danyopizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 danyopizzle
Member since 2005 • 341 Posts

I have a hard time understanding why little minds think quick scoping is cool? So can I be hopefully intrigued and as to why this non-skilled "tactic" happens so much in games? Can you also help me understand how its not ruining FPS's?

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

It isn't.

TuuPumpChump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TuuPumpChump
Member since 2014 • 99 Posts

Cuz it's MLG pro bro. Mountain Dew and Doritos for life

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

360 no scope > quickscope

lol

even tho i didnt now qs is considered cool, its kind of habit for me idk, i look something i zoom than i shoot

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

@tuupumpchump said:

lol 2mlg4u

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
@tuupumpchump said:

The Dorito Pope approves of this comment.

http://www.abload.de/img/geoffdoritospope1x6rec.png

danyopizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 danyopizzle
Member since 2005 • 341 Posts

@crimsonbrute: lol!!! Nice wow so im not alone, seriously thought id lose hope for gamers

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#9 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

It's because there isnt much to the core shooting/movement mechanics within Modern Military Shooters due to their reliance on pseudo-authenticity.

So players need to find their own way to showcase/differentiate themselves with made up tricks.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

people think it's cool because it makes people who suck at fps think they are good. it's annoying... especially when you out snipe someone and they say something along the lines of "lol, you can't even quick scope"

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

Well it is quick and efficient.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

It's a technique that exploits the mechanics of a game to give you a measurable advantage. How much skill it requires and how much of an advantage it gives varies from game to game. So like any other skill that rewards with an advantage (i.e. burst firing high-recoil weapons), being skilled in it is a good thing, not bad.

As for cool, well, I'd say that has more to do with how difficult the technique is; which as stated before depends on the game. Quickscoping, from what I understand, is pretty easy to master.

In Team Fortress Classic there was a way of sniping called quicksniping which entailed getting headshots with uncharged shots. You see, snipers would have to charge their shots to increase their damage and get one shot kills, but charging would slow your movement to a crawl. So to be a mobile sniper, you'd have to get good at shooting uncharged headshots (no aim assist like in consoles) on moving targets while fighting your rifle's speed penalty each time you pulled the trigger. I thought people who could do that well were pretty cool, so I built a sniper map called "tf_quicksnipe" which encouraged quicksniping. I think it's still run on a few servers (one world on-line, i think).

As long as it requires skill, it'll be cool. And as long as the advantage gained isn't too high, it will not be looked down upon. Not sure how it is in Destiny.

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@elheber: the problem is that most "quickscopers" actually really really suck at it. The videos that get uploaded to YouTube are cherry picked or just mashed together from single lucky shots over a course of 150 games.

Watch a real video of 99% of the quickscopers out there and you'll see that it just turns into a battle of who gets lucky enough to hit the other one first.

The few people that are actually good at it. Props. But it's really only "cool" because of that YouTube clan Optik or whatever they are called.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 elheber

I just don't understand the hate. I haven't played Destiny but I played MW2 and MW3 profusely and I can agree with you that the vast majority of quickscopers (in that game at least) aren't great at it. But it's the fact that they didn't gain a significant advantage over me that made the fights fair. This means that to get to the place where someone is good at it, does require practice and skill, and I have met a few people like that.

The reason I don't understand the hate is because it never seemed overpowered to me. I'd understand the disgust if it was overpowered. I feel the dislike of quickscopers is just a counterculture for all the people that do like it, with little-to-no valid reason for the dislike.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

I don't even know HOW to quick scope. I read about it and I tried it just for fun one match and I was like how do they even do this..

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I've never understood how to do it personally.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I've always enjoyed hardscoping (Holding your breath when zoomed in to the scope) when it comes to sniping in video games.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By elheber

@behardy24: I know the how... I just never got good at doing it. I never needed to, though, since I almost never used sniper rifles. Console games have a ton of aim assist to help you put your crosshairs on opponents, though for obvious reasons it's either disabled or heavily nerfed when you use the scope. But despite the heavy aim assist, shooting unscoped is very inaccurate because your shot lands randomly instead of the exact center of the crosshair due to the hipfire penalty.

Quickscoping takes advantage of the heavy aim assist when unscoped to quickly land their aim on enemies, then scope-in to prevent the hipfire penalty, and finally quickly fire before the enemy moves too far from where the aim assist had pegged them.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

I haven't played many modern shooters, but I CAN'T STAND the quick-scoping that is done in counter strike go.

I think it just ruins the game.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#21 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@danyopizzle said:

I have a hard time understanding why little minds think quick scoping is cool? So can I be hopefully intrigued and as to why this non-skilled "tactic" happens so much in games? Can you also help me understand how its not ruining FPS's?

It is not because a hotfix removed it from Destiny.