Have a question to ask here

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cheatermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cheatermaster
Member since 2004 • 2164 Posts

Since they have made the PS4 and Xbox One system, will they eventually stop making the PS3 and Xbox 360 systems? Because apparently I learn that some people had their PS3 and Xbox 360 system break down. In fact, that kind of happened to me cause I think last year my Xbox 360 broke so I got a new one. And at the start of the new year my PS3 broke so I first got it fixed only for it break down again and I had to buy a new one.

Based on what I seem to be finding out, after a while for whatever reason, the PS3 and the Xbox 360 will eventually break down, and people may have no choice but to buy a new system. But the problem is now that we have the PS4 and Xbox One, does this mean they will stop making the PS3 and Xbox 360 systems, even possibly stop repairing them? Because the PS4 and Xbox One have no backwards compatibility after all so we can't play any old PS3 and Xbox 360 games on them.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Yes. They will eventually stop producing and repairing PS3 and Xbox 360.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

In The PS3s case the production will go on for longer because thats just how Sony Roles... They only stopped producing the PSP this year. Plus they control more territories than the Xbox does....

Microsoft have said they'l continue to produce content for the 360 for only 3 more years...... I don't know when they'l shut down production after that but here in SA.... It won't take long.... We despise Microsoft, its the bane of our existance. Anyway if my 360 breaks down and I know it will, I'l take it out into the back yard and introduce it to a hammer. I'l hang on to my games since I'm pretty sure theres gona be an emulator for them on the PC at some point....

Bottom line is I'm not getting the Xbox One,

you know whats really messed up..... Even the games in your Live Account become useless and if by Some miracle they make 8th gen ports for them, they will have the audacity to ask you to buy the whole game again.....

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

In The PS3s case the production will go on for longer because thats just how Sony Roles... They only stopped producing the PSP this year. Plus they control more territories than the Xbox does....

This is true. The PSP still sold like hotcakes in Japan even after the release of the Vita. And Sony has the upper-hand in more regions because they have a higher Asian presence. Also China is still kinda new to console gaming (Haven't been keeping up on this) and they will swaying over to the Sony because Sony is a Asian-based company.