Have we become spoiled?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fife1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Fife1100
Member since 2008 • 101 Posts

Have we become spoiled with newer games that some of us forgett the older ones that were so important to us before? for an example when Assassins creed first came out it had some of the best graphics and gameplay I have seen in a long while I soon forgott about those "other" games and that some of these games like assassins creed were ahead of there time and come along only once every couple of years an older one could of beenthe Super Mario Bros series and Legend of Zelda OoT.

*****************************This Is a Flame Free Zone********************************** ......... I hope haha

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
Maybe the people who are in the current-gen are, but not me! :P
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
Spoiled from great graphics and gameplay?? Is the current year 2009? :P
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts
Spoiled is not how i felt playing Assassins Creed.
Wolf-A-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Wolf-A-
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I will admit alot of the gaming society has become fascinated with the newer technology being introduced to games!

Personal opinion, I don't see how a gamer could forget about old school games, seeing as they have expanded from them ya know!

Every game I believe was originated in some sense from another, even just a slight detail helps creativity reach vast lands!

Idk, I collect games just as much as I am a gamer, and all the ones that I have dwelled on so much are still in my collection, due to the impact!

Nothing wrong with lookin forward to the future of gamin, but, blood runs thick in gaming!

fpsbrofunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fpsbrofunk
Member since 2009 • 33 Posts

I will admit alot of the gaming society has become fascinated with the newer technology being introduced to games!

Personal opinion, I don't see how a gamer could forget about old school games, seeing as they have expanded from them ya know!

Every game I believe was originated in some sense from another, even just a slight detail helps creativity reach vast lands!

Idk, I collect games just as much as I am a gamer, and all the ones that I have dwelled on so much are still in my collection, due to the impact!

Nothing wrong with lookin forward to the future of gamin, but, blood runs thick in gaming!

Wolf-A-

I am with you on that

BTrippin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BTrippin
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I remember when that Final Fantasy: spirits within movie came out and how I couldn't get over how realistic the graphics were, and I told myself that video games would probably be like that one day. Well, now they are and it only took just a couple years. I wonder what the next platforms will be like.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
Your opinions change the longer you have been gaming. The most recent games get the most attention because they are the best looking, new features etc. and this makes you overlook games from 1-3 years ago, which covers most of the current gen of console gaming. For people that have only started this gen, they don't know any different, so shiny graphics = great game. When you've been gaming over 5 years you will still have some great memories of your early games, so while you appreciate the latest games for what they are, still have fond memories of older games, though they weren't that long ago that you can't see how they have progressed. Once you've been gaming 10-20 years you will have played some absolute cIassics, games that you can still go back to playing now and enjoy just as much as a latest AAA title. Rose tinted glasses perhaps, but you can really appreciate a great game, rather than one that has average gameplay with great graphics.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Well I still like some playstation 1 and 2 games and i play alot of old PC games.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

You have to appreciate the new and the old.

BenTheJamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 BenTheJamin
Member since 2005 • 927 Posts

I personally just played through MGS2 again, I never forget oldschool games. Heck, I still play JK2.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I remember every game I played in my life. If playing new games made me forget or think less of older ones I wouldn't be much of a gamer.
Ikouze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Ikouze
Member since 2009 • 2027 Posts
When Metal Gear Solid 2 came out, I thought Graphics couldn't get any better than that. But I was wrong. I can't wait to see how graphics will look in the year 2015.
LtReviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#14 LtReviews
Member since 2009 • 940 Posts

Many gamersdo tend to forget about great games as soon as their graphics become out-dated. Some of it is because the game was for an older console that we no longer have, but I think some games are just timeless classics that go beyond just graphics.

kimkim01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kimkim01
Member since 2009 • 704 Posts

Your opinions change the longer you have been gaming. The most recent games get the most attention because they are the best looking, new features etc. and this makes you overlook games from 1-3 years ago, which covers most of the current gen of console gaming. For people that have only started this gen, they don't know any different, so shiny graphics = great game. When you've been gaming over 5 years you will still have some great memories of your early games, so while you appreciate the latest games for what they are, still have fond memories of older games, though they weren't that long ago that you can't see how they have progressed. Once you've been gaming 10-20 years you will have played some absolute cIassics, games that you can still go back to playing now and enjoy just as much as a latest AAA title. Rose tinted glasses perhaps, but you can really appreciate a great game, rather than one that has average gameplay with great graphics.Avenger1324

QFT!

I sometimes go back to those old Sierra and Lucasarts adventure games. It's a shame they don't make games like these anymore.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="Avenger1324"]Your opinions change the longer you have been gaming. The most recent games get the most attention because they are the best looking, new features etc. and this makes you overlook games from 1-3 years ago, which covers most of the current gen of console gaming. For people that have only started this gen, they don't know any different, so shiny graphics = great game. When you've been gaming over 5 years you will still have some great memories of your early games, so while you appreciate the latest games for what they are, still have fond memories of older games, though they weren't that long ago that you can't see how they have progressed. Once you've been gaming 10-20 years you will have played some absolute cIassics, games that you can still go back to playing now and enjoy just as much as a latest AAA title. Rose tinted glasses perhaps, but you can really appreciate a great game, rather than one that has average gameplay with great graphics.kimkim01

QFT!

I sometimes go back to those old Sierra and Lucasarts adventure games. It's a shame they don't make games like these anymore.

A lot of times, those adventure games pull me in more than many of the new (well, relatively) games.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

Games keep evolving. I don't see how that's spoiled as much as it's natural progression.