HELP! I need YOU to answer my Questionnaire! Its for a graded school project!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SophieGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 SophieGM
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

Hi there!

I'm an Australian high school student who is going through my final year of school. As part of one of my subjects, I am to conduct a research project (or personal interest project). Part of my project requires me to submit a questionnaire to the wider community, and I need you assistance in giving me answers!

I've chosen for my personal interest project (or PIP) that I will work on through out the entire year, to be about video games. Specifically; The Over-Sexualisation of characters in Video Games.

Here's the link to my Questionnaire:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...sJMPzN2uzYg_WCS2zw4wh9zQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

If you have a couple free minutes, I would greatly appreciate any answers you would like to give! It would really help me out. All information received will remain anonymous and answers might be features in my PIP!

If you could share it with some of your gaming/non-gaming friends that might be interested that would be great too!!

Thank you!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d72e1ebbb851
deactivated-5d72e1ebbb851

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By deactivated-5d72e1ebbb851
Member since 2018 • 13 Posts

Good to see people having this conversation. You should let us know how the project went for you when it's all finished up.

raburgeson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By raburgeson
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

You are baiting people. I think the games are just fine. I think this whole thing is drummed up so heir doctor can get research money. I don't play Hentai games. I don't see a problem. I'm retirement age and play RPGs and as long as my character has a lot of kill power it can look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Matter of fact I put in Elder Scroll 3 again and my character at the moment looks worse than that because he has a disease that can not be avoided and can only be cured in one place. Look worse than a greater bone lord but my stats going right out the roof. So, when you leave no option and someone has to select one or both sexes as over sexual then you are baiting and you will get no answers from me.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Not a good survey: looks to me like you chose to cherry pick most of the franchises that happen to sexualize women in order to prove a point.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#6 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@sophiegm:

As an artist, I believe that there should be no filter as to what can or can't be shown. Because then that would obstruct the developer's vision and would make them too afraid to leave what they would consider safety concepts. This in turn could lead to more bland and unimaginative ideas and the industry would be flooded with copycats and boring titles. Whatever one may think of the concept of nudity, the human body is a part of beauty and should never be shamed.

freitemasasaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freitemasasaa
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

31dadada

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

@Black_Knight_00 said:

Not a good survey: looks to me like you chose to cherry pick most of the franchises that happen to sexualize women in order to prove a point.

this

@freitemasasaa said:

31dadada

this too