Harvest Moon Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

himeceres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 himeceres
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I am big into the Harvest Moon games. I have played them since Nintendo 64. I never got into the Game Boy versions and for a while was only into the PS and PS2 versions. But, recently my husband and myself bought a Wii. This opened up a lot of options for Harvest Moon. I have played and 'beat' the male side of Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility. And, I noticed that there was Harvest Moon: Animal Parade. It looks A LOT like ToT down to the characters and such. The only exceptions being the animals and a slight plot change. Is it worth buying this one? Also any opinions you want to share about Harvest Moon Magical Melody would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to pick up something that is too similar to a previous title. Thank you for the help.
Psylocyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Psylocyborg
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I recommend Rune Factory Frontier. Harvest Moon has been going in a bad direction ever since leaving N64 and hasn't offered any new innovations with recent titles. RFF offers something new to the ''nurture sim'' genre by allowing you to choose your path--will you become a farmer, a warrior, an alchemist, a magician, a blacksmith, or maybe just a good cook? There's a lot for everyone, and yes, there are girls to woo just like in Harvest Moon! I picked it up on impulse but I've been having a lot of fun with it so far.

himeceres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 himeceres
Wow. Thank you for that information. I had also been looking at that one. You've just won me over. I agree that Harvest Moon doesn't have the same feel anymore but it is still pretty fun. I never got into the 'Game Boy' line because I never cared much for hand held devices.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Wow. Thank you for that information. I had also been looking at that one. You've just won me over. I agree that Harvest Moon doesn't have the same feel anymore but it is still pretty fun. I never got into the 'Game Boy' line because I never cared much for hand held devices.himeceres

My wife also felt a little tired of the Harvest Moon experienced and LOVED Rune Factory 2 for the DS. I'm getting her RF:Frontier for Christmas. I know she'll love it.

himeceres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 himeceres
Harvest Moon seems to be getting redundant. They may change a few things but it is still the exact same thing as before. I really wish they'd just take a break and make something good- really good. I still play it. I still love it. I just don't want to buy a 'remake'. My least favorite Harvest Moon was PS2: Save the Homeland. I don't even think I beat even one of the 'challenges'. However, that was one of their more creative attempts. They just left a lot out. I am defiantly going to give Rune Factory a shot!