Help me settle a GTA IV bet. (skill level)

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zuon
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

A friend bet me $100 my grandma wouldn't be skilled enough at video games to drive to a Cluck N' Bell in GTA IV and order a sandwich.

She accidentally hit a cop car on the way, blew up her car near the restaurant in her wanted phase, but was able to run on foot, all the way inside the Cluck N' Bell up to the cashier. However, there was no prompt to order as she was still in Wanted mode, and a cop arrested her at gunpoint before she had enough time to push A if there was a prompt, taking control away from her as Niko held his hands up.

The final decision on who won the bet depends on this... My grandma did make it all the way from the Center Island across the bridge to the Cluck N' Bell in Broker, but failed to order a sandwich before the cop arrested her. Is this failure due to her lack of skill, or a quirk with the game's design that had nothing to do with her?

Who won the $100? Me, or my friend?

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#2 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6104 Posts

You’re friend.

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Zuon
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

@brimmul777: Could you elaborate your reasoning, for my friend and I's understanding?

My main argument of why her failure isn't her fault boils down to this (excerpt from wiki page linked below)

"(When in a 1 Star Wanted Level,) The player is unable to buy any items (weapons, clothes, or food, except from vending machines and street vendors),"

I argue it's the game's fault as the game making it impossible to buy food when wanted is not my grandma's fault, and not outlined in the original bet.

https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Wanted_Level_in_GTA_IV

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#4  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1181 Posts

This is easy—No one owes anyone anything ($100).

Did your friend specifically say, “Your grandma has one chance to get to the cluckn bell and order a sandwhich?” If not after she got arrested she could try again from the police station, I would assume until she dies.

So no one owes each other anything. I wouldn’t pay unless your friend had said your grandma has one chance to get to cluckn, bell and order a sandwich.

Unless of course you are living GTA in real life (gang life) then being extorted by your friend may actually be a valid option. :D That is up to you.