sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 502 Posts

Is it really as supremely difficult as game guides say it is? I've played both 3 and New Vegas. I can understand why people call NV the "broken" Fallout, I beat it but my ending sucked ( didn't have the patience to save the mutants in Jacobstown, I wasn't able to kill Benny, etc ). 3, on the other hand, is more diverse in terms of side quests, characters, and factions, but DAMN it's hard. One of the main lessons I learned from playing as the Lone Wanderer was to always have a Fat Man on me.

The only thing I know about 4 ( besides the main quest ) is that the gameplay is like Skyrim's. The more you try a skill, the better you get at it. So I don't see how it's harder than 3 and NV combined.

Could someone fill me in? Difficult or not, this'll be the first game I get once I buy a One.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

Play and find out. Fallout tends to be difficult at first. But I wouldn't say it's a hard as 3 was.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44666 Posts

It's really quite flexible in how easy or difficult you want to make really.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Depends on how you play.

If you go out exploring right away, it is really hard, and you will die a lot.

If you stay at the first town and gain XP by building and scrapping stuff, you can easily reach level 12 without leaving the first town (sanctuary). With this, you can get the most important perks such as damage and radiation resistance, and also upgrade your stats. And if you do all that, then the game is pretty easy to beat.

It's even easier if you take the Idiot SAvant perk, which you can take at the very beginning, as long as you have high enough luck. This triples all XP you got randomly, and with it, you can be very high level very fast. Great perk. Jsut save before you are given quest XP reward, so that if the Idiot Savant does not kick in to boost the XP, you can then reload, and try again.

I love that perk.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58542 Posts

not hard at all, though sometimes the beginning can be difficult.

there are stimpaks everywhere, though, for some reason. I mean Fallout 4 has so many stimpaks its almost cheating

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10590 Posts

@sanghelle56 said:

The more you try a skill, the better you get at it.

pretty sure bethesda removed that. you don't level up by "doing" anymore

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Same as the others. Beginning is tough but the rest is easy

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

no its not a hard game but like everyone said it can be a challenge at the beginning of the game but as you choose more perks and weapons it gets easier.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58542 Posts

to add on to what I said earlier:

I recommend following the main quest storylines for the first few levels before opening up the game and free-roaming around (the fun part), doing side quests, etc. Specifically, do the first few Minutemen missions and the first few Brotherhood missions.

It will generally hold your hand for a few missions, give you some solid rewards, and not stress you out while introducing you to some new mechanics (specifically base building).

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

The game gets really easy fast after you get the power armor which is pretty early in the game. I was a harbringer of death after just a couple of hours into the game on hard with my power armor and power sledgehammer.

Alexander4552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Alexander4552
Member since 2012 • 147 Posts

Depends on the difficulty you play on, it's certainly not as terrible as Legendary difficulty in Skyrim

Personally i play on Survival difficulty, which makes yourself and enemies (usually) take more damage overall.

Plus you can't quicksave or manually save.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

its not hard maybe in the beginning if you advance too far and end up in an area with no weapons and health. I had a harder time in new vegas and skyrim