2019 • 86 Posts

prefer not to cheat

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zuon
Member since 2008 • 359 Posts

I never cheat in games anymore, simply because I only cheat in Single Player, and most modern games don't have cheat codes coded in.

Back in the PS2 era and before though, I loved the stupid little things cheat codes did. The flying cars in the 3D GTA titles, the super "honk" jump in The Simpsons: Road Rage, the money cheat in The Sims... Cheating in a single player game is perfectly fine. It's not cheating out anyone but yourself, and can get you out of that frustrating level you just can't complete otherwise.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3196 Posts

I usually only cheat in old singleplayer games that I already have beat. just to make it more fun.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 21599 Posts

@dracula_16 said:

Almost never. The last time I did it was a few years ago with Dragon Age: Origins. I couldn't beat the final boss, so I switched the difficulty all the way down.

Same exact thing that happened to me: I had built my party around a certain character which was then removed from my party, leaving me with my pants down against the boss.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#9 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 3631 Posts

I cheat to either save myself time or to have more fun with a game. Especially to remove artificial grinds from single player games.

Money cheats are useful and also cheating to increase exp/talent system in a game instead of grinding away like a zombie. I'm not gonna grind in a single player game when I can just find the values in cheat engine and have what I want. Games feel like work if the task you are doing is too repetitive.

Some games i rarely cheat at, simulation games like Civilization or Simcity or games where the whole point of the game is to make money by building a city or empire. One simulation game I do cheat in is Sims 4, using mostly just money cheats so i can actually play the game and not waste time grinding for money and never seeing my sims.

I have to be careful sometimes not to overdo it in cheats because its just too easy to get carried away. I don't usually cheat right at the start of a game unless i feel i'm wasting my time doing something or if i'm stuck on something.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 2880 Posts

Whenever I feel like it usually. I don't have all the time in the world to play games like many here seem to have so if I can condense a 40 hour game into 8 hours or less then I'm all for it considering I only play a couple of hours a week for as long as I find the game interesting then may go a few months before another game captures my interest enough to even install it. Usually I find myself playing 80's/90's console games because they are quick to pick up and play.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Modern games are so easy there is no need for cheats.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2055 Posts

@henrythefifth: I can agree with that.

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#13 phbz
Member since 2009 • 4716 Posts

Never? I'm a soon to be 40 yo virgin in cheating.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

I tell a lie! I did cheat in RDR2! I could not find all the collectables, so I got the massive guide book to the game to help me find the stone carvings and the native american thingys.

Avatar image for adamlimbrent660
adamlimbrent660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 adamlimbrent660
Member since 2019 • 12 Posts

I’ve tried to cheat in these games https://bestgamingthings.com/call-of-duty-list-of-game-series/. But just for fun and only in offline mode. Actually it was not really interesting..