TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

Elite Dangerous Beyond Chapter 4 release!

7 Days to Die Alpha 17 release!

its like friggin Christmas!

even Farming Simulator 19 which looks unusually good is on my radar.

whats your list?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Forza Horizon 4, and Red Dead Redemption 2 for me. I plan on picking these up and be playing them over the holidays.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I'm just replaying some old games after RDR2 that was my last new game of the year next year will another great year for gaming.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@warmblur: Yeah same. Having finished RDR2, I don't feel like sinking into another big game for a while... so I'll probably just play some older games or some smaller stuff off Game Pass (like Observer, which looks interesting).

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

Wouldn't say planned but I have a few to keep me busy-

• Winter Event for Monster Hunter: World will be fun, I'll stick with it as long as my MH group does.
  • 2B should bring more into RMs for Soul Calibur VI, hopefully give it the second wind VI deserves.
  • Quake: Champions is always worth diving for a few rounds.
  • Like ^(above) Dragon's Crown is another game I dive in for quick sessions.
  • Going to play Requiems Symphony of the Night at somepoint. Rondo is a great port so have high hopes.
  • And Smash Ultimate is almost out. With Simon and Richter I think I'll have a lot of fun during travels.
  • Probably replay more Survival Horror games before Resi2, random picks from my collection.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

For years I've always played through Shenmue around Christmas and now that it has been released on steam, I will get the chance to play through both 1 and 2 this year.

Until then, Fallout 76 has been keeping me occupied.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Red Dead Redemption 2. waiting for a price drop atm

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#8 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Nothing at the moment. I like to watch Christmas movies around this time of year. But will probably be watching all of the MCU films in December. Lol

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#9 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

Shenmue

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

Picking up God of War for $25 and Dragonball Fighter Z for $17 on Black Friday. Once I beat Red Dead Redemption 2 I'll probably play those all through January while waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3!

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@tryit said:

whats your list?

I take it this is sarcasm?

Have not enough decent games released lately for you?

If so, I can't relate because I rarely buy games at release time - and there are TONS of great looking games that have come out in the last two or three years or so.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#13 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I kinda plan on gaming heavy for the month I have off from school since I haven't had a ton of time for video games the last few months. Anyway, I have God of War on the way that I should get through next month. Also might go ahead and get RDR2 and have at it while I have the time, though I'm debating on waiting until the summer for that. If that's the case, then I'll probably just chip away at my PS+ backlog in addition to God of War.

Longsnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Longsnout
Member since 2013 • 181 Posts

More RDR2 and then some Bloodborne and HZD which I just picked up cheap.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@thereal25 said:
@tryit said:

whats your list?

If so, I can't relate because I rarely buy games at release time - and there are TONS of great looking games that have come out in the last two or three years or so.

those are fantastic games.

a few decades of doing literally nothing other than running about killing stuff I finally burned out on the games you consider to be 'good' because I want to do MORE in my games, not less

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Finishing up Fractured But Whole, Mario Odyssey, and playing Valkyria Chronicles 4!

If I get a new game for Xmas, then that as well

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thereal25

@tryit said:
@thereal25 said:
@tryit said:

whats your list?

those are fantastic games.

a few decades of doing literally nothing other than running about killing stuff I finally burned out on the games you consider to be 'good' because I want to do MORE in my games, not less

Alright I take it back, my comment was a little harsh. And yes, after checking the steam reviews those games actually look alright. Farming sim wouldn't be my cup of tea though unless I was playing it for educational purposes.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#18 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

@thereal25: Elite Dangerous isn't exactly a farming game, sure it's heavily focused on cargo gathering from one dock to another, but it's also more of a challenging space simulator. And when it gets tense, it's very tense.

Death matters in the game and can happen in various ways despite for the vast majority you'd be travelling through empty space. Mastering docking, keeping tabs on fuel, and knowing how to handle pirate encounters are all part a learning curve that you won't get right away and will go through a lot of trial and error.

What makes Elite special is you get a little better each time, because when you end up stranded in space waiting to die or are blown apart due to poor handling or overwhelmed you see the errors you made and can better prepare for the next time.

I've sunk about 400hours into E:D(IV) 250 probably more like a background screensaver due to the nature of the game. But when it heats up and it's go time, it's very enjoyable.

As the IV notes above, Elite: Dangerous is not some new IP, and actually the fourth major game in the Elite franchise. Having decades worth of mechanics refined to modern standards. It's very deep and rewarding if the player is willing, both new and old.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#19 GNS
Member since 2015 • 920 Posts

Not a clue, have a couple unfinished games on my PS4 from last and this year, so I think I'll be finishing them before thinking about something new to buy. But, maybe, Detroit: Become Human. I really don't know.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#21 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@thereal25 said:
@tryit said:

whats your list?

I got a disgusting backlog I need to start chipping into at some point, and the holidays may be the perfect time to do it.

If I get my way, I should be able to go trough :

- Middle Earth Shadow of War - I'm about 25 hours in.

- Divinity Original Sin - 10 hours or about. An absolute gem.

- Hitman - a few hours in. I'm not entirely sold on the mechanics, but I'm willing to push trough, as I really like the setting.

- Final Fantasy XV - 20 hours in. Hated it on consoles. Plays pretty sweet with KB/M.

- Assassin's Creed Origins - 25 hours in - I like this one a lot. This is the game most likely to get finished during the holidays.

That's on top of sporadic games of Battlefield and Black Ops!

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7221 Posts

Crazy backlog but definitely looking at AC odyssey to play through the Christmas period. I remember back in the day die hard trilogy on ps1 was always my Christmas go to game.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

darksiders 3 and maybe fallout 76

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thereal25

@lucidique said:
@thereal25 said:
@tryit said:

whats your list?

I got a disgusting backlog I need to start chipping into at some point, and the holidays may be the perfect time to do it.

- Hitman - a few hours in. I'm not entirely sold on the mechanics, but I'm willing to push trough, as I really like the setting.

- Final Fantasy XV - 20 hours in. Hated it on consoles. Plays pretty sweet with KB/M.

- Assassin's Creed Origins - 25 hours in - I like this one a lot. This is the game most likely to get finished during the holidays.

Got a bit of a backlog myself. Too much work, not enough time!!!

... still about half way through middle earth shadow of mordor - (pretty good game)

also playing xcom 2 which is great

and just bought a couple of new games too (Deus Ex Mankind divided and Bayonetta)

Speaking of divinity original sin - I plan on buying the sequel at some point and ffxv looks interesting also...

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#25 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@thereal25 said:
@lucidique said:
@thereal25 said:
@tryit said:

whats your list?

Got a bit of a backlog myself. Too much work, not enough time!!!

... still about half way through middle earth shadow of mordor - (pretty good game)

also playing xcom 2 which is great

and just bought a couple of new games too (Deus Ex Mankind divided and Bayonetta)

Speaking of divinity original sin - I plan on buying the sequel at some point and ffxv looks interesting also...

Decent games you are playing trough right now. God, Xcom 2 is absolutely amazing, especially if you got war of the chosen to go along with it.

I would recommend you watch some gameplay videos before buying Final Fantasy, as it is a very different game from the rest of the series. Personally, I waited for a sale before buying it.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thereal25

@lucidique:

Decent games you are playing trough right now. God, Xcom 2 is absolutely amazing, especially if you got war of the chosen to go along with it.

I would recommend you watch some gameplay videos before buying Final Fantasy, as it is a very different game from the rest of the series. Personally, I waited for a sale before buying it.

Thanks! Yeah, xcom2 is a really rewarding game! I didn't figure out how to recruit and allocate scientists and engineers properly until maybe mid-game by which point I was nearly decimated! But I've really enjoyed learning what works and what doesn't. I'm probably about 3/4 way through - and if I survive I'll be real tempted to do another playthough utilizing all that I've learned previously.

I did actually buy war of the chosen too - after reading alot of steam reviews I decided that it (alone) was a must buy! Really looking forward to getting in!

... about ffxv, I've never actually played a final fantasy game before so I'm not sure what to expect. I'll wait for a deeper discount :)