Has anyone ever done the end game content in FF12 like Yiazmat?

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I'm doing all the end game content in FF12 right now and I have a question I can't seem to find anywhere online. So it's to my understanding that the Black Robe increases dark elemental damage, which is useful when paired with something like the Yagyu Darkblade when fighting a boss like Yiazmat who is holy and vulnerable to dark damage. The White Robe is similar in that it will increase holy elemental damage when worn. On the flip side, the Black Mask absorbs and protects against dark elemental damage, while the White Mask absorbs and protects against holy elemental damage.

My main question is, do the black mask and white mask also increase dark elemental damage and holy elemental damage respectively like the robes do? Or are the masks purely for defensive purposes, while the robes are for offensive purposes?

I know that wearing the Black Robe against Yiazmat is a good idea since it will increase dark elemental damage, but it's to my understanding that the Black Mask only absorbs and protects against dark elemental damage and doesn't increase your character's dark elemental damage output like the Black Robes do. So I think in the Yiazmat fight, it would be better to wear just the Black Robe with maybe a Circlet, Golden Skullcap, Magepower Shishak or Grand Helm since Yiazmat doesn't do any dark elemental damage which is what I think the Black Mask is used for, just protecting against dark elemental damage with no increase in your character's dark elemental damage output.

TL;DR

Does the Black Mask increase your character's dark elemental damage output like the Black Robe does?

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I just killed Yiazmat after stealing his ultimate weapon Mesa 😁