Has everyone been going on a Twilight Princess replaying binge? In wake of SS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

It certainly seems that way doesn't it? Are some people replaying Zelda: Twilight Princess whilst anticipating the new game Skyward Sword and its eventual release?

iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 iHarlequin
Member since 2011 • 1928 Posts

I never got to playing TLoZ: TP, since the Nintendo Wii was my most recent (and final :D) gaming acquisition this generation. I did start it, took a month-long break, and went back to playing it again a week ago -- I'm currently at the City in the Sky or w/e the dungeon you get shot from a cannon to is called. I'm puzzle-saturated, so I haven't bothered with it yet. I'll get to it eventually, though.

AngryJuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 AngryJuice
Member since 2011 • 305 Posts
I've already replayed it about 20 times, one of my favorite games.
gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

Sort of. It's been around a year since I last played TP, about the 5th time. A bit before that, I replayed WW. I just finished a replay of Majora's Mask this week, personally.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i replayed it relatively recently and come new trailer or something from skyward sword was likely part of the reason i gave it another spin.
lulmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lulmont
Member since 2010 • 671 Posts

Nah but I did beat OOT twice on the 3DS Normal and Master Quest.

MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts

I replayed it a couple of months ago. It was about the same as I remembered. It didn't feel quite like a vintage Zelda game, and my biggest gripe is that the dungeons seem to get easier.

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
Isn't Skyward Sword basically the same game? I'll give it a try but I think it'll be more fun if I don't play something very similar immediately before it
thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

That's sort of what I was thinking, not least of which because of all the great Zelda games, I rather consider TP to be... subpar. Took me 6 months of on-and-off playing to get through that game 3 years ago, with lots of support from family and loved ones.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#10 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

No. I've got too many other things I need to do.

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

Im finishing up Oblivion right now in anticipation of SKyrim. After im done i will continue my unfinshed journey in Zelda TP. I only purchased TP for the 1st time a few months ago. Im only 6 hrs at the moment. Cant wait for Skyword Sword & Skyrim.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#12 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
I wish I could skip the wolf parts.....anyway I'm not playing it, but I'm going blindfolded towards Skyward Sword I know absolutely nothing about the game except for the first video they showed
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#13 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

I picked up the Wii version cheap (I had only played the Gamecube version, at launch) and have been slowly replaying it.

I forgot how awful the intro is. And the wolf segments. And the bug hunts. But the actual dungeons where you play as Link, those are fan-**bleep**-ing-tasting, some of the best design in any Zelda game. It's just a shame they're broken up with so much mediocre to awful filler...and man is there a lot of filler. It's a game I remember feeling was a bit too long, and now I remember why I thought that.

The motion controls are okay when you need to aim, but for general combat they're a waggle-fest in the absolutely worst way. I wish they had a Gamecube control option (there is no reason beyond abject stubbornness this doesn't exist in the game) so that I could say the Wii version is the definitive one.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#14 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Im finishing up Oblivion right now in anticipation of SKyrim. After im done i will continue my unfinshed journey in Zelda TP. I only purchased TP for the 1st time a few months ago. Im only 6 hrs at the moment. Cant wait for Skyword Sword & Skyrim.

brucecambell

On your first playthrough, TP can take you anywhere from 35- 50 hours. Be prepared.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Not me, I'm not a big fan of TP. I might replay WW soon, though.
-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

Not exactly the reason I was replaying Twilight Princess, I'm just replaying the game for the heck of it and Skyward Sword just happen to be coming out around this time, I also was replaying Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. may replay Link to the Past sometime next year since I have games on PS3 I want to finish up as well. I also still have yet to complete Legend of Zelda, and Legend of Zelda 2 as well as Legend of Zelda Minish Cap and Fourswords adventures otherwise I completed most of them

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I've been replaying a lot of Zelda titles in anticipation for Skyward Sword. I started with Wind Waker a while back, then Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time 3D and I want to play Majora's Mask. I actually never played Ocarian of Time until the 3DS version and I haven't played Majora's Mask ever. I also got Link's Awakening from the eShop, which I have never played either. I also haven't finished A Link To The Past, so that's another Zelda I need to grab. Also, I haven't played any of the oracle games or the original Zelda and Zelda II.

So, I'm pretty behind in the series and I've only really played about half the titles lol.