Has this gen peaked?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IAmTheSaladMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 IAmTheSaladMan
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts

This has probably been discussed before but I'm new so I apologise if I'm retreading old ground. Does anyone think that the current gen of consoles have already peaked? I can't speak for PS3 I've never played one but I think both Wii and 360 have reached their peak. Within it's first year or so the Wii had all its best games Galaxy, Prime 3, Twilight Princess and Mario Kart I can see very few games on the horizon that can touch any of those titles. As for 360 I think that peaked ages ago with Gears. I've enjoyed no game on 360 as much as Gears with the exception of perhaps GTAIV. Hopefully the run of quality looking titles due by Christmas will prove me wrong.

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts
you would have to ask every Developer who makes a game. they have a chocie, either make a good game and risk it or make a bunch of crappy ones for less risk. Devs will come around and make a good one here and their. But I dont think their is a peak right now to technology.
kriptonzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 kriptonzz
Member since 2004 • 3637 Posts
From my viewpoint, you just need to open your eyes a bit and try more games.
gbpman630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 gbpman630
Member since 2003 • 2795 Posts
No, I don't think any of the consoles have peaked. Developers are still saying that they aren't using 100% of the PS3's Cell Processor. And there is still tons of potential for what can be done with the Wii-mote. Graphically, the 360 may have peaked, but it still will have great new games coming its way, as will all three of the consoles. I believe that the best is yet to come.
Calebman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Calebman
Member since 2003 • 518 Posts
Graphics aren't as important as games, and even if they were, I think they can still improve graphics. And gameplay can always be improved.
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

let me make this clear.

no gaming generation peaks without proper Final Fantasy game.

PERIOD.

IAmTheSaladMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 IAmTheSaladMan
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts
It's not that I need to play more games. I've got few ties and a relatively disposable income so I play pretty much every major release. I just think playing certain stunning games so early in a consoles lifespan has left me a little disillusioned regarding their future. Plus the topic was lifted from an issue of EDGE who probably made a far better argument than I could, try and check out their article on 360 peaking prematurely if you get the chance.
Bigboss232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Bigboss232
Member since 2006 • 4997 Posts
umm no it hasnt peaked yet. We all thould hope microsoft hasnt used up all there cards
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Probably, if you've played every single major release on every single console and PC since the launch of the 360... but I doubt anyone actually has. I've got 360 games on backlog now... and more to come... it's not good because I've got PS2, GC, Dreamcast and Saturn games as well... not to mention I will be getting a new PC soon and be able to get into all the games like Supreme Commander that I missed.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Simple answer, no.