How is Battlefield: Bad Company 2 singleplayer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tanya_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Tanya_19
Member since 2009 • 396 Posts
Im not a multiplayer type of person, so if ill get Battlefield: Bad Company 2 i will only play the single player. Is it worth getting the game just for that? Thanks
Conscrumptured

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Conscrumptured
Member since 2010 • 797 Posts
I say yes, but almost all FPS singleplayer campaigns have flaws in the story. I personally really enjoyed the singleplayer, but I got Bad Company 2 for the multiplayer and have definitely gotten my money's worth, so I can't be sure the singleplayer alone is worth the price. Still, it's a fun experience, so I say if you have the cash, go for it! Maybe you'll warm to multiplayer someday.
PewPewNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PewPewNinja
Member since 2010 • 137 Posts

If you can have a Good Price Yes otherwise wait for a good sale (like the Steam one in about a month). Ive found the control not that good (gameplay in general on the console version) But you get used to it. The Story is ok, it's in the CoD veins, about 5h long. PC version might be the wise choice (never played it on PC might want to check the forum if theres any bug).

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts

No,No,No,NO...If you was going to buy it to playm online...yes..but BF:BC2 single player feels tacked on and isn't very good or special..it was dull, boring and forgettable...your money is better spent elsewhere.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Yes and no. The single player is fun but it's not that long. Also, it's not as good as Modern Warfare 1 & 2's single player. And I haven't played it, but I think Black Ops' single player is better as well.

You have to play the multiplayer to get the most out of the game. But you can still have some fun with the single player. Just don't expect it to last long though.

blaqphantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 blaqphantom
Member since 2010 • 1829 Posts
i too like tc was considering getting BF:BC2 for the single player and maybe multiplayer but from what ive heard its more of a team/friends game orientated and only a couple of my friends own a ps3 let alone BF: BC2 and im thinking with the new release fps games Halo Reach, MoH and CoD BO not a whole lot of people still play it. and also there is the new Vietnam DLC for it. also from reviews the sp is weak and not as good as CoD like above posters said.
Snavles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Snavles
Member since 2010 • 122 Posts

I'm bad at explaining these things, but some of the shootouts are so fun. I'm on my third playthrough at the moment.

I'd say to hire it out though because the campaign is a bit short to be paying full price and you may only go through it once.

If you do hire it out you need to put it on the highest difficulty to get the most out of it.

Alot of people say the campaign is terrible... well I think they are just talking about the story being a little boring and I feel it's trying to hard to be a funny action movie with some really skippable cutscenes.

The gameplay is a blast which is what matters the most to me

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
It's an ok campaign. It lacks the thrills and set pieces of a Call of Duty game and the shooting is not very satisfying, but the environments look good and you can choose your weapon anytime after you found it once. Destroying buildings is fun, though clunky, but after you beat the campaign there's barely any reason to play it again and with no extras to speak of, all that's left is multiplayer.
face_ripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 face_ripper
Member since 2010 • 968 Posts
No, it's short with not a lot of excitment. It's more of a multiplayer game than a singleplayer.
Solori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Solori
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

BC2 single player is very mediocre. It has a real cattle chute kind of feel to it. You just feel like you are being herded into a very obvious linear path throughout the game. There are no great set pieces. It just feels like the developers put it in just to have a sp. Mp is really fun though.

If you want to try out Bad Company but just want to play the campaign, you should just buy BC1. It's sp campaign was a lot better than BC2's.

TheGrudge13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 TheGrudge13
Member since 2009 • 1198 Posts

i'd say no

the great thing about the game is the MP and if you wont play it then it's not worth it unless you are buying it really cheap

i'd say go for Bioshock 1 or 2 they are much better

LavonTB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LavonTB
Member since 2010 • 31 Posts
If you are going for just single player then no. It was a decent campaign but it was really only 4-5 hrs long. Sub to gamefly and put it on your list.