how does pre-ordering a game work?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by slipknot0129 (5832 posts) -

When you pre-order a game online what shipping do you have to pick to get it on the first day? Or do they ship it ealier to you if you picked the slow shipping so that it get to you the first day? I heard some people get their games a day before the game was suppose to come out when they pre-order a game.

#2 Posted by Allicrombie (26207 posts) -
You have to get overnight shipping to get it on or before the first day, I'm pretty sure.
#3 Posted by Magnol49 (459 posts) -

If you order the game from Amazon - on certain games they will offer 'release-day shipping'. If you don't see it as an option when you check out then they probably don't offer it.

#4 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

When you pre-order a game online what shipping do you have to pick to get it on the first day? Or do they ship it ealier to you if you picked the slow shipping so that it get to you the first day? I heard some people get their games a day before the game was suppose to come out when they pre-order a game.

slipknot0129
In my experience, the game that I pre-ordered, through either amazon.com or EBGames.com, would arrive on the day it comes out when I put down one-day shipping. If I put in a different shipping option, such as standard shipping, it won't arrive until after it has been released.
#5 Posted by gvazdas (41 posts) -
Q: How does pre-ordering a game work? A: 1. You pre-order a game that has not yet been released (example Mass Effect 2 or BioShock 2 when they are available for pre-order, which means you can only pre-order bofore the release date. Around 2-3 weeks before releasing). 2. You get a discount for a pre-ordered game. 3. If you have Steam: 1. You pre-order a game. 2. You download it. (note: THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN PLAY A PRE-ORDERED GAME!) 3. When the game is released, you can play it. 4. If you buy it on amazon or other websites: 1. You pre-order a game. 2. When it is released, you get it shipped to your house. You got a discount too.