DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8771 Posts

I just rebought Condemned: Criminal Origins and the sequel Bloodshot. The atmospheres were spooky and I wanted to experience them again. I remember buying Bloodshot on day one. Sold it on Ebay way back when. And now I've bought it again? Do you find yourself rebuying games?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

It depends but generally none. I am not exempt from this tho as I bought Persona 3, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable cause I really loved Persona 3.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I use to do this pretty regularly back when I sold/traded my games. Nowadays I don’t sell or trade my games so I don’t do this anymore.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

I always try to keep my games and as for rebuying them, I'll only do that if a certain game I enjoy playing on consoles comes to PC, then I rebuy it just for the PC version. Just about all the games I played on PS4 that happens to find their way to PC, I rebuy just about them all.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

I rebought a bunch of games, and honestly its a scam. It is what it is though. This is why I like the xbox. You buy the games once, and you can play them anywhere. Once MS develops cloud gaming to a better state, I hope i'll be able to play my library on mobile too. But i'm sure the developers are all pushing back on such things. They want to make money multiple times from the same people selling them the same game again and again.

Once the AB aquisition goes through, MS should have a lot more power to influence these shady developers though.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 GNS
Member since 2015 • 921 Posts

Never.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Never. Well maybe once. My brother and I used to own a physical copy of Half Life 2 back in the day but I rebought it on Steam a few years ago.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Depends how much I like the game and probably pricing. Bought the CastleVania: Collection on Switch, PS4 and P.C. because I like having access to those games regardless of device I'm snugged up with. I do this for a lot of games if ports/ remasters/ remakes are fairly priced or on sale. If a port/ remaster to a ten plus year old game is priced the same as a brand new AAA? it ain't happening.

End of the day it's simple. I just enjoy playing games, if it's cheap enough I'll make playing my games easier. Don't care for any cynical "waste of money" takes. If you can't afford games on sale? chances are you are not playing them legally anyway, or more likely, not playing any games period.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

I think I did this once or twice in my teen years, but never since then.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

Never, I still own games I have purchased 25 years ago.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Usually only if it's game use to have that's now on a digital store-front like GOG.

Very easy to lose CD's for games that are now 10 - 30+ years old.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

Almost never.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

With the way the hobby is going I have been doing it rather frequently. If there is a chance you might want to replay a game or even pick it back up and finish it in the future, buy it. I did just that with Astral Chain as I never finished it and I had a lot of things to do in the game. If I waited, I could see the prices eventually increasing.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

I stopped buying physical for this very reason.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Only game I can remember rebuying is Satisfactory because I was dumb enough to get it on the Tencent-Epic Game Store. But! I've still managed to boycott that POS service since then.

Actually now that I think of it I do believe I might have purchased some digital versions of older games (Deus Ex, Thief 2, etc) I enjoyed back in the day.

I don't really do remasters, though.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#19 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Sometimes I'll double dip if I've purchased something on Steam and really want a physical copy to play on console.