How fast is Gamefly?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

quitoman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 quitoman89
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I've used Gamefly before but if I were to restart today put LA Noire in my list would they ship it before the release date so it gets to my house a day or two after the release date?

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

I've used Gamefly before but if I were to restart today put LA Noire in my list would they ship it before the release date so it gets to my house a day or two after the release date?

quitoman89

The problem is there is no guarantee that you will get it when it comes out, LA Noire is going to be on alot of peoples list, if you put it as your only game your list chances will greatly improve and you should get it pretty quickly.

But if you want the game really really badly you should just pre order it and go get it from a store.

Shadow-Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Shadow-Elite
Member since 2007 • 18289 Posts
Gamefly isnt that fast and it isnt that slow for me. I think depends on how far the shipping center is from you. And of course the availability of your requested game. I sent a game back on Monday, they received it Tuesday. Told me they shipped out my other game Wednesday, didnt get it Saturday. So now I'm hoping to comes Monday...
Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

They have copies for approximately 10% of the people who are going to want it. Are you going to be one of those people? Probably not. Did you already pay them, thus removing any reason they would have to supply you with satisfactory service? Yes.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
if you want a new game clear your game list and leave la noire as your only game. on monday they should ship it for you. usually for me if i do that ill get the game Wednesday. i've never not gotten a new game. i always get madden and ncaa football when i do that
fl4tlined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 fl4tlined
Member since 2007 • 4134 Posts
if you want a new game clear your game list and leave la noire as your only game. on monday they should ship it for you. usually for me if i do that ill get the game Wednesday. i've never not gotten a new game. i always get madden and ncaa football when i do thatmems_1224
this man speaks the truth
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

[QUOTE="quitoman89"]

crimsonman1245

The problem is there is no guarantee that you will get it when it comes out, LA Noire is going to be on alot of peoples list, if you put it as your only game your list chances will greatly improve and you should get it pretty quickly.

But if you want the game really really badly you should just pre order it and go get it from a store.

I never understood why gamefly cannot keep an even remotely decent amount of games in stock. It's really not worth the subscription when almost none of the games I want are available because they're too new or too old or weren't popular enough for them to buy enough copies.

Netflix (MUCH bigger than gamefly) has no problem keeping new movies in stock. Sure DVD's are cheaper but Netflix has far more customers. Netflix also has never sent me a broken disc (and I mean BROKEN). Gamefly has sent me several CRACKED discs.

Their speed varies. Depends where they send from. I rented Blazblue CS and they shipped from Tampa (Across the country from me. I'm near the coast in California.)

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

[QUOTE="quitoman89"]

Pixel-Pirate

I never understood why gamefly cannot keep an even remotely decent amount of games in stock. It's really not worth the subscription when almost none of the games I want are available because they're too new or too old or weren't popular enough for them to buy enough copies.

Netflix (MUCH bigger than gamefly) has no problem keeping new movies in stock. Sure DVD's are cheaper but Netflix has far more customers. Netflix also has never sent me a broken disc (and I mean BROKEN). Gamefly has sent me several CRACKED discs.

Their speed varies. Depends where they send from. I rented Blazblue CS and they shipped from Tampa (Across the country from me. I'm near the coast in California.)

The physically destroyed disc issues ( of which i experienced 4 times in the 6 months i used them ) should not be that large of an issue now that they have hand sorted postage like netflix has had for years. None of that changes how laughably bad their inventory and shipping is though.
Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

[QUOTE="quitoman89"]

Pixel-Pirate

Because they can get away with it. It's not worth it to them to buy what's required when people put up with it. I subscribe to them on and off, only to be able to rent older titles as I know I'll be waiting weeks for new ones. For used, it's great, new....not so much.

Btw, TC-if you try to quit, they'll offer you a cheaper price for a month or two. Least they did for me. Might be worth trying to see if you can save some dough. And I HIGHLY doubt you'll be getting L.A. Noire on or soon after release, not unless you're extremely lucky.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

Alter_Echo

The physically destroyed disc issues ( of which i experienced 4 times in the 6 months i used them ) should not be that large of an issue now that they have hand sorted postage like netflix has had for years. None of that changes how laughably bad their inventory and shipping is though.

Last time I had the destroyed disc issue was three weeks ago on an SSF4 disc that was cracked down the middle.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

quitoman89
Unless you live on top of them(same state) then don't plan on getting anything earlier than 3 days and usually longer.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dracula68

Pixel-Pirate

Well simple answer is Netflix has their **** together. The longest I ever had to wait on a movie to get to me was 2 days and that was one time in about 6 years. Way more stock and faster delivery times overall than GameFly. To be fair they have a ton more locations all over the US.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pixel-Pirate

Gameflys closest warehouse is like two towns over. 20 minute drive, tops. And it still takes them 4+ days to ship something.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dracula68

Gameflys closest warehouse is like two towns over. 20 minute drive, tops. And it still takes them 4+ days to ship something.

Pixel-Pirate

You should ask if they allow walk-ins.

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#16 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

I wish someone would start up an alternative to GF that actually provides what they proclaim, as Netflix does. Buy enough stock to satiate demand, and open enough distribution warehouses for quick turn around and delivery. They'd rake in a ****load of dough very quickly. If I could get new games right off the bat, I'd never not be a member.

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
3-4 days, news games usually take around 2-3 days, expecting it faster then that is out of the question.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dracula68

I wish someone would start up an alternative to GF that actually provides what they proclaim, as Netflix does. Buy enough stock to satiate demand, and open enough distribution warehouses for quick turn around and delivery. They'd rake in a ****load of dough very quickly. If I could get new games right off the bat, I'd never not be a member.

Rekunta

Sadly they have a monopoly right now. I've tried at least 3 other mail services since March 6th 2001 and they were all even slower if you can believe that.....