How do you change your xbox account so you could play any rating of game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wwe_xbox360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wwe_xbox360
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts
topic..pleaz help
CrimsonpugTwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CrimsonpugTwo
Member since 2004 • 2220 Posts

You have to have your XboxLive account registered with the fact that you are 18 to download M demos. BUT it has to be YOUR credit card to change that info, and the credit card keeps track of your age. If its a parents credit card I don't think they'll let you change your age.

On the 360 itself there is a setting in the System tab on the last blade that will allow you to deactivate any parental blocks on M or T rated games. However, if your parents DID set the blocks chances are pretty high that there is a password that only they know that will be needed to deactivate the settings. Hope that helps.

Avatar image for Charlie_Weasley
Charlie_Weasley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Charlie_Weasley
Member since 2007 • 214 Posts

You have to have your XboxLive account registered with the fact that you are 18 to download M demos. BUT it has to be YOUR credit card to change that info, and the credit card keeps track of your age. If its a parents credit card I don't think they'll let you change your age.

On the 360 itself there is a setting in the System tab on the last blade that will allow you to deactivate any parental blocks on M or T rated games. However, if your parents DID set the blocks chances are pretty high that there is a password that only they know that will be needed to deactivate the settings. Hope that helps.

CrimsonpugTwo

Not necessarily, I used my credit card and I'm nowhere near 18, so it's not the card that keeps track. All it is, is someone set it to not allow M games, so if TC can go in there and reset it he'll be fien.

CrimsonpugTwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CrimsonpugTwo
Member since 2004 • 2220 Posts
[QUOTE="CrimsonpugTwo"]

Charlie_Weasley

Not necessarily, I used my credit card and I'm nowhere near 18, so it's not the card that keeps track. All it is, is someone set it to not allow M games, so if TC can go in there and reset it he'll be fien.

Well see the problem with that is that "legally" a person under 18 is not permitted to have their own credit card. This is because the fact that people under the age of adulthood are not legally allowed to enter into binding contracts. It makes ownership of a card null and void. Its the same reason as why BMG Music clubs and otherplaces that let you buy 10 CDs for a dollar, if you agree to buy 7 more at full price, cannot legally go after a kid who is 17 or less for ordering those CDs and refusing to pay the company what it owed them. You can't make a binding contract.

So. If the card is registered to you, through a check account or a paygo system, the card automatically registers you as an adult. So if you signed up for your XBL account with your own name and card, XBL just assumes you are 18.

But if a parent had to enter their information, and said during the sign up that the account was for a third party. Then yes, that would make the person unable to alter the account unless they were the authorized card holder. It sucks, but its true.

I too would assume that the parents just set the parental controls, but since the vast majority of parents don't even know that there IS a parental block, I'd just go for the credit card angle. Either way the kid is screwed, cause he needs the password anyways.

Unless the parents never set one when they locked it, but it DOES ask you if you want to enter one when you're doing it....

Avatar image for SilentSniper308
SilentSniper308

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SilentSniper308
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I have this same problem. i did some research online and if you dont put your age to above 18 when you make your account, your screwed and cant change it until you purchase a new account. I personally think this is completely rediculous because I now cant test the game myself. I also bought a year of xbox live a week before i found this out.
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
is this the XBOX forum?