How Are Ipod Allowed To Ripp You Off

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shadedemonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 shadedemonic
Member since 2009 • 43 Posts

hello i bought a ipod and bought call of duty nazi zombies 2 and also a phew other games but now there not in the ipod store anymore and my brother deleated them so now what i get ripped off how are people getting away with this is this allowed.

And if this is allowed isant it scamming people or fraud or somrthing like that

so if there allowed doing that arent i allowed jail breaking my ipod to get free games because thats what im thinking of doing because so far i have been ripped off 64$ and also i dont do illegal stuff so would it be illegal to jailbreak my ipod just for downloading thouse games i already paid for that arent downloadable anymore because i already paid for them so that wouldent be illegal at least i dont think it would be please tell me what you think

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

If they aren't in the store anymore then it's Activision's fault for removing them.

Though I still see Call of Duty: Zombies in the app store (unless there was another version too at some point, I don't know).

As for it being illegal to download them - yeah, I think it would be, even if it seems to be kind of a grey area.

Sometimes Apple's search sucks, too, so maybe try a couple of variants on the title to see if they pop up. What other games disappeared from the store?

Avatar image for Vinegar_Strokes
Vinegar_Strokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Vinegar_Strokes
Member since 2010 • 3401 Posts

its the same with crisps. i got a packed of salt and vinegar crisps last week. my brother sat on them and ruined them. so i went back to the store for a free new packed and they told me to get lost. its a scam i tell thee.

oh and its apple.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
hello i bought a ipod and bought call of duty nazi zombies 2 and also a phew other games but now there not in the ipod store anymore and my brother deleated them so now what i get ripped off how are people getting away with this is this allowed. And if this is allowed isant it scamming people or fraud or somrthing like that so if there allowed doing that arent i allowed jail breaking my ipod to get free games because thats what im thinking of doing because so far i have been ripped off 64$ and also i dont do illegal stuff so would it be illegal to jailbreak my ipod just for downloading thouse games i already paid for that arent downloadable anymore because i already paid for them so that wouldent be illegal at least i dont think it would be please tell me what you thinkshadedemonic
1. Tell your brother to stop deleting stuff from your phone. Why are you letting him use it anyway, if he does that kind of thing? Tell him to leave it alone. 2. Unless your iPhone came with a guaranteed promise that you would always be able to re-download your games to it, you're not being scammed. It's like going back to Best Buy and demand a refund for your TV because Sony removed a game from the PSN store. Completely illogical. 3. Jailbreaking your phone is not illegal in the US, but it will void your warranty. It is however against the Gamespot ToU to discuss jailbreaking, not to mention that downloading those games through any other method than by buying them first, definitely is illegal since it's game piracy, and also against that very same ToU. Not smart to talk about it on Gamespot, in other other words.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
[QUOTE="shadedemonic"]hello i bought a ipod and bought call of duty nazi zombies 2 and also a phew other games but now there not in the ipod store anymore and my brother deleated them so now what i get ripped off how are people getting away with this is this allowed. And if this is allowed isant it scamming people or fraud or somrthing like that so if there allowed doing that arent i allowed jail breaking my ipod to get free games because thats what im thinking of doing because so far i have been ripped off 64$ and also i dont do illegal stuff so would it be illegal to jailbreak my ipod just for downloading thouse games i already paid for that arent downloadable anymore because i already paid for them so that wouldent be illegal at least i dont think it would be please tell me what you thinkChiliDragon
1. Tell your brother to stop deleting stuff from your phone. Why are you letting him use it anyway, if he does that kind of thing? Tell him to leave it alone. 2. Unless your iPhone came with a guaranteed promise that you would always be able to re-download your games to it, you're not being scammed. It's like going back to Best Buy and demand a refund for your TV because Sony removed a game from the PSN store. Completely illogical. 3. Jailbreaking your phone is not illegal in the US, but it will void your warranty. It is however against the Gamespot ToU to discuss jailbreaking, not to mention that downloading those games through any other method than by buying them first, definitely is illegal since it's game piracy, and also against that very same ToU. Not smart to talk about it on Gamespot, in other other words.

Chili did my work for me.:P