Help me out! (NES SNES GENESIS)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 fadeetoblackk
Member since 2011 • 459 Posts
So here is the deal When i was younger I was foolish and did not take care of my games. Right now I am in the middle of trying to rebuild my childhood haha My girlfriend is going to buy me the Retron 3 which playes nes snes and genesis. I think that console is awesome because you can plug all the original controllers into it. Can you guys help me list all the gems split up on the consoles. What I want or already have includes NES - battletoads, smb 1 2 3, some nba game i dont remember, pinball, and theres too many to list jog my memory! SNES - donkey kong country, paperboy, mario all stars to start GENESIS- I never owned one as a kid but I purchased all 3 sonic and sonic spinball because those were games i have played I enjoyed And if anyone knows any good online stores that would help too!
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

A bit of advice, on multiplatform games, usually the SNES version is the superior version. However there are exceptions, like Mortal Kombat. Here's my personal favorites on each system:

NES:

• Adventure Island 1-3
  • Bionic Commando
  • Castlevania 1-3
  • Contra
  • Crystalis
  • Dig Dug
  • Duck Tales 1 & 2
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • LifeForce
  • Mario Bros. (Original)
  • Mega Man 1-6
  • Metroid
  • Ninja Gaiden 1-3
  • Super C
  • Super Mario Bros. 1-3
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1-3
  • Tetris
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

SNES:

• Actraiser
  • Aero Fighters
  • Castlevania: Dracula X
  • Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • Cool Spot (also on Genesis)
  • Darius Twin (also on Genesis)
  • The Death and Return of Superman (also on Genesis)
  • Donkey Kong Country 1-3
  • Final Fight 1-3
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Lethal Enforcers (also on Genesis)
  • Marvel Super-Heroes: War of the Gems
  • Maximum Carnage (Spider-Man) (also on Genesis)
  • Mega Man 7
  • Mega Man X 1-3
  • Raiden (also on Genesis)
  • Seperation Anxiety (Spider-Man) (also on Genesis)
  • Star Fox
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Mario All-Stars
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super R-Type
  • Super Street Figher II (also on Genesis)
  • X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse

Genesis:

• Altered Beast
  • Castlevania: Bloodlines
  • Columns
  • Comix Zone
  • Golden Axe 1 & 2
  • The Punisher
  • Revenge of Shinobi
  • Ristar
  • Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3
  • Sonic & Knuckles
  • Sonic 3D Blast
  • Space Harrier II
  • Streets of Rage 1-3
  • Strider
  • Vectorman 1 & 2
  • X-Men 2: The Clone Wars
TerragonSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 TerragonSix
Member since 2010 • 390 Posts

A bit of advice, on multiplatform games, usually the SNES version is the superior version. However there are exceptions, like Mortal Kombat. Here's my personal favorites on each system:

NES:

• Adventure Island 1-3
  • Bionic Commando
  • Castlevania 1-3
  • Contra
  • Crystalis
  • Dig Dug
  • Duck Tales 1 & 2
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • LifeForce
  • Mario Bros. (Original)
  • Mega Man 1-6
  • Metroid
  • Ninja Gaiden 1-3
  • Super C
  • Super Mario Bros. 1-3
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1-3
  • Tetris
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

SNES:

• Actraiser
  • Aero Fighters
  • Castlevania: Dracula X
  • Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • Cool Spot (also on Genesis)
  • Darius Twin (also on Genesis)
  • The Death and Return of Superman (also on Genesis)
  • Donkey Kong Country 1-3
  • Final Fight 1-3
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Lethal Enforcers (also on Genesis)
  • Maximum Carnage (Spider-Man) (also on Genesis)
  • Mega Man 7
  • Mega Man X 1-3
  • Raiden (also on Genesis)
  • Seperation Anxiety (Spider-Man) (also on Genesis)
  • Star Fox
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Mario All-Stars
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super R-Type
  • Super Street Figher II (also on Genesis)

Genesis:

• Altered Beast
  • Castlevania: Bloodlines
  • Columns
  • Comix Zone
  • Golden Axe 1 & 2
  • The Punisher
  • Revenge of Shinobi
  • Ristar
  • Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3
  • Sonic & Knuckles
  • Sonic 3D Blast
  • Space Harrier II
  • Streets of Rage 1-3
  • Strider
  • Vectorman 1 & 2

Emerald_Warrior

Don't forget these:

NES:

Rad Racer
Excitebike
'Tengen' Tetris
Micro Machines
Zelda II
Gyromite (If you have ROB or a second player)
Rush N Attack
Ghostbusters
RC Pro Am
Mickey Mouse's Magic Kingdom
Double Dragon 1-3
Ninja Gaiden

Also, if you have an HRT 'Tube' TV, play these 'Light Gun' Games, if you have the Zapper

Gotcha! The Sport
Wild Gunman
Hogan's Alley

SNES:

Final Fantasy III/VI
Tiny Toons: Buster Busts Loose
F-Zero
Chrono Trigger
Earthbound (good luck)

All I can think of for now...

Avatar image for Old_Schooler_Dan
Old_Schooler_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Old_Schooler_Dan
Member since 2006 • 436 Posts

Heh, heh, heh. The RetroN 3. I bought mine without the assistance of my girlfriend, and mine finally came in the mail yesterday. I have it still wrapped up in its box and packaging, and today I take it out, and hook it up. I am so stoked.

Good choice.

Emerald_Warrior did a bang-up job mentioning must-have titles, and the guy after him did a great job amending the RPGs he omitted from the SNES (guess he's not an RPG fan), but there are still a few awesome titles none of you have mentioned.

NES:

The Adventures of Lolo 1-3

Archon

Double Dragon II: The Revenge

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!

Shadowgate

SNES:

Super Bomberman 2

Super Double Dragon

Super Mario Kart

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

And Emerald Weapon's selection of Sega Genesis titles is unbeatable. Sure, there's still dozens of great games for each console, especially the Genesis, but as far as the essential ones go, his can't be beat, exceeeeept ...

Genesis:

Toejam & Earl

fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fadeetoblackk
Thanks so much you all made such good lists. This is literaly going to turn into my giant shopping list. I actually played and owned so many of these games and im so glad I made this post haha. Emeralrd - That is a really good nes line up im probally going to buy all of those besides the zelda titles. Dig dug is excellent! SNES wise there are actually a lot on there i have not played. One of my favorite would have to be X-men Mutant Apocalypse that game has so much replay value. I have only beaten it a few times haha. And with the genesis games you posted all of those are new to me besides the sonic series. I have heard great things about vectorman so that will probally be the first new old game i pick up =D
fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fadeetoblackk
Terragon that was a great addition, I have never even heard of all of those light gun games. I am so going to check that **** out. Do you think the lightgun will work fine with the retron 3?
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
dont forget SimCity on SNES, its a classic!
fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fadeetoblackk
Yeah dan the retron seems to be a beautiful thing. I do not want to dish out loads of cash on the actual console and with this at least I get to use the original controller. Im not picky so to me it gives the same feel. Im actually not a rpg guy myself. I apreciate and enjoy watching zelda, but i never want to be the one playing haha. Im happy to hear that the retron is a good choice, it seemed to be the least junkie and the best value compared to all of the competitors. I know a game that knowbody mentioned and it must be the best multiplayer game of all time Dose anyone remeber GOOF TROOP???
fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fadeetoblackk
I have actually never tried sim city but it always looked interesting
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#10 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I have actually never tried sim city but it always looked interestingfadeetoblackk
I think its one of the better versions of SimCity around. Its not overly complicated or anything and the helper explains everything in a fun and interesting way.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="fadeetoblackk"]I have actually never tried sim city but it always looked interestingAllicrombie
I think its one of the better versions of SimCity around. Its not overly complicated or anything and the helper explains everything in a fun and interesting way.

I completely agree. I can't believe I forgot Sim City, it's in my collection.

TerragonSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TerragonSix

Terragon that was a great addition, I have never even heard of all of those light gun games. I am so going to check that **** out. Do you think the lightgun will work fine with the retron 3?fadeetoblackk

It should. The main problem with the light gun is you have to have a HRT 'Tube' TV. It won't work on Plasma or LCD TV, and 'Flat' Tube TV's it only seems to work half the time. I would get a 24-32" Tube TV to play the light gun games.

Probably the best out of those series is either Gotcha or Hogan's Alley.

Incidentally, Sim City is a great game. Nothing too dramatic, and fairly easy to figure out.

Probably the best version I've played is Sim City 2000. After that it got way too complicated for me, lol.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 silent_bomber
Member since 2009 • 767 Posts

A bit of advice, on multiplatform games, usually the SNES version is the superior version.Emerald_Warrior

No, and i'm sure I've brought this up here before, I've personally tested over 50 multiformat games on the two systems, its pretty much equal between the two, sometimes SNES wins, sometimes Genesis wins. The rule to follow is generally whatever the native console is, that version will be better.

amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 amari24
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

Emerald pretty much listed all the games I had in mind.Three games I would go for on the SNES are Earth Worm Jim,Demon's Crest, andan arcade style game called Wild Guns.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]A bit of advice, on multiplatform games, usually the SNES version is the superior version.Domino_slayer

No, and i'm sure I've brought this up here before, I've personally tested over 50 multiformat games on the two systems, its pretty much equal between the two, sometimes SNES wins, sometimes Genesis wins. The rule to follow is generally whatever the native console is, that version will be better.

Not playing favorites or anything here. I like both. But the fact is that SNES had the better hardware, both graphically and soundwise. So often the better looking and sounding game is on the Genesis. But like I said in the sentence right after the one you quoted, there are exceptions. A good margin of the exceptions had to do with Nintendo's ridiculous censoring policy at the time.

amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 amari24
[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="Domino_slayer"]

A bit of advice, on multiplatform games, usually the SNES version is the superior version.Emerald_Warrior

Not playing favorites or anything here. I like both. But the fact is that SNES had the better hardware, both graphically and soundwise. So often the better looking and sounding game is on the Genesis. But like I said in the sentence right after the one you quoted, there are exceptions. A good margin of the exceptions had to do with Nintendo's ridiculous censoring policy at the time.

I honestly believe the TurboGrafx-16 is superior to both of them, especially in sound quality. Unfortunately it didn't receive the same support as those two systems.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Emerald_Warrior

Maybe the TG-CD, I don't have one of those. But I do have the TG-16 itself, that plays the Hu-Card games. And it really isn't as good as either Genesis or SNES. However it definetly has better graphics than NES.

amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 amari24

Maybe the TG-CD, I don't have one of those. But I do have the TG-16 itself, that plays the Hu-Card games. And it really isn't as good as either Genesis or SNES. However it definetly has better graphics than NES.

Emerald_Warrior
Good point, If not TG16 then maybe the Neo-Geo. Also you should get a TGCD, it's expensive, but has some really great games worth getting. The Master System had better graphics than the NES as well. You can easily tell by comparing games such as Shinobi on both consoles. It's a shame that all these systems had poor marketing.
fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fadeetoblackk
okay yeah i deff have a tube tv that would work. im so pumped! about the mini console debate, that is really interesting stuff. I unfortunatly only had what my dad bought me I was about five when i started playing nintendo ahah. In the future I might want to pick up some of these systems you guys are talking about, are they rare?
fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fadeetoblackk
I have heard of the neo - geo but i have never heard of the TG concolses. Im a noob=(
silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 silent_bomber

Not playing favorites or anything here. I like both. But the fact is that SNES had the better hardware, both graphically and soundwise.Emerald_Warrior
No, this logic doesn't work because -

Firstly, if a game is designed for Genesis then more often than not when it comes to being ported to SNES its not going to have anything new added to it that takes advantage of the SNES' specific features anyway, and the sound chip will make no difference at all because it'll be effectively being used to make music which sounds like native Yamaha YM2612 FM music, meaning all you'll have is slightly lower quality Mega Drive samples being used (the YM2612 is better at making YM2612 music than the SNES sound chip is).

Secondly, the fact is the SNES hardware is not better in all ways, its processor is slower, and its native resolution is lower, not to mention that generally there's just a lot of differences between the way the two systems work (like the way SNES updates the Vram) which lead to different programming methods and tricks between the two systems. At the end of the day the Genesis is going to be better than SNES for any game which requires constant calculations (such as Sports and strategy games) simply because of the CPU.

SNES -> Genesis ports

Genesis version will have worse graphics, tending to have fewer colours, with a much granier look, there'll be more dithering, the sound will be worse.

Genesis -> SNES ports

SNES version will be lower resolution, the graphics will be horizontally warped (due to the change in resolution), the game will run slower, the sound will be similar to genesis but muffled due to sampling, sound effects will be cut (not sure why that is, but it pretty much always happens).

Amiga -> SNES/Genesis

Mixed results, you often find the Genesis game playing more accurately, but the SNES will sound better, I think the Amiga and Genesis has similarities which made them slightly easier to port between.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Emerald_Warrior

We're just playing different games, I guess then. Because in my experience, the SNES games are usually better than their Genesis counterparts. I don't have a bunch of stats or anything to throw out, I'm just going by my personal experience. Some of the games that I've played on both that's makes me think of this are: Maximum Carnage, Death & Return of Superman, Cool Spot, Justice League: Task Force, Raiden, TMNT IV (aka TMNT: Hyperstone Heist), Street Fighter II (has more to do with the controller for me, I think).

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 silent_bomber

We're just playing different games, I guess then. Because in my experience, the SNES games are usually better than their Genesis counterparts. I don't have a bunch of stats or anything to throw out, I'm just going by my personal experience. Some of the games that I've played on both that's makes me think of this are: Maximum Carnage, Death & Return of Superman, Cool Spot, Justice League: Task Force, Raiden, TMNT IV (aka TMNT: Hyperstone Heist), Street Fighter II (has more to do with the controller for me, I think).

Emerald_Warrior

To be fair out of the games i've played of that list I would probably agree with you that the SNES versions were better, except Cool Spot,

I know Cool Spot back to front and backwards, the only thing that the SNES version is better at is the graphics for a few stages, and while the SNES version is arguably better graphically, even overall the graphics between the two are fairly competitive. Whilst a few of the sections have had some new objects, improved colour, and transparencies, SNES Cool Spot is lower resolution, bordered, and has downgraded background effects (things like the bobbing boat are much smaller), some animation frames have also been cut, and the shadows and shading on some of the stages is worse. Gameplay wise though I'd say the SNES version is simply worse in all aspects, everything in the game is noticeably slower, and the low resolution warping (causing the graphics to be zoomed in) makes some sections where you could previously see the platform you needed to jump to, into leaps of faith as the platform is now off screen on SNES, I'm also pretty sure that when you die on the SNES version all the enemies come back! on Genesis they stay dead, if you die you can just rush through the stage back to where you were, in regards to sound I noticed that a bunch of sound effects, and one music track were also missing in the SNES version.

------------------------------------------------

Although actually, after looking at the list again I seem to recall hearing many times that SNES Raiden was the worst version of Raiden ever made, I can't say myself, as I haven't compared the games, but I just checked the Raiden special in my Retrogamer magazine compendium and they definitely seem to share those sentiments

quote -

"We'd need half the feature to list everything that's wrong with SNES Raiden - for example, almost every stage has had whole chunks crudely hacked out of it, culminating in the pale imitation of stage 6, which is nearly all missing"

and

"The butchered levels and absurdly easy difficulty level means the SNES version in over in barely half the time of the PC-Engine, and Mega Drive versions"

TerragonSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TerragonSix

Yeah, I'm such a slacker; I never heard of the TG16 until two years ago, lol. It just wasn't as common.

Now, as a kid, I remember the 3DO, the Jaguar, and even the Virtual Boy being advertised. But the TG16? It didn't show up on TV.

I can remember the Sega Saturn commercials, I can even seem to recall a NeoGeo (maybe one)

If gamers don't know about it (back then, no internet), how are we supposed to play it? ;)

amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 amari24
okay yeah i deff have a tube tv that would work. im so pumped! about the mini console debate, that is really interesting stuff. I unfortunatly only had what my dad bought me I was about five when i started playing nintendo ahah. In the future I might want to pick up some of these systems you guys are talking about, are they rare?fadeetoblackk
The Neo-Geo is far more expensive than the TG16. Actually some Neo Geo games such as Metal Slug can run up to $300. So yes, both systems are rare, TG16 you can find for around $70-$80, and the games aren't really that expensive. $5-$20 dollar range, depending on the game.
amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 amari24
[QUOTE="TerragonSix"]

Yeah, I'm such a slacker; I never heard of the TG16 until two years ago, lol. It just wasn't as common.

Now, as a kid, I remember the 3DO, the Jaguar, and even the Virtual Boy being advertised. But the TG16? It didn't show up on TV.

I can remember the Sega Saturn commercials, I can even seem to recall a NeoGeo (maybe one)

If gamers don't know about it (back then, no internet), how are we supposed to play it? ;)

Lol don't feel bad. All those systems had the same problem, they were marketed so poorly that no one really noticed them. If you do remeber those systems, you're a rare species.
TerragonSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TerragonSix

if all of the games on those systems are that expensive it looks like its the emulators for me!! oh so for another topic, do you guys think it should be okay to emulate old lost games since there is no way to purchase them? I feel perfectly fine downloading some nes games but I do feel wierd stealing something like gamecube. Isnt it legal after a certain amount of time??fadeetoblackk

Fadetoblack,

According to forum rules, we are not allowed to discuss Emulation, ROM's, or anything of that nature. Just to give you a heads-up, it's a banable offense. Sorry.

fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fadeetoblackk
oh woops. thanks for the heads up.
Seiki_sands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 Seiki_sands
Member since 2003 • 1973 Posts

If I could make a collection from scratch of 60 games with 20 from each console, it would be as follows

NES 20 US games in no particular order

1. The Legend of Zelda
2. Super Mario Bros. 3
3. Dragon Warrior IV
4. Dragon Warrior III
5. Crystalis
6. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
7. Mega Man 2
8. Contra
9. Metroid
10. Ninja Gaiden 2
11. StarTropics
12. Super Mario Bros.
13. Super Mario Bros. 2
14. Final Fantasy
15. Life Force
16. Castlevania III
17. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III
18. Duck Tales
19. Battletoads
20. River City Ransom

SNES 20 US games in no particular order

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Final Fantasy III
3. Secret of Mana
4. Final Fantasy II
5. Super Metroid
6. Super Mario World
7. Yoshi's Island
8. Donkey Kong Country 2
9. Contra III
10. Super Mario RPG
12. Super Street Fighter II
13. Super Ghouls N Ghosts
14. Super Castlevania IV
15. Lufia II
16. Actraiser
17. Earthbound
18. A Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
19. Super Mario Kart
20. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV

Genesis 20 US games in no particular order

1. Gunstar Heroes
2. Phantasy Star IV
3. Strider
4. Shining Force I
5. Shining Force II
6. Landstalker
7. Shinobi III
8. Sonic 3 & Knuckles
9. Streets of Rage 3
10. Thunder Force III
11. Phantasy Star II
12. Vectorman
13. Comix Zone
14. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
15. Flashback
16. Earthworm Jim
17. Golden Axe
18. Rocket Knight Adventures
19. World of Illusion
20. Dynamite Headdy

fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fadeetoblackk
thanks man. that is a excellent list. I am going to have my work cut out for me. I really want to try that earthworm jm game. I was first introduced to him in clay fighter 64 when I was younger I did not realize he had his own game for a while. Speaking of clay fighter that game was so much fun haha
fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fadeetoblackk
Bump 4 more postzzzzzzz =D There has been a lot discussed but how about we narrow it down to top five. and try to list games that are not well known. Everyone wants to play mario and sonic, now im interested in what I missed!
amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 amari24
Bump 4 more postzzzzzzz =D There has been a lot discussed but how about we narrow it down to top five. and try to list games that are not well known. Everyone wants to play mario and sonic, now im interested in what I missed!fadeetoblackk
A lot of people have been mentioning Shinobi III, but how about Revenge of Shinobi? (Shinobi II) I enjoyed it more than Shinobi III actually. Also Shadow Dancer is another you'd want to check out, it's basically Shinobi IV in a way.
fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fadeetoblackk

okay awesome. I do not know anything about those games but I am going to look into it.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Emerald_Warrior

Bump 4 more postzzzzzzz =D There has been a lot discussed but how about we narrow it down to top five. and try to list games that are not well known. Everyone wants to play mario and sonic, now im interested in what I missed!fadeetoblackk

Okay, but it's hard not to think of games like Sonic, Zelda, Mario, Street Fighter, Mega Man, and Metroid. They're well known because they're good:

NES:

• Bionic Commando
  • The Battle of Olympus
  • Crystalis
  • Contra
  • Duck Tales

SNES:

• Actraiser
  • Aero Fighters
  • Raiden

Genesis:

• Cool Spot
  • Golden Axe 1 & 2
  • The Punisher
  • Vectorman 1 & 2
fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fadeetoblackk

xmen mutant apocolypse that is a great addition! that is one of my favorite games of all time. Im so happy it has been mentioned haha.

superdum2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 superdum2
Member since 2009 • 1558 Posts

watch out when you get the retron3 test all of the slots because its very common that they may be doa

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

I think it depends on what type of exclusives you like better? You like Sonic games or Mario games? I would do some research and see what each library of games has to offer then go with the favored one. I prefer the Genesis just because that is what I grew up playing, and those games appealed to me more. I do still like the Marios,Zeldas, and Metroids that were only available on a Nintendo console, its just my preferences. Heck, you get the Genesis and maybe the 32X, grab a copy of Mortal Kombat 2 for the 32X, which is considered one of the best Mortal Kombats around! If your into fighting games that is.

Seiki_sands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Seiki_sands
Member since 2003 • 1973 Posts

Five not as well known, good games for each system (Also, none are in my lists of 20 for each system):

Genesis:

1. Warsong
2. Crusaders of Centy
3. Ranger X
4. Marvel Land
5. Starflight

SNES:

1. Soul Blazer
2. Sunset Riders
3. The Twisted Tales of Spike McFang
4. Skyblazer
5. Wild Guns

NES

1. Zoda's Revenge
2. Gargoyle's Quest II
3. Little Samson
4. Destiny of an Emperor
5. The Guardian Legend

Cegaiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Cegaiga
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts

Add mercs to the games to play on the Genesis. It is a great game, and pretty fun and addicting :)

Micro Machines 2 is pretty good as well, recommended that highly.

Cosm0_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cosm0_
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
For SNES: U.N. Squadron Secret of Evermore
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
Some favorites I didn't see mentioned: NES: Blaster Master Double Dribble (might be the NBA game you don't remember) Ice Hockey Kings of the Beach Track & Field 2 SNES: Earthworm Jim 2 (also on Genesis) Final Fight Guy (basically the same as the first game but you get to use Guy instead of Cody) Killer Instinct Knights of the Round NBA JAM T.E. (also on Genesis) Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (while can be very expensive does include all 3 NES games on a single cartridge) Rock & Roll Racing (also on Genesis) Sunset Riders (also on Genesis but much more arcade-accurate on SNES) Super Pinball: Behind the Mask Top Gear/Top Gear 2 Genesis: Castlevania Bloodlines Columns III Contra: Hard Corps Road Rash 1-3 Sega 6-Pak (includes Columns, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Super Hang-On and Revenge of Shinobi) TMNT Hyperstone Heist was mentioned, but I thought I'd say that it's like a mix of several different TMNT games - still worth playing.
fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 fadeetoblackk

@superdum Oh okay I will def check that thanks. Whats doa mean?

fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 fadeetoblackk
Some favorites I didn't see mentioned: NES: Blaster Master Double Dribble (might be the NBA game you don't remember) Ice Hockey Kings of the Beach Track & Field 2 SNES: Earthworm Jim 2 (also on Genesis) Final Fight Guy (basically the same as the first game but you get to use Guy instead of Cody) Killer Instinct Knights of the Round NBA JAM T.E. (also on Genesis) Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (while can be very expensive does include all 3 NES games on a single cartridge) Rock & Roll Racing (also on Genesis) Sunset Riders (also on Genesis but much more arcade-accurate on SNES) Super Pinball: Behind the Mask Top Gear/Top Gear 2 Genesis: Castlevania Bloodlines Columns III Contra: Hard Corps Road Rash 1-3 Sega 6-Pak (includes Columns, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Super Hang-On and Revenge of Shinobi) TMNT Hyperstone Heist was mentioned, but I thought I'd say that it's like a mix of several different TMNT games - still worth playing.Stinger78
DOUBLE DRIBBLE IS THE GAME I WAS THINKING OF! Thank you so much haha. Made my day. I literaly want all these games. This is going to take a long time. So far I have purchased Super Mario 3 Battle Toads Mario Bros/ Duck Hunt Double Dribble Sonic 1 2 3 Next one I am waiting to bid on is Goof Troop for snes which is the best coop game of all time =D I also always look at lots of games but the price always gets to high when it is full of games I want.