Happy 5th anniversary, Bloodborne AKA the best game of this gen.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15868 Posts

Happy 5th anniversary to From Software magnum opus and THE best game of the last decade. I have so much love for the game and still sometimes gets back to Yharnam to enjoy the monstrocity and the secrets that beckons. Hopefully we will get some good news of a continuation in the upcoming State of Play.

*Bloodborne is available on PS4 and Stream via PSNow.

Credit to this fellow @_Rashuu_ on twitter
Credit to this fellow @_Rashuu_ on twitter

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sakaiXx

Just found out how to embed Tweets to this forum so here some popular artworks from people on twitter.

I love Bloodborne. Also spoiler alert I guess.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11655 Posts

Happy Birthday Bloodborne, you are an interesting twist on the Souls games before you, more aggressive and less tactical. Action, over RPG. Very CastleVania'esk cosmetically. It's almost like the 3D CastleVania we all wanted to an extent.

However no means the best game this generation in my view. Would probably crack my top fifty if I'm being fairly honest. A lot of aspects I find a detriment to its design. Along with most the problems the Souls games suffer can be found in Bloodborne as well, stupid/ suicidal A.I. being one of the reoccurring problems.

It's a flawed treasure, much like Capcoms Dragon's Dogma would benefit from a sequel ironing out its problems. But it has already been interviewed as not meant to be on many occasions. At least from what we know.

Hopefully it get a nice PS5 patch at the very least.

Next collaboration from Sony Japan and From Software is hinted to be a Armored Core reboot. Which I would be very excited about. For Answer in my view in one of the best games in From Softwares portfolio. And my personal favorite. Could also be a Bloodborne 2 from all we know, I've certainly seen demand for it.

Happy 5th anniversary to From Software magnum opus and THE best game of the last decade.

R.I.P. Sony Japan Studios for all the hard work they did for Bloodborne ●︿●,

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sakaiXx

@RSM-HQ said:

Hopefully it get a nice PS5 patch at the very least.

Next collaboration from Sony Japan and From Software is hinted to be a Armored Core reboot. Which I would be very excited about. For Answer in my view in one of the best games in From Softwares portfolio. And my personal favorite.

Happy 5th anniversary to From Software magnum opus and THE best game of the last decade.

R.I.P. Sony Japan Studios for all the hard work they did for Bloodborne ●︿●,

Haha, I contemplate whether to add Sony Japan Studios or not but from all I checked it seems their involvement in Bloodborne is less than in Demons souls. Only the exec producer is involved with Bloodborne creation as the bridge between Sony and From Soft. Might be wrong though.

Bloodborne 2 please. The armored core game hopefully a multiplat title as the game really need a crossplay multiplayer mode due to niche status.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ

@sakaixx: It's tough to ever actually know about Sony Japan Studios involvement with From Software projects as the collaborations tend to be pretty humble. They've spent many projects working together, it's one of the main factors From Software keep coming back to Sony.

Reckon it was less than Demon's as well, however think cosmetically Sony Japan Studios probably had a hand in lighting and atmosphere; because when you think of Demon's and Bloodborne they tend to look better than the multiplatform FS offerings at the time. Demon's visually looks better than Dark Souls/ DkSII and Bloodborne looks better than Dark Souls III/ Sekiro. Sony Japan Studios do after-all tend to focus in that area. Though for argument sake this could also be prioritising on one platform over multiple platforms/ hardware differences.

The armored core game hopefully a multiplat title as the game really need a crossplay multiplayer mode due to niche status.

If it's a collaborative project will unlikely be multiplatform, at least around launch. I've never known a game with the Sony Japan Studio logo to be multiplatform. As well King's Field and Demon's Souls was niche. Times change, and From Software are a bigger face in the gaming industry than they was back in 2008. Dark Souls changed everything, and that's a good thing.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sakaiXx

@RSM-HQ: considering sony been friendly with PC lately, who knows we might have a PS5/PC release for armored core.

For the Sony Japan Studios I think its just because both Demon Souls and Bloodborne were PS exclusive therefore FromSoft have time and man power to do work with technical assistance from Sony.

grandporcupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 grandporcupine
Member since 2020 • 33 Posts

I remember this game gave me nightmares but I still enjoyed it lol. Indeed the best game of the last decade.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Easily one of the best games this gen, spent 160 hours playing it!

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RSM-HQ

@sakaixx: Possibly with P.C. I would love to see first hand Mech Warrior fans sweat to see how much better Armored Core is by comparison.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

@RSM-HQ: Bloodborne was more of a fast pace then DS and for that reason, I'm also a fan of Bloodborne. To sum it up, it's consider the best PS4 game. I have no plans to go buy PS5, but if Sony announce Bloodborne 2 for a launch title, i'm gonna pre-order PS5 asap should that ever happen.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ

@davillain- said:

@RSM-HQ: Bloodborne was more of a fast pace then DS and for that reason, I'm also a fan of Bloodborne.

Don't recall stating that I wasn't a fan, I beat and reviewed the game before GameSpot did (though I did miss on Castle Cainhurst and other hidden secrets at the time).

It's a very fun game, it also happens to have its fair share of problems. As mentioned compare it with Dragon's Dogma, another game I praise heavily but will not gloss over its cons.

To sum it up, it's consider the best PS4 game.

I don't think it is in any capacity. You've got no evidence to throw that claim. Usually see people use God of War or Uncharted 4 if I look at the volume of numbers.

I think Bloodborne is better than both those games, however I also think 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim and Tearaway are better than Bloodborne so. . . You know, that's my take on PS4 only games. I don't however make bold claims that either are considered 'the best' by default. It probably is God of War or Uncharted 4 and couldn't care less if it's the case.

I have no plans to go buy PS5, but if Sony announce Bloodborne 2 for a launch title, i'm gonna pre-order PS5 asap should that ever happen.

I would also get Bloodborne 2 if it so happens, I don't think it's even hinted to be in the cards. Blue Point making a Demon's Souls Remake however has heavily been suggested.

All these Soulsborne games have a lot in common with Monster Hunter, who Miyazaki Hidetaka san has mentioned as his main source of reference with the combat in all these ARPG games (a series a few probably know I consider among the best games I've ever played)

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Here's hoping they will port it to PC eventually.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

Needs PC port badly. I get beat by bosses because of shoddy framerate.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RSM-HQ

@sleepnsurf said:

The Lecture Building 2nd Floor in Bloodborne is quite literally a slide show presentation. While I think it's more likely to get a PS5 patch to run the game better. A P.C. port would do wonders for how I feel about the game, and would likely rebuy if it runs well (or a mods fixes it).

At its best Bloodborne runs at a 'manageable' rate, when at its worst it's an unplayable mess.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:
@sleepnsurf said:

The Lecture Building 2nd Floor in Bloodborne is quite literally a slide show presentation. While I think it's more likely to get a PS5 patch to run the game better. A P.C. port would do wonders for how I feel about the game, and would likely rebuy if it runs well (or a mods fixes it).

At its best Bloodborne runs at a 'manageable' rate, when at its worst it's an unplayable mess.

Been playing it since day one on an original 500GB PS4 and have never run into framerate issues. So I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RSM-HQ

@Johnny_Rock said:

Been playing it since day one on an original 500GB PS4 and have never run into framerate issues. So I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Well, get a clue chief.

Your 'word' against many critical reception on Bloodborne framerate; but don't take my 'word' for it, here is some videos showing Bloodborne shitty framerate_

Framerate drop commonly at fog gate

Common dips in exploring Yharnam

The infamously atrocious Lecture Building

Take your pick, I can find plenty more if need be. How about share your complete playthrough of this hypothetical flawless framerate Bloodborne playthrough. Especially running on a base PS4.

*I too had the original launch model PS4, that fan is loud as hell.

Perfumeffoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Perfumeffoul
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

Next collaboration from Sony Japan and From Software is hinted to be a Armored Core reboot. Which I could be very enthusiastic about. For Answer in my opinion in one of the satisfactory video games in From Softwares portfolio. And my personal preferred for free codes, get here https://thefortnitemaps.com/ . Could additionally be a Bloodborne 2 from all we realize, I've genuinely seen call for for it.