Has there been any news on the Retron 5 release date?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

I've been dying to get my hands on a retron 5. they said during e3 it would be available by august at the latest, and here we are in september and i can't even find a stated release date. it sounds to me like the best thing to ever happen to legacy gaming 

for those unfamiliar with the retron 5, here it is http://hyperkin.com/blog/2013/03/retron-5-details-revealed-from-the-midwest-gaming-classic/

AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts
I'm really interested in this, too. But it got me wondering: why no TG-16 support?
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

I'm really interested in this, too. But it got me wondering: why no TG-16 support?AtelierFan

The market just isn't there, or at least not as far as statistics are concerned. I suspect that when these companies decide to make a clone console they look at how many owners there were of the original console when it was selling, as well as how many of the games for said platform were circulated. Looking at the TG-16 it isn't fantastic reading from their point of view compared to the NES, SNES, Megadrive etc. Basically there is a lot more money to be made from those consoles that had large sales figures because the market is already pre-made.

bloom467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 bloom467
Member since 2009 • 192 Posts
Looks awesome.