Having trouble deciding which version of GTA V to get :/

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Spincut
Member since 2004 • 4203 Posts

I mean, I played a bulk of GTA's on the Playstation, but I got GTA IV on the 360 and was happy with that. This time I'm around I'm not sure what to do, but I kind of want the special edition so I kind of want to preorder it while the gettin' is hot. And then there's a friend of mine who wants to hold out for PC because of that mod thing they have to enhance the graphics.

So I'm not sure what to do (didn't want to put this in the system wars area because I wanted to have a reasonable discussion about it).

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

Go where your friends are. 

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1562 Posts
a pc version probably isn't going to be out for over a year as the pc hasn't gotten a port of red dead redemption yet
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Looks like the console versions will be a slideshow.

I'd hold out a few months and see if we have any prospects for a PC version.

I might buckle and get it for PS3 if we don't have a PC version in a few months, but Rockstar games are so impressive with their technology that I want to wait and see if I can run it on something a bit stronger than a toaster.

Big_Red_Button

Jesus Christ not this sh*t...

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

a pc version probably isn't going to be out for over a year as the pc hasn't gotten a port of red dead redemption yet locus-solus

Red Dead Redemption has nothing to do with Grand Theft Auto over a year is a huge stretch. Be realistic

Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 Spincut
Member since 2004 • 4203 Posts

Hmmm, maybe best to not make this "conoles vs. PC", ok? But, I guess waiting on the PC seems bit pointless to me, cool mod or no.

But yeah, as far as whether to get it for PS3 or 360...still kind of stumped :/ .

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

They have not given any indication that one version will be different than the other, just get it on the system you play most or will be able to play online with people you know.

mrhatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mrhatz
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Just get the version that you have friends playing on but I'm personally gonna wait and see if a pc version is going to be released.
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

GTA V PS3 Version

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
I got the PS3 bundle. I didn't have a PS3 prior to it (or a 360 for that matter), so I decided to go for the bundle. I'll get it on my gaming PC after the 5-7 months Rockstar usually waits to release it on the platform. Can't wait for it though, this game's going to be sweet.
locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1562 Posts

[QUOTE="locus-solus"]a pc version probably isn't going to be out for over a year as the pc hasn't gotten a port of red dead redemption yet Masenkoe

Red Dead Redemption has nothing to do with Grand Theft Auto over a year is a huge stretch. Be realistic

Rockstar has a history of waiting a freakishly long time before releasing their games on the pc and in red dead redemption case not at all i think i am being realistic that its "probably" is going to be over a year
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm getting the 360 version.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

[QUOTE="Big_Red_Button"]

Looks like the console versions will be a slideshow.

I'd hold out a few months and see if we have any prospects for a PC version.

I might buckle and get it for PS3 if we don't have a PC version in a few months, but Rockstar games are so impressive with their technology that I want to wait and see if I can run it on something a bit stronger than a toaster.

Vari3ty

Jesus Christ not this sh*t...

lol i know right. keep that PC master race crap in system wars man i cant stand that shit
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17698 Posts
I'm getting it for the PS3, because my 360 is literally almost as loud as a hair dryer when I play a game.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Both versions, I'm sure, will be practically identical.  Get the version who's system you're most comfortable with.   I personally will be getting it on PS3 since my LIVE subscription ended, and all my friends are on PSN anyway. 

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Hmmm, maybe best to not make this "conoles vs. PC", ok? But, I guess waiting on the PC seems bit pointless to me, cool mod or no.

But yeah, as far as whether to get it for PS3 or 360...still kind of stumped :/ .

Spincut

Do you have a subscription to Xbox Gold? If not the choice should be simple. If yes, then choose your favorite controller.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9902 Posts

I mean, I played a bulk of GTA's on the Playstation, but I got GTA IV on the 360 and was happy with that. This time I'm around I'm not sure what to do, but I kind of want the special edition so I kind of want to preorder it while the gettin' is hot. And then there's a friend of mine who wants to hold out for PC because of that mod thing they have to enhance the graphics.

So I'm not sure what to do (didn't want to put this in the system wars area because I wanted to have a reasonable discussion about it).

Spincut
That sig is awesome :lol:. I think GTA online sounds cool, so if you have friends on one system I would def go for that. If it's just for SP I guess X360 will be slightly better based on (as far as I understand) GTA4 and RDR were better on X360. Personally I will wait for the PC version, because I allready have more games to play than time to complete them.
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

The 360 version... then join my crew: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/green_lantern_corps

;-)

But honestly... the one with your friends on it... if you're going to play online.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17884 Posts
would it still be possible to pre-order at this stage? anywho if you dont plan to get it day one then wait for reviews and technical analysis of each version just to make sure one of them isnt a broken mess (fingers crossed its not a skyrim on the PS3 repeat). if you are getting it day one and plan to pre-order then there will be an element of risk. assuming they are both fine: if online is a big deal for you then go with the one your mates are going with. if online is not a big deal then check if any version has extra exclusive content.
slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

[QUOTE="locus-solus"]a pc version probably isn't going to be out for over a year as the pc hasn't gotten a port of red dead redemption yet locus-solus

Rockstar has a history of waiting a freakishly long time before releasing their games on the pc and in red dead redemption case not at all i think i am being realistic that its "probably" is going to be over a year

Locus, dont tell me you're holding out for starcraft2 on console because blizzard released diablo games on consoles aswell.

TaciturnBengal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TaciturnBengal
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I am getting GTA V on my PS3.