WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 WladolfPutler
Member since 2022 • 256 Posts

Last sunday morning i came back with one hell of a hangover and while i still felt sick and somehow completely braindead in the afternoon, i decided to continue playing HITMAN III, after i haven´t touched the title for more than 6 months.

So well i clicked the .exe and successfully ended up in the game-menu, looking for which missions i haven´t yet completed on master difficulty, coz i thought those trophies/achievments/unlocks are way easier to get than for example those damn stupid "???"-achievements, where you have to do randomly useless and stupid things in order to get the unlock, things like...throwing the green-colored crowbar at the ceiling for no reason and then going into crouch-mode for another no-reason, or better yet...shooting that goddarn pixel up there approx. 98% of gamers never even notice if they don´t read walkthroughs.

But WTF?!? Where did my master-difficulty unlocks go? Were they even there? Am i a confused moron? I mean it´s not like they were locked again, it just seems they never existed in the first place. So obviously there never was any way of achieving any kind of trophy, achievement or unlock for completing a mission on master-difficulty. WTF?

So after scroll-searching through all kinds of achievement/trophy-lists for approx. half an hour, rather than actually playing the game, i decided to go to that one place, where obviously only the smartest internet-people go, that place where everyone is da shit and everyone knows...everything! The frontpage of the internet! REDDIT!

Now i was asking r/hitman where in da hell my unlocks went and if those fu**tards over at IOI probably grabbed something behind my back when they were doing their usual updates somewhere in the last few months...or if i was just drinking too much alcohol last night.

So being predictable as this godforsaken shitstain of a hive-mind-community, i knew what was was going to happen...and it happened!

My question was of course unworthy of the redditors acceptance coz first of all my post ain´t not delivering meme-content plus the over-intelligent redditor-hivemind probably feels more stupid than ever coz they are actually just a bunch of stupid bastards after all, not having any clue wtf i am talking about...so me and my dumbass question was instantly downvoted and cursed to fall into reddit-oblivion with the blink of an eye...

...except for one redditor, who had mercy upon my soul...and hopefully the brains to give me an at least halfway satisfying and acceptable answer to my hitman-3-crisis i was going through.

Did i mentioned redditors are predictable? Anyway, he told me i should check the leaderboards, there i can see which missions i´ve completed on master-difficulty! DUH!

WTF?

Dude...i´ve yet never ever checked any leaderboards in any game, simply because i don´t care how i am doing in comparison to others, but i do know i had completed several missions on master-difficulty and that i also had a visual (means i was actually seeing it, if it wasn´t a hallucination) the specific mastery unlocks on fu**ing master-difficulty, which must have been visible in the friggin "classics" tier-list, if i remember correctly, but then again i´ve probably gone completely braindead since of an alcohol over-toxification last night.

So time went by, but that whole thing still was like a goddarn itch i can´t scratch so i once again started another online-investigation for the things obviously haunting just me and no one else on this rotten planet.

And there it was! My salvation!

A tiny little thread in the steam-forums, from jannuary this year, with approx. five posts and people saying IOI was actually removing certain unlocks and so in fact removed all master-difficulty unlocks as well, while arguing as to how good or bad the master-difficulty really was and that the game is better without those master-difficulty-unlocks anyway and blah blah blah.

So looking back to those hours and hours i actually wasted with completing missions on master-difficulty with re-starting missions multiple times because master-difficulty only allows to save game for once, it was still a fun time, well probably completely point- and useless fun but fun nonetheless.

I am just being curious now as to what reason those dorks over at IOI may had for this awkward change? I mean...HITMAN III is more or less nothing but one big trophy/achievement/unlock hunt, rather than being a "regular" game with a "full" and "satisfying" single-player campaign, so it makes zero sense to completely withdraw the unlocks for completing missions on the harder difficulty, they could as well just remove master-difficulty now as well since who will be going through all that master-difficulty-crap when not getting any unlocks for it...in a game acutally being based on exactly such kind of unlocks!

Some users say that devs wanted to make the game "easier" for less advanced gamers, so that everyone has the chance to get to their achievements rather than being stuck on master-difficulty somewhere...while he probably just meant devs wanted to make it all right for casual gamers.

Yeah sure! Since casual gamers complete 100% in a game like HITMAN, with or without a harder difficulty level, or lets say...those who think master-difficulty is "too hard" are for sure NOT those who get 100% achievements to begin with.

If IOI wants to make the game "easier", they should rather remove those stupid "???"-unlocks coz i don´t have the time to run around for hours doing ramdomly stupid stuff just to realize it was the pink-colored hammer i had to throw through that one stupid window while wearing the clown costume. I also don´t feel for reading walkthroughs over and over again just to get that fu**ing stupid "???"-achievement.