SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 29908 Posts

What do you think, next gen owners? Does this describe your feelings about the new consoles? I think he nails it pretty much on the PS5. Design wise, it's an awkward looking baby lol (but doesn't really bother me that much), and game wise, I find myself playing mostly PS4 games, but Demon's Souls is certainly a nice gem. The controller is amazing, and am pretty happy with it. Overall, I'm happy with PS5. As for XSX, I don't have one, so I'm looking forward to reading people's reactions!

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9764 Posts

PlayStation 5 corrects a lot of my issues with the PlayStation 4, so for that it's very cool. Would prefer no subscription to play most the multiplayer, but at least some games are not restricted to that fee.

Do think the PS5 looks stupid (they all do frankly even the Switch), yet does all the functions I want from the console. The controller being great is a bonus, if it wasn't up to par would have reconfigured my multi-adapter and use my Switch Pro on the PS5, so was never going to be an issue. If anything saves me the hassle.

Demon's Souls Remake looks and runs great. Was always very excited for it and expressed such way before it was even official. Yet is still clumsy in a lot of areas I wish got altered. Level design is all over the place. Still one of the better Souls games imo.

Astro was the big surprise for PS5, it reminds me a lot of Tearaway and an excellent game overall.

*I have no statement on the X Box, have not bought one since the 360, am hoping for those that invested it's an equally enjoyable system.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 29908 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

PlayStation 5 corrects a lot of my issues with the PlayStation 4, so for that it's very cool. Would prefer no subscription to play most the multiplayer, but at least some games are not restricted to that fee.

Do think the PS5 looks stupid (they all do frankly even the Switch), yet does all the functions I want from the console. The controller being great is a bonus, if it wasn't up to par would have reconfigured my multi-adapter and use my Switch Pro on the PS5, so was never going to be an issue. If anything saves me the hassle.

Demon's Souls Remake looks and runs great. Was always very excited for it and expressed such way before it was even official. Yet is still clumsy in a lot of areas I wish got altered. Level design is all over the place. Still one of the better Souls games imo.

Astro was the big surprise for PS5, it reminds me a lot of Tearaway and an excellent game overall.

*I have no statement on the X Box, have not bought one since the 360, am hoping for those that invested it's an equally enjoyable system.

Yea, Astro is great. Felt like a tech demo, but still enjoyable.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9764 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

Yea, Astro is great. Felt like a tech demo, but still enjoyable.

Technically correct. Longer than any tech demo I've ever played though. The ton of collectables, not to mention leaderboards for speedrun levels makes it worth revisiting.

If Astro had a few more worlds could have easily been worth a full price tag. It's better than a lot of the 3D Platfoming found on the system_

Astro Playroom>>> Sack Boy: Big Adventure