Halo 3; celebs get free elite and zune

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sunnystarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 sunnystarz
Member since 2007 • 1536 Posts
http://www.tmz.com/2007/05/16/the-return-of-halo-and-jesse-metcalf/
Riantomeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Riantomeister
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
So?... why is this a topic @ a game site?... just another celeb buying cool stuff to his daughter, happens almost every day...
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I've never understood why celebrities get all this free stuff.  I'm hearing a few people say they're having problems getting an elite, and celebrities are getting free ones.... :roll:
ssj4_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ssj4_2004
Member since 2004 • 2482 Posts

That artical was so bad I think it gave me cancer :|

edubuccaneer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#5 edubuccaneer
Member since 2003 • 4071 Posts
I've never understood why celebrities get all this free stuff. I'm hearing a few people say they're having problems getting an elite, and celebrities are getting free ones.... :roll:JustPlainLucas

Hey, I'm a celebrity, and still haven't gotten one. So unfair, really. The pretty girls get it all, I tell ya!
VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts

That artical was so bad I think it gave me cancer :|

ssj4_2004

Hang your head in shame.

Madrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Madrone
Member since 2005 • 176 Posts
I've never understood why celebrities get all this free stuff.  I'm hearing a few people say they're having problems getting an elite, and celebrities are getting free ones.... :roll:JustPlainLucas
Its free advertising. Celebrities will get seen, photographed, and associated with said device. Same reason they pay celebrities to appear in commericals, except this is cheaper, and probalby more effective Genius really
nailerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 nailerr
Member since 2006 • 214 Posts

This is something that makes me very angry, as gamers and the actual people paying the majority into this industry we should be insulted - deeply - by the PR these corporations are pushing.  The majority of us who love games and the surrounding culture have real world jobs and spend a very large portion of our meagre income on their product.  I do not give a damn who these supposedly important people are but I am damn sure the majority of them care nearly nothing for these 'trinkets' they get for showing up, paid.

The whole show of games and movies being as one is a sham.  A lot of us do not prey to the television gods nearly so much as the generations before us and having to watch hordes of these plastic people trotted out and handed the products we strive to own is akin to just pissing on our doorsteps with a glowing smile, hand out waiting for us to pay for it.

I hate you, Hollywood.  I hate your television world with all your self loving cookie-cutter people.  And I want you to go far, far away.

Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts
Whenever I read one of these articles, all I can think is that if we have to put shallow, plastic people on a pedestal, can we at least put some people involved in videogames on said pedestal?
Madrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Madrone
Member since 2005 • 176 Posts

This is something that makes me very angry, as gamers and the actual people paying the majority into this industry we should be insulted - deeply - by the PR these corporations are pushing.  The majority of us who love games and the surrounding culture have real world jobs and spend a very large portion of our meagre income on their product.  I do not give a damn who these supposedly important people are but I am damn sure the majority of them care nearly nothing for these 'trinkets' they get for showing up, paid.

The whole show of games and movies being as one is a sham.  A lot of us do not prey to the television gods nearly so much as the generations before us and having to watch hordes of these plastic people trotted out and handed the products we strive to own is akin to just pissing on our doorsteps with a glowing smile, hand out waiting for us to pay for it.

I hate you, Hollywood.  I hate your television world with all your self loving cookie-cutter people.  And I want you to go far, far away.

nailerr

The actual people paying for the industry falls for crap like this, dont hate the Industry, if anyones to blame its us.

Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts
[QUOTE="nailerr"]

This is something that makes me very angry, as gamers and the actual people paying the majority into this industry we should be insulted - deeply - by the PR these corporations are pushing. The majority of us who love games and the surrounding culture have real world jobs and spend a very large portion of our meagre income on their product. I do not give a damn who these supposedly important people are but I am damn sure the majority of them care nearly nothing for these 'trinkets' they get for showing up, paid.

The whole show of games and movies being as one is a sham. A lot of us do not prey to the television gods nearly so much as the generations before us and having to watch hordes of these plastic people trotted out and handed the products we strive to own is akin to just pissing on our doorsteps with a glowing smile, hand out waiting for us to pay for it.

I hate you, Hollywood. I hate your television world with all your self loving cookie-cutter people. And I want you to go far, far away.

Madrone

The actual people paying for the industry falls for crap like this, dont hate the Industry, if anyones to blame its us.

I want to actively disassociate myself from everything celebrity-related. Am I excused? :P 

nailerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nailerr
Member since 2006 • 214 Posts

I understand, of course, the reasons behind such despicable clown shows and I understand it works.  I'm more sad than angry that so many people are lame-minded enough for it to be a viable method.  And by that we must be subject also.

sunnystarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 sunnystarz
Member since 2007 • 1536 Posts

So?... why is this a topic @ a game site?... just another celeb buying cool stuff to his daughter, happens almost every day...Riantomeister

why? b/c videogames make news on a non-videogames site!!! and the fact that MS is shelling almost $700 to these B-List Celebrities. (John Salley?) 

oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
well of course they are celebraties 
Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts

I've never understood why celebrities get all this free stuff. I'm hearing a few people say they're having problems getting an elite, and celebrities are getting free ones.... :roll:JustPlainLucas

Yeah and I've never understood why rich people receive large amounts of money from the bank for being rich. 

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
Well, celebrities can generally afford these things. Perhaps it would be better if all those gifts were handed out in competitions and stuff. Still, the image of a celeb holding a product is still a powerful marketing weapon.