Have you ever searched around your room and...?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts

...found a game that you forgot you had?!

this happened to me today. I haven't seen this game for possibly over 10 years and I completely forgot that I even had it! that game would be Ridge Racer Revolution (and a few PS1demos!). It's not exactly the best game, but it's still awesome when you find stuff you forgot you had!

The only downside is, I used to have a proper PS1 case with it, and I don't now, it was just the disc. I tried it though and it works fine (besides the occasional freezing of music tracks on the main menu, for some reason, but that's the only problem). I just need to get a cover for it, as I have a backup case :).

Anybody else ever had something like this happen to them? :)

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#2 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

kind of, I found a disc of battle arena toshinden in one of the drawers .

only problem was it wasn't mine :P , I already had a copy of the game, and Im pretty sure a friend left it here years ago and we both forgot about it.

other than that, nope, I tend to have a very good long term memory so I usually remember where each game is.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ashley_wwe

only problem was it wasn't mine :P , I already had a copy of the game, and Im pretty sure a friend left it here years ago and we both forgot about it.

other than that, nope, I tend to have a very good long term memory so I usually remember where each game is.

Darkman2007

Heh, nice :P. What did you do with the game?

I forgot to add - my copy of WCW Mayhem disappeared a few years back for the PS1. I have searched and searched and I can't find it. These two instances (finding this game, and losing another) is the only time anything like this has ever happened, as I take good care of my games. I bet it's laughing at me somewhere in my room, after it sealed itself flat under the floorboards or something :P.

I am tempted to just re-buy it off of eBay, but I bet if I do that I will find my normal one without even trying... LOL. If I find that game, I will be happy and will immediatelygoon it:P. I wonder where it went as I never leave any of my PS1 games apart from each other, I really do wonder!

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

Ashley_wwe

Heh, nice :P. What did you do with the game?

I forgot to add - my copy of WCW Mayhem disappeared a few years back for the PS1. I have searched and searched and I can't find it. These two instances (finding this game, and losing another) is the only time anything like this has ever happened, as I take good care of my games. I bet it's laughing at me somewhere in my room, after it sealed itself flat under the floorboards or something :P.

I am tempted to just re-buy it off of eBay, but I bet if I do that I will find my normal one without even trying... LOL. If I find that game, I will be happy and will immediatelygoon it:P. I wonder where it went as I never leave any of my PS1 games apart from each other, I really do wonder!

well its Toshinden, so Im not playing, it, and its Toshinden ,so hes forgotten about it/doesn't want it :P actually Im giving Toshinden too much of a hard time , its not that bad. the best way not to lose games, is to keep them all in the same place, which I try to do , though some games I simply have no room for.
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ashley_wwe
I've never played Toshinden :P. I do keep all my games in the same place :). Well, quite a lot of Xbox 360 games are in my brothers room, but my room is small, and most of mine are in the cupboard (all PS1 and PS2 games and a lot of 360 games). Then there are quite a lot scattered around in piles under my bed/on a box near my bed :P. I would love to be able to put them all in to one MASSIVE pile... well, a few piles, relating to the specific consoles. That would look awesome haha :P.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Ashley_wwe"]I've never played Toshinden :P. I do keep all my games in the same place :). Well, quite a lot of Xbox 360 games are in my brothers room, but my room is small, and most of mine are in the cupboard (all PS1 and PS2 games and a lot of 360 games). Then there are quite a lot scattered around in piles under my bed/on a box near my bed :P. I would love to be able to put them all in to one MASSIVE pile... well, a few piles, relating to the specific consoles. That would look awesome haha :P.

I keep all my games in a set of drawers, generally speaking each drawer is for a seperate console though its not uniform (my Saturn collection takes up 2 drawers, the nintendo stuff shares one big drawer, etc) and if you haven't played Toshinden youre not missing much , its a launch PS1 game that looked great but played like youre underwater somewhat, its not that bad but frankly even Tekken 1 (which I find to be mediocre) is a better game in most ways except visuals.
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ashley_wwe
That is an interesting idea about the drawers. I should do that, to be honest :). It would make my games a lot easier to get to and it would be a lot easier to find them. Heck, I might even do them A-Z from back left to front right so it's even EASIER to find them. I should do this at some point :). I do remember hearing about that game, actually. Never really interested me that much, to be honest. Oh, and on a random note - I made a thread about a year ago if I remember correctly, wondering what this random game was called that I had forgotten... and as of today, I know. It's Pax Corpus, a PS1 game. :)
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Ashley_wwe"]That is an interesting idea about the drawers. I should do that, to be honest :). It would make my games a lot easier to get to and it would be a lot easier to find them. Heck, I might even do them A-Z from back left to front right so it's even EASIER to find them. I should do this at some point :). I do remember hearing about that game, actually. Never really interested me that much, to be honest. Oh, and on a random note - I made a thread about a year ago if I remember correctly, wondering what this random game was called that I had forgotten... and as of today, I know. It's Pax Corpus, a PS1 game. :)

well if I would recommend a PS1 fighitng game I would recommend Dead Or Alive (Saturn version is better, but PS1 version is good enough), or even Soul Blade, Tekken 3 is also good though I would avoid Tekken 2 and 1, Toshinden and its sequels are genrally to be avoided. I don't know if the A-Z idea is good, sounds like overkill to me, but the drawer idea is valid, heck I find it to be better than leaving them onf a shelf or something like that.
Branmuffin316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Branmuffin316
Member since 2009 • 1208 Posts

The reverse happened to me the other day. I was looking for Megaman X7 (granted it's not that great of a game but I liked it) and I couldn't find it. About a half an hour later I remembered I sold it like five years ago.

M3tr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

#10 M3tr4nk0
Member since 2008 • 889 Posts

Yeah, I recently found my old Battle Chess floppy disk, which, surprisingly, still works.:P

Roweanos313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Roweanos313
Member since 2009 • 593 Posts

well i found a music cd i made when i was 5, if this counts... i had some pretty good taste when i was 5, some god smack, chili peppers, saliva.. etc

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Occasionaly I'll find an old Gameboy game that I played years ago... It's always pretty cool.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

The reverse happened to me the other day. I was looking for Megaman X7 (granted it's not that great of a game but I liked it) and I couldn't find it. About a half an hour later I remembered I sold it like five years ago.

Branmuffin316

haha this happened to me once too with Lunar 2. I sold it with the first on Ebay back in 2006, and a few years later I really wanted to play it, but couldn't find it. I then realzed the sad truth that a didn't have it anymore. All well, I have since re-bought the first and I'm sure it is only a matter of time (and money) that I'll end up getting the second again :p

SeraphicNomad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SeraphicNomad
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts

I was looking for an old PS1 game a while back called "Tenchu Stealth Assassins" I had a blast playing that, wish they would remake it. Anyway called my girlfriend and asked her if she still had my box of PS1 stuff console, games, etc. She said she could not find it anywhere...I was like man what a bummer =( had some classics.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Yup :) Found an old game called Blood Will Tell a couple of years back. One of my friends gave me the game saying it had a great story. Pretty interesting game but sadly, I got stuck in one part and never played it since :(

Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 Nismology
Member since 2009 • 649 Posts
that game would be Ridge Racer RevolutionAshley_wwe
Lol, I traded that game in today! Along with Nascar 2000, Rayman 2 and NFS2. On the plus side I got Panzer Dragoon, Project Gotham Racing 2 and Destruction Derby 64 in return :) I found my copy of Wario Land on Gameboy in the depths of a drawer the other day. I had begun to think I'd left it in my Uni room when I cleared it out.
everlong12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#18 everlong12
Member since 2008 • 648 Posts

I have the story of all lost game stories. So my very first game that I bought was Gauntlet from Tengen on my NES. I loved that game, even though I know now that I never got past world 1 lol. Anyway, I had a habit when I was younger of putting my games on couches and chairs I was sitting on. One day I left Gauntlet on my father recliner. When I came home to play it the recliner was gone. My parents sold it to someone out of town for their cabin.

I was upset at my parents to put it nicely.

Fast forward 16 years later. Me and my girlfriend's brother are looking at old games at Game Crazy. I see a black angle game, just like Gauntlet. I hesitated for a second, I thought it might be another copy of RBI Baseball. Now when I first starting getting games I made a habit of carving my initials in the right notch at teh bottom of my games.

To my suprise, I picked up the game and there in the notch was carved "MAS". I had found my lost game.

I know it doesn't go exactly with the topic since it wasn't in my room but I wanted to share with everyone.

planetjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 planetjumper
Member since 2010 • 638 Posts

no, but i didnt realize i had double copies of some games, 2 vice city's on pc, 2 gta3's on ps2 and i think 3 mgs3's, I guess i forgot i owned games like kinetica, klonoa 2, and winback for ps2

Avatar image for UprootedDreamer
UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 UprootedDreamer
Member since 2011 • 2036 Posts
I have never had that happen to me, I keep all of my games well organized.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Yep, a while back I found Grandia Extreme. I thought for sure I had sold that game.
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ashley_wwe

It's okay, I have played all Tekken 1, 2 and 3 :). Well, at least I think the original? anyway, Tekken 2 felt slower and more clunky, but it was still fun. I want all of those at some point :). [QUOTE="Nismology"]Lol, I traded that game in today! Along with Nascar 2000, Rayman 2 and NFS2. On the plus side I got Panzer Dragoon, Project Gotham Racing 2 and Destruction Derby 64 in return :).Darkman2007
LOL! I wasn't sleepwalking at like 3am, and somehow went out and randomly bought that game off you again and think I found it, by any chance did I? :P. Speaking of that game, if you remember, did the menu music ever freeze? like a rat-a-tat-tatting noise (I mentioned earlier that was the only problem I had with the game, but it wasn't game breaking) :).

I have the story of all lost game stories. So my very first game that I bought was Gauntlet from Tengen on my NES. I loved that game, even though I know now that I never got past world 1 lol. Anyway, I had a habit when I was younger of putting my games on couches and chairs I was sitting on. One day I left Gauntlet on my father recliner. When I came home to play it the recliner was gone. My parents sold it to someone out of town for their cabin.

I was upset at my parents to put it nicely.

Fast forward 16 years later. Me and my girlfriend's brother are looking at old games at Game Crazy. I see a black angle game, just like Gauntlet. I hesitated for a second, I thought it might be another copy of RBI Baseball. Now when I first starting getting games I made a habit of carving my initials in the right notch at teh bottom of my games.

To my suprise, I picked up the game and there in the notch was carved "MAS". I had found my lost game.

I know it doesn't go exactly with the topic since it wasn't in my room but I wanted to share with everyone.

everlong12

That is amazing! lol! did you buy it back? must have been unfortunate to have to say "but... it's mine :(" to the shopkeeper haha :P

no, but i didnt realize i had double copies of some games, 2 vice city's on pc, 2 gta3's on ps2 and i think 3 mgs3's, I guess i forgot i owned games like kinetica, klonoa 2, and winback for ps2

planetjumper

Not exactly the same since I knew about it, but between me and my brother we have 3 Modern Warfare 2's. Two for the Xbox 360 and one for the PS3. Oh, and 2 copies of Black Ops, one for the 360, and PS3 :P. I also have two copies of Tekken Tag Tournament, because one of them started to freeze all the time, or something like that. So even though it didn't work anymore, I still kept it as I do :P.

Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 Mario2007
Member since 2005 • 2520 Posts
No, but if one of you came into my house, and put a random game in my room without me knowing I'd be very happy :P
planetjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 planetjumper
Member since 2010 • 638 Posts

[QUOTE="planetjumper"]

Ashley_wwe

Not exactly the same since I knew about it, but between me and my brother we have 3 Modern Warfare 2's. Two for the Xbox 360 and one for the PS3. Oh, and 2 copies of Black Ops, one for the 360, and PS3 :P. I also have two copies of Tekken Tag Tournament, because one of them started to freeze all the time, or something like that. So even though it didn't work anymore, I still kept it as I do :P.

Yeah I bought mgs3 a few times and never opened it because it was cheap, i have doubles of others because i lost discs and found them years later....but i love finding something i completely forgot i had, it only happens with gameboy games though...for some reason i can't remember what games i had 16 years ago

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ashley_wwe
No, but if one of you came into my house, and put a random game in my room without me knowing I'd be very happy :PMario2007
That ones for Santa to know ;) lol :P.
Yeah I bought mgs3 a few times and never opened it because it was cheap, i have doubles of others because i lost discs and found them years later....but i love finding something i completely forgot i had, it only happens with gameboy games though...for some reason i can't remember what games i had 16 years agoplanetjumper
Ahh, right. To be honest, that might happen to me at some point... I want my WCW Mayhem (PS1) back! haha. I definately have it somewhere... :P.
GillasEggs30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 GillasEggs30
Member since 2008 • 177 Posts

Rachet and Clank: Up your Arsenal.

I recently moved, and i found a box that had a bunch of old games. I got all the games i wanted and left it. A month later i opened it, and at the very bottom was Ratchet and Clank. I had no clue i ever had that.

Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nismology
[QUOTE="Nismology"]Lol, I traded that game in today! Along with Nascar 2000, Rayman 2 and NFS2. On the plus side I got Panzer Dragoon, Project Gotham Racing 2 and Destruction Derby 64 in return :).Ashley_wwe
LOL! I wasn't sleepwalking at like 3am, and somehow went out and randomly bought that game off you again and think I found it, by any chance did I? :P. Speaking of that game, if you remember, did the menu music ever freeze? like a rat-a-tat-tatting noise (I mentioned earlier that was the only problem I had with the game, but it wasn't game breaking) :)

Lol, I don't think so! The music on my copy was absolutely fine, but I did have that exact problem with my copy of THPS2. The disc was pretty scratched up, so I took it to ASDA and go it resurfaced. That fixed the problem, and the disc looks all shiny and new again :)
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

yea about 2 weeks ago i stumbled upon my Prince of tennis game for the GBA. i found it behind my clothing cabint when i was cleaning..i soon as i saw it i stopped cleaning and started to play it :lol:

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ashley_wwe

Lol, I don't think so! The music on my copy was absolutely fine, but I did have that exact problem with my copy of THPS2. The disc was pretty scratched up, so I took it to ASDA and go it resurfaced. That fixed the problem, and the disc looks all shiny and new again :)Nismology
Ahh, nice :). I didn't know that you could actually take discs to places like Asda to do that! awesome. My disc however only has the odd scratch, kind of like "played a lot" scratches.

yea about 2 weeks ago i stumbled upon my Prince of tennis game for the GBA. i found it behind my clothing cabint when i was cleaning..i soon as i saw it i stopped cleaning and started to play it :lol:

LP4EVA2005

Haha, well it is an awesome feeling to find games, so it's not that surprising that you would do that :P.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Nismology"]Lol, I don't think so! The music on my copy was absolutely fine, but I did have that exact problem with my copy of THPS2. The disc was pretty scratched up, so I took it to ASDA and go it resurfaced. That fixed the problem, and the disc looks all shiny and new again :)Ashley_wwe

Ahh, nice :). I didn't know that you could actually take discs to places like Asda to do that! awesome. My disc however only has the odd scratch, kind of like "played a lot" scratches.

LP4EVA2005

Haha, well it is an awesome feeling to find games, so it's not that surprising that you would do that :P.

to be honest, you could do almost as good a job yourself fixing discs as they do at Asda. I actually took a disc to Gamestation once to get it fixed, after my own disc repair machine didn't fix the disc , the machine they had was actually very similar to the one I had, just higher quality I suppose. still didn't fix the disc.
Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nismology
[QUOTE="Ashley_wwe"]

[QUOTE="Nismology"] Ahh, nice :). I didn't know that you could actually take discs to places like Asda to do that! awesome. My disc however only has the odd scratch, kind of like "played a lot" scratches. [QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]

Darkman2007

to be honest, you could do almost as good a job yourself fixing discs as they do at Asda. I actually took a disc to Gamestation once to get it fixed, after my own disc repair machine didn't fix the disc , the machine they had was actually very similar to the one I had, just higher quality I suppose. still didn't fix the disc.

Well, I suppose if you have a big game collection, it's worthwhile having your own machine. The one they had at my local asda (one of the massive asdas with 2 floors) did a great job and took about 10 minutes to completely lathe the disc.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Ashley_wwe"] Haha, well it is an awesome feeling to find games, so it's not that surprising that you would do that :P.

Nismology

Well, I suppose if you have a big game collection, it's worthwhile having your own machine. The one they had at my local asda (one of the massive asdas with 2 floors) did a great job and took about 10 minutes to completely lathe the disc.

the machine I have cost me £20, and fixes a disc in about 1 minute.

unless the scratch is really deep , then you need something thats industrial , but frankly, Gamestation didn't work thats for sure and they wanted £2 for it too.

though Ive ran out of "cleaning solution" which is really just water for the most part with a few extras, so I just use regular tap water as replacement, works just as well.