chronoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 chronoboy
Member since 2005 • 448 Posts

I’m back after fourteen years away from games. I bought a switch Zelda is shit odyssey is shit. I bought a ps4 those games are mostly good. But in general I feel games are ridiculous and so “see-through”. Just wanna say hi it was weird logging back into gamespot.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9253 Posts

@chronoboy: Hello, we don't see many older accounts coming back after ten years, so. . that's pretty cool. I'm assuming this may be due to lock-down or Summer Games Fest?

Personally pretty excited to see more Baldur's Gate III next month.

Anyway, while I certainly didn't praise Odyssey and Breath of the Wild as much as most here. Not sure I would use the word "shit". They certainly went for a more streamlined approach that I personally didn't find very enjoyable. favoring sandbox design as well just isn't my preference. They reminded me a lot of Metal Gear Solid V.

Anyrate; can you elaborate why you feel that way about both games? It may give some good context on a forum dedicated to 'discussions' ツ

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#3 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 25132 Posts

Welcome back!

Zelda BotW is easily one of the greatest videogames ever made, but I do agree videogames feel a lot different than they used to. Heavily guided and streamlined, meant for mass consumption and very highly produced and very derivative from each other to avoid alienating the audience.