GrizlzyCapybara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 GrizlzyCapybara
Member since 2018 • 26 Posts

I used to play lots of MMOs of all sorts at school and in my first year at college, but then I had to get a job, the studies got harder than ever... And sadly, there was no time for MMORPGs in my life anymore. However, I was still looking in what direction my favorite games were heading, hoping one day I'll come back and indulge on dungeons, raids and PvP.

My first and all-time favorite MMORPG was (and still is) Lineage 2. At some point I noticed that it's advancing in some weird way. For instance, I still cannot understand why did the developers decide to switch to a free-to-play type. Honestly, I haven't seen any cases where switching to a free-to-play platform did anything good to the game. Though feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I was extremely excited when I've discovered The Elder Scrolls Online. So many releases have hit the market while I was studying, and I was overwhelmed. Now that I've already graduated, and all of a sudden I had some time to play MMOs again, so I decided to plunge into MMORPGs just like I did before. That’s how my search for a good MMO began.

I’ve tried lots of games, since I had a feeling that I haven’t been playing for a whole century. After trying out TESO I have to admit that after it has become a MMO, it has lost its charm partially, so I’d pick Skyrim or Morrowind over TESO. Blade and Soul turned out to be gorgeous, but there was nothing else to grab me and make me interested in (but it is still gorgeous). I was excited about Anthem, but the reviews are discouraging and it seems we’ll have to wait before it becomes playable.

Nostalgia got the best of me and I started looking for MMORPG that would resemble Lineage 2 and that’s how I found Lineage 2 Classic. I was beyond excited to see the locations and, in general, the game I loved so much years ago! Before that I thought the game of my childhood was lost and I won’t have an opportunity to play it anymore.

So, I'm playing Lineage 2 Classic now and that's, basically, how I quitted MMO games and returned as if I've never quitted at all! However, now I’m scared I’ll lose my job, because L2c, just like the good old Lineage 2, is impossible to stop playing. Especially at night, when you’re waiting for Baium’s respawn and having PvPs with war clans.

Thank you so much for reading. If you have a story of quitting MMOs and then returning to them, please share them in the comments, I'd love to read them.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@grizlzycapybara said:

That’s how my search for a good MMO began.

Zeggelaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Zeggelaar
Member since 2017 • 181 Posts

I quit WoW years ago and never looked back

Doerevolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Doerevolt
Member since 2019 • 41 Posts

@zeggelaar said:

I quit WoW years ago and never looked back

Same for me I have quit playing WoW and move to OW for more than a year now but the battle of Azeroth got me back to WoW

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Yeah, I guess it's one of those genres people take a break from then come back to often. I've never been interested in MMO's. It's a waste of time in my opinion. No hate though, that's just how I see it. One of my buddies used to visit internet cafes a lot to play a lot of LoL. He's not playing it anymore though. Said the community was pretty toxic. I think he's more into Hearthstone these days.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I played a bit of Guild Wars 2 with my friends some years ago and while we enjoyed it, we eventually abandoned it. We recently started ESO (the Morrowing expansion to be precise). I'm mostly enjoying it but like with GW2 I doubt we'll commit to it in the long term.

Generally, I wouldn't say I'm an MMO type of gamer but they can be fun experiences with my friends until another online multiplayer game comes up.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I want to go back to WoW, and I don’t want to go back to WoW.

Such a dangerous but fun addiction. But my god, the amount of time it sucks from you is sinful.

Doerevolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Doerevolt
@speeny said:

One of my buddies used to visit internet cafes a lot to play a lot of LoL.

LoL is not an MMO :)

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9 GNS
Member since 2015 • 921 Posts

I quit MMO in 8th grade when I noticed that I've been playing it for 8 hours straight.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#10 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@doerevolt: My bad. Lol goes to show I’m not very familiar with the genre then. :P

UG_Vader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 UG_Vader
Member since 2019 • 3 Posts

I quit wow and never went back after years, quit runescape after YEARS! and somehow made it back to it lol

Arthur155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Arthur155
Member since 2019 • 1 Posts

@ug_vader: some how its much easier to get back to older games than new ones. Here is what im playing right now. a game from 10 years ago but still has charms.

155 Dedicated Server instant cast/bugcast, 5APS, level 500 and balanced pvp. We have tons of customization not seen anywhere else, toons of fashion and active community. Balanced pvp and friendly gms awaits you.

Join Now : http://www.ramakeof.pwbluedragon.ovh/

Pcmasterrace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pcmasterrace69
Member since 2017 • 373 Posts

Perfect world was free (I couldnt afford world of warcraft subscription money) so I play perfect world instead.

venomancer 65 and with getting a job and being busy ive been years away from that mmorpg.

maybe one day if a miracle occurs and I dont have to work for some years (miracle indeed

.) then I could return haha

InnerGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 InnerGame
Member since 2018 • 200 Posts
@grizlzycapybara said:
However, now I’m scared I’ll lose my job, because L2c, just like the good old Lineage 2, is impossible to stop playing. Especially at night, when you’re waiting for Baium’s respawn and having PvPs with war clans.

Please, be careful! It's very bad to lose your job. I understand the game can be very interesting, but you should to control yourself.

Doerevolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Doerevolt

@speeny said:

@doerevolt: My bad. Lol goes to show I’m not very familiar with the genre then. :P

LoL,Dota2 and other are called MOBA