how did SIN reached the dreamland, Zanarkand in FFX?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

angelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 angelic
Member since 2003 • 435 Posts

I just finished the game, the ending was great! as well as very emotional. it made me cry a bit.

anyway, the story made a lot of sense at the later part of the game but it made me wonder how SIN roaming around spira reached (and destroyed) the dreamland version of Zanarkand and grabbed Tidus to Spira, the real and existing world. Isn't SIN suppose to house and protect the memories/dreams of Zanarkand.

for your reference i have broken down what i understood:

• Zanarkand was a high tech city that was destroyed by Bevelle during the war.
  • SIN was created to be the ARMOR of Yevon, the head summoner of Zanarkand.
  • The surviving summoners of Zanarkand during the war with Bevelle was forced to become FAYTH in order to create dreams and memories of Zanarkand. This results the creation of the city, Tidus and Jecht.
  • Yevon become insane that it used SIN to destroy cities in spira with High Technology to avoid the discovery of memory Zanarkand. Thus his name became Yu Yevon (from what i understood it translates as "curse of Yevon").

I can mention more but my inquiry revolves around SIN. I may have missed important dialogue during cutscenes about this so if you can add some facts related to my question, please add.

Candy-Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Candy-Star
Member since 2004 • 4378 Posts
Its been years since I've played it but I always loved the plot so interesting.. I remember it was said that SIN went to zanarkand to find Tidus right? How.. don't know =P
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts
I seem to remember Auron saying how he could travel around since he was dead. Perhaps the same thing applies to SIN.
Crawler3333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Crawler3333
Member since 2005 • 106 Posts
I reached a very complex - and maybe terribly wrong - version of the story which is based on one simple theory which is never really explained clearly in-game. The game states in some occasions that Dream Zanarkand is nothing more than a "dream" and a "memory", but both these definitions are not accurate IMO. In my theory, Zanarkand it's a city populated by generations of Unsent which lived unaware of their unnatural condition - just as it happened to old Maechen and explained in FFX-2.Needless to say, my theory is valid only if you conceive that Unsent can have children as "regular" people can do.This would explain why Auron (which is Unsent too) can come and go more easily than everyone else. Concerning SIN, the answer is quite simple: he IS Dream Zanarkand and its protector.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
The dream realm was just a vision of what the past was. I'm not really sure about this, but if I were to take a guess, Sin is there because he was in the past also, and with the attack on Zanarkand, a rift probably opened between the dream and the real world. I don't really know though, I didn't think FFx's story was great.
Crawler3333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Crawler3333
angelic wrote: "Isn't SIN suppose to house and protect the memories/dreams of Zanarkand. On second thought, the answer is a little more complicated and I need to explain my theory a little further-so you can blame more if I got it all wrong. The point of Dream Zanarkand being a "memory" of the original is essential this time around.A memory is something which is based on something pre-existing, and we can assume that Dream Zanarkand is a quite accurate one (that's the purpose of its very existence, right ?) and thus SIN cannot "screw things up" by inventing new buildings or other pieces of the city of his own will. Now, how does SIN creates Dream Zanarkand ? That's my crazy idea: it summons it. All of DZ-each of buildings, plazas and stuff- it's all an enormous summon. The game says that Yu Yevon is moved by an unstoppable urge to summon, but what can he do when DZ has been summoned completely so he must stop the process in order to keep the memory of the original safe from any change ? The answer is simple: wash, rinse and repeat. He destroys Zanarkand so he can repeat the summoning, again and again across the centuries. I have no idea about how much time he needs to complete the process, but it could take some time. The people (Unsent) of Zanarkand would have no recollections of it - as they seem to have none of the war with Bevelle and many other things. I hope I didn't mess up with your heads, but I think some things in my ramblings could be right. Just let me know what you think about it.
angelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 angelic

angelic wrote: "Isn't SIN suppose to house and protect the memories/dreams of Zanarkand. On second thought, the answer is a little more complicated and I need to explain my theory a little further-so you can blame more if I got it all wrong. The point of Dream Zanarkand being a "memory" of the original is essential this time around.A memory is something which is based on something pre-existing, and we can assume that Dream Zanarkand is a quite accurate one (that's the purpose of its very existence, right ?) and thus SIN cannot "screw things up" by inventing new buildings or other pieces of the city of his own will. Now, how does SIN creates Dream Zanarkand ? That's my crazy idea: it summons it. All of DZ-each of buildings, plazas and stuff- it's all an enormous summon. The game says that Yu Yevon is moved by an unstoppable urge to summon, but what can he do when DZ has been summoned completely so he must stop the process in order to keep the memory of the original safe from any change ? The answer is simple: wash, rinse and repeat. He destroys Zanarkand so he can repeat the summoning, again and again across the centuries. I have no idea about how much time he needs to complete the process, but it could take some time. The people (Unsent) of Zanarkand would have no recollections of it - as they seem to have none of the war with Bevelle and many other things. I hope I didn't mess up with your heads, but I think some things in my ramblings could be right. Just let me know what you think about it.Crawler3333

So if SIN destroys Dream Zanarkand, it sort of erase then creates another Zanarkand? In short, like a RESET button? And I assume Auron, an unsent who has the ability now to travel back and forth DZ came and waited for that moment so he can grab TIDUS out of the dream world. If so Auron knew the existence of a Dream City within SIN possibly when Braska and Jecht sacrificed and fought it.

This isn't found in the story nor in some cutscene dialogue right? Sorry it seemed I answered my own question. :P

Simsfreak14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Simsfreak14
Member since 2006 • 1480 Posts
Remember Sin was Tidus's father.
-Gray_Fox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Gray_Fox-
Member since 2005 • 2578 Posts

even though Tidus was in Spira he was still a dream, so he didn't become real after all, I think it's just that Sin took him from

Zanarkand and placed him in Spira, while he still was dream, just like those dead ppl wandering (Auron) spira and able to reach the dreamland, I guess Tidus and Auron are both alike after all.

anyway I wanna say that the bad thing about FFX's story is SIN even though it's the most part of it , lol

how could a summoner , just one person, make ppl suffer for that long and that much, plain stupid...

and the end sux, I hate it!!!! couldn't they make Tidus live with the others or something:?

Crawler3333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Crawler3333
angelic wrote: "So if SIN destroys Dream Zanarkand, it sort of erase then creates another Zanarkand? In short, like a RESET button? And I assume Auron, an unsent who has the ability now to travel back and forth DZ came and waited for that moment so he can grab TIDUS out of the dream world. If so Auron knew the existence of a Dream City within SIN possibly when Braska and Jecht sacrificed and fought it." You got it right.... IMO. :) -Gray_Fox- wrote: "even though Tidus was in Spira he was still a dream, so he didn't become real after all, I think it's just that Sin took him from Zanarkand and placed him in Spira, while he still was dream, just like those dead ppl wandering (Auron) spira and able to reach the dreamland, I guess Tidus and Auron are both alike after all." Both Auron and Tidus are Unsent.The only real difference is that Auron attained that status after death, while Tidus... well, he's always been that since the day he was born. That's why Tidus fades away as Yuna is dancing-on all its purpose, Yuna's dancing it's just a very, VERY big Ritual of Sending involving all DZ.
angelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 angelic

Remember Sin was Tidus's father.Simsfreak14

Yes, Auron mentioned that to Tidus on one of the Cutscenes.

even though Tidus was in Spira he was still a dream, so he didn't become real after all, I think it's just that Sin took him from Zanarkand and placed him in Spira, while he still was dream, just like those dead ppl wandering (Auron) spira and able to reach the dreamland, I guess Tidus and Auron are both alike after all.

anyway I wanna say that the bad thing about FFX's story is SIN even though it's the most part of it , lol

how could a summoner , just one person, make ppl suffer for that long and that much, plain stupid...

and the end sux, I hate it!!!! couldn't they make Tidus live with the others or something:?

-Gray_Fox-

Personally, I loved the structure of the story. the summoners were used as a ritual for THE CALM to ease SIN from destroying city after city but only for a limited time. from what i understood, Yevon wanted the memories and himself to live forever or as long as possible so SIN's armour have to be "thickened" by the summoners by sacrificing and summoning their final aeons to bind themselves to SIN. at least that's what I understood from the story..(this may need correction so feel free to edit :P)

angelic wrote: "So if SIN destroys Dream Zanarkand, it sort of erase then creates another Zanarkand? In short, like a RESET button? And I assume Auron, an unsent who has the ability now to travel back and forth DZ came and waited for that moment so he can grab TIDUS out of the dream world. If so Auron knew the existence of a Dream City within SIN possibly when Braska and Jecht sacrificed and fought it." You got it right.... IMO. :) -Gray_Fox- wrote: "even though Tidus was in Spira he was still a dream, so he didn't become real after all, I think it's just that Sin took him from Zanarkand and placed him in Spira, while he still was dream, just like those dead ppl wandering (Auron) spira and able to reach the dreamland, I guess Tidus and Auron are both alike after all." Both Auron and Tidus are Unsent.The only real difference is that Auron attained that status after death, while Tidus... well, he's always been that since the day he was born. That's why Tidus fades away as Yuna is dancing-on all its purpose, Yuna's dancing it's just a very, VERY big Ritual of Sending involving all DZ.Crawler3333

I do believe in you theory that Zanarkand is a city of Unsent citizen. that's probably the reason why Yu Yevon, religion of Spira find death as ultimate absolution. Should I buy FFX-2 to understand more on FFX universe?

Squire_Ramza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Squire_Ramza
Member since 2007 • 1239 Posts
I do believe in you theory that Zanarkand is a city of Unsent citizen. that's probably the reason why Yu Yevon, religion of Spira find death as ultimate absolution. Should I buy FFX-2 to understand more on FFX universe?angelic

I cannot stress how bad of a game FFX-2 was. It doesn't seem to explain ****, the plot is lame and Yuna in that game is really annoying as are the other two females. It felt like something thrown out just to make more money off of FFX fans.