Halo 4 vs Black Ops 2....battle for supremacy.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts
NOTE: This is coming from a Halo fan's standpoint. I decided to make this thread after listening to my dumbass friend's arguments about how much CoD is "more awesome". It really makes me laugh considering the new CoD game isn't even out yet. My friend claims that since CoD gets new sales, it obviously makes it better. He doesn't seem to understand the amount of work that goes in to games like Halo 4, and how little is changed from the previous CoD installment. I'm currently trying to prove him wrong, so please leave your vote, and back it up with logical thinking. Thanks, hopefully I can show him how idiotic he is.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44290 Posts
You laugh at your friend for thinking Black Ops 2 is better then Halo 4 because BO2 isn't even out yet but you make a thread to determine which one is better. Wow.
GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GamerZem
You seem to have misunderstood my post. You see, on the poll, I put "Black Ops 2/CoD in general". I could have just left it at "CoD", but since Black Ops 2 is so far not very innovative, I felt I should include that in the title.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44290 Posts
The thread title says otherwise but still who cares both are excellent franchises so I don't pick one over the other for the sake of some immature pissing contest especially in threads where supposedly one's "friend" likes one over the other. I play and enjoy them both very much. That is all.
Tangmashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Tangmashi
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

Should be called Halo 3.5.

HardGames420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 HardGames420
Member since 2011 • 233 Posts

I really can't wait til next week so I don't have to hear anything more about Halo, the game sucks. COD is king, Black Ops 2 biatch!

HardGames420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HardGames420
Member since 2011 • 233 Posts

Tangmashi

This

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I got Halo 4, thinking maybe this time I'd finally see what it is that makes this franchise so popular, but I'm still not getting it. To me, at least, it's an extremely average space shooter, nothing more. COD, on the other hand, is a series I've always enjoyed and it looks like I'll be spending a ton of time on Black Ops 2.

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GamerZem

Tangmashi
The same kind of thing could be said for Call of Duty. I don't agree with that statement, Halo 4 is almost nothing like Halo 3 to me. Sprinting is default, graphics are gorgeous, darker music, enhanced gun sounds, new weapons, new enemies, and a much darker plot.
GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GamerZem

I really can't wait til next week so I don't have to hear anything more about Halo, the game sucks. COD is king, Black Ops 2 biatch!

HardGames420
I can't wait until Black Ops 1.5 comes out so I don't have to listen to whining 12 year olds on Halo anymore. CoD is not "King". That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Look at Golden Eye 007, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D.....all much better games.
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

Both have tremendous amounts of content, so it's going to boil downt to preference, as always.

In my book, I'll choose Halo 4 only because the fast pace matches the sci-fi/out of this world theme. I could never get past the disconnect in CoD between the pacing and the realistic-ish military coat of paint on games. The speed that players move and reload just seem cartoonishly ridiculous. Of course that disconnect is something I notice. Can't speak for anyone else.

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

CoD BO 2 wins hands-down...a good majority of its fanbase has proven to be far more fanatical and narrow-minded.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#13 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I'll go ahead and be the dick that says neither. This seems more like a system wars thing anyway.
187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

I think both appear to be interesting games but since I don't own a 360 and Black Ops 2 is the first game I've pre-ordered in over 25 years of gaming I'm gonna go with that. I understand why people complain about COD being more of the same but the only COD game I've ever played is Black Ops and I loved it so I don't have that problem, plus I'm a fan of smaller fps maps and love the customization options, killstreaks and rewards and how they addressed the common complaint about campers too.

Slayt0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Slayt0n
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Halo is way more awesome than cod for too many reasons but here are some for you and your friend to see... btw i have a dumb ass friend who likes cod better aswel and i play it with him sometimes but i just end up wishing i was master chief so i could destroy all those cod fools.

- Halo waaaayyyy better story, bigger universe, better characters, deep and dark and sometimes funny and super colourful. (grunts crack me up)

- Halo takes more skill as a gamer to play this to some is a con but for serious gamers being good at cod is no big achievement - spray and pray BS

- Halo 4 has better multiplayer. Reach was fun i loved the campaign even though im not sure it was exactly accurate BUT it was a good story however its multiplayer even though i play it way more than black ops, i still realised why many people would play black ops MP over reach MP not me tho.

- Vehicles. recently in ome cod games u get to ride some vehicles BUT the vehicle scenes SUCK! u not really in control and even though u r bouncing around like a moron on some jet ski on a river u can still somehow use one hand to steer and shoot pple in their face even when u were clearly aiming at something else. Halo is the vehicle war king! there is a large variety and u can control the vehicles and choose if u want to use them or not unlike cod u gotta follow the limited linear story.

- Guns. Ok so other halo games had limited guns compared to cod but not halo 4. HALO 4 boasts 3 different classes of guns - human, covenant and forerunner/promethean. Halo guns are not just metalic, gritty, bad ass human weapons but slick beautiful alien technologies that shoot beautiful bright and deadly beams, needles, seering hot plasma out of them AND on top of that the promethean weapons kinda a mix of gritty and colourful. The orange and grey goes great together and these weapons can turn u into flaming bits of beautiful ash, so beautiful u will actually enjoy seeing urself disentegrate.

-Halo 4 caters to the geeks and fanboys and girls who enjoy good entertainment, engaging storyline and depth of characters and universe on top of heart pounding action and thrills of survival - it is the star wars of video games where as cod caters to those who arent gamers, those who enjoy a quick fix of action and explosions and death. Those who play games like fifa and drop 8 points in IQ every day bcuz they doing the same thing over and over (their reflexes probably work good tho) Halo uses strategy and u have to stay on ur toes and if u like me u purchase the books and read and research more into this fascinating story.

Halo 4 will probably not sell as good as blops 2 on the xbox and will never outsell cod bcuz its single platform BUT let the drones and sheep have their regurgitated cod crap its their drug they all say they hate a lot about it but cant stop playing it. I bet halo has stolen a few of their players this time around. It will be interesting to see how things pan out.

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts

Tangmashi
What ? It's nothing like halo 3, I wish it was way more like halo 3.
GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GamerZem

@slay: I agree with most of the points you stated. Unfortunately, Halo will never get as many sales as CoD. Most of those sales come from people who will buy anything with the CoD title slapped onto it, not to mention it is multi-platform.

@guy who said this goes in system wars: I realize that, but I am not level 10 and therefore I cannot post this thread there.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

NOTE: This is coming from a Halo fan's standpoint. I decided to make this thread after listening to my dumbass friend's arguments about how much CoD is "more awesome". It really makes me laugh considering the new CoD game isn't even out yet. My friend claims that since CoD gets new sales, it obviously makes it better. He doesn't seem to understand the amount of work that goes in to games like Halo 4, and how little is changed from the previous CoD installment. I'm currently trying to prove him wrong, so please leave your vote, and back it up with logical thinking. Thanks, hopefully I can show him how idiotic he is.GamerZem

Funny, reviewers have said that nothing much had changed with halo 4's campaign...

im going to laugh when blops2 releases and has made more changes than halo 4

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

I always found this COD hatred to be ridiculous.

People claim it's the same game every year, yet it's added plenty since its inception and continues to do so. Yes MW3 was overly simliar, but still a quality title. I look at MW3 as what MW2 should have been.

Black Ops 2 is going with a new era, the future. Plenty of new weapons and features in terms of those weapons. Live streaming, CODcasting, new gadgets, custom zombie games, re-imagined Create-a-class, new score streak system, Zombie campaign, new game modes and more that I can't even remember. I'd say that's not too bad.

Although it's funny that people claim COD is the same every year yet just look at Black Ops alone, new era with the Cold War, theater mode, custom playercard, customizable sights, very different take on story, Wager matches, COD points, combat training, 2 player split screen online, and more. They also fixed pretty much all issues that people had with MW2.

In terms of preference, I enjoy COD more. However I have to wait and see which is better between Black Ops 2 and Halo 4 myself. I have yet to play either. But since you claim the poll to be in general, I'll pick COD for that.

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GamerZem

[QUOTE="GamerZem"]NOTE: This is coming from a Halo fan's standpoint. I decided to make this thread after listening to my dumbass friend's arguments about how much CoD is "more awesome". It really makes me laugh considering the new CoD game isn't even out yet. My friend claims that since CoD gets new sales, it obviously makes it better. He doesn't seem to understand the amount of work that goes in to games like Halo 4, and how little is changed from the previous CoD installment. I'm currently trying to prove him wrong, so please leave your vote, and back it up with logical thinking. Thanks, hopefully I can show him how idiotic he is.campzor

Funny, reviewers have said that nothing much had changed with halo 4's campaign...

I don't see what makes Halo 4 campaign so similar to the other games.

Who are these reviewers you are talking about anyway? In fact, all of the reviews I've watched and read express how much different the campaign was.

MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

campzor

Yeah I heard there's gonna be zombies in this one.

Kocelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kocelot
Member since 2011 • 816 Posts

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I got Halo 4, thinking maybe this time I'd finally see what it is that makes this franchise so popular, but I'm still not getting it. To me, at least, it's an extremely average space shooter, nothing more. COD, on the other hand, is a series I've always enjoyed and it looks like I'll be spending a ton of time on Black Ops 2.

Vari3ty

It's an acquired taste. I thought all the Halo campaigns were dull and generic. I got into the multiplayer after I learned the tricks and it got addicting once I got better. Im no big fan of Halo however.
ANyways, COD gets more sales than Halo, b/c this generation of kids is absolutely moronic.

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GamerZem

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

Kocelot

It's an acquired taste. I thought all the Halo campaigns were dull and generic. I got into the multiplayer after I learned the tricks and it got addicting once I got better. Im no big fan of Halo however.
ANyways, COD gets more sales than Halo, b/c this generation of kids is absolutely moronic.

To be honest, the only campaigns I really enjoyed were those of Halo 3 and Halo 4. The rest were average at best.

The multiplayer has always bought me, except for Reach. After over a year of playing it, I was so high-ranked and it just got boring.

Kocelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kocelot
Member since 2011 • 816 Posts

[QUOTE="Kocelot"]

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

GamerZem

To be honest, the only campaigns I really enjoyed were those of Halo 3 and Halo 4. The rest were average at best.

The multiplayer has always bought me, except for Reach. After over a year of playing it, I was so high-ranked and it just got boring.

Same here. It was fun while it lasted for me though. I was actually expecting to purchase Halo 4, but I ended up forgetting about it.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#26 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

I would take Halo 4 every day, mostly because at least the Halo universe is imagined and requires creativity and craftsmanship to create and expand.

Whatever the hell CoD is these days, it certainly isn't dripping with creativity or thought. It is a generic military shooting game.

I don't own either, but I will buy Halo 4 eventually. Won't bother with CoD, ever.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]

[QUOTE="GamerZem"]NOTE: This is coming from a Halo fan's standpoint. I decided to make this thread after listening to my dumbass friend's arguments about how much CoD is "more awesome". It really makes me laugh considering the new CoD game isn't even out yet. My friend claims that since CoD gets new sales, it obviously makes it better. He doesn't seem to understand the amount of work that goes in to games like Halo 4, and how little is changed from the previous CoD installment. I'm currently trying to prove him wrong, so please leave your vote, and back it up with logical thinking. Thanks, hopefully I can show him how idiotic he is.GamerZem

I don't see what makes Halo 4 campaign so similar to the other games.

Who are these reviewers you are talking about anyway? In fact, all of the reviews I've watched and read express how much different the campaign was.

I think it may have been GT
Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

Seems more like a battle of the special olympics if anything.

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GamerZem

Seems more like a battle of the special olympics if anything.

Socijalisticka

Hah. Ahahaha.

....no.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#30 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

That's hard because COD just recycles the same things in each game, and Halo is just average from what I've played.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Black FLOPS 2
Ernesto_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ernesto_basic
Member since 2002 • 2123 Posts

While Halo 4's multiplayer has gotten a LOT better, I still enjoy the CoD formula a little more. Don't get me wrong, I've had a lot of fun with Halo 4, and I'm sure I'll continue to do so, but if Black Ops II retains the basic formula that made prior entries in the CoD series as fun as they are, then I have to believe that I'll enjoy it a bit more. Moreover, I play Halo for its campaigns and anything CoD-related for quick in-out multiplayer sessions.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#33 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

I can't really say because I haven't played either, but I will say that after watching tons of videos and reading about it, Black Ops 2 sparked my interest in a series that went away long ago. That game looks like a lot of fun.