Half as long, twice as bright - The PS Vita thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#301 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

What the heck? This thing wont let me set up my existing PSN account without updating the system software, but i cant do that until i set up a psn account.

this thing is supposed to be user friendly. wtf sony?

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#302 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

What the heck? This thing wont let me set up my existing PSN account without updating the system software, but i cant do that until i set up a psn account.

S0lidSnake
You need to cancel out of the PSN signup, from there it will say that the system is running in 'demo mode' or something similar. From there you can go settings and connect to your wifi and take care of all the other stuff. It took me a few minutes to figure that out and I was super pissed too. It'll be smooth sailing once you get connected to your network.
burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#303 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

I really wish I got Fifa as my free game with the Vita instead of Uncharted. I'm not really enjoying what I'm playing so far. To say the shooting is horrible is an understatement. I just cant get used to this horrible aiming. The whole game is just kinda meh so far. The platforming is standard Uncharted stuff and all the pointless mandatory touch stuff is annoying the hell out of me. It's worse than Uncharted 1 imo. Definitely should have got Fifa. But hey at least Micro mach....er I mean Motorstorm RC is awesome! Great game.

I also tried out the demo for Unit 13. Unlike Uncharted, the controls for aiming and shooting are actually good! I had great fun with the demo, and I might end up getting the game when it comes out. Don't really have anything bad to say about that demo. It was just a really fun shooter with great controls.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 rragnaar

The flickr app is really handy for uploading screenshots. Here are a few from the games I've got:

This kind of online integration is going to be great. Being able to take screenshots and share them so easily is really nice.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

rragnaar

You need to cancel out of the PSN signup, from there it will say that the system is running in 'demo mode' or something similar. From there you can go settings and connect to your wifi and take care of all the other stuff. It took me a few minutes to figure that out and I was super pissed too. It'll be smooth sailing once you get connected to your network.

I didnt see anything that let me cancel out. I had to create a trial psn account which amounted to basically putting the date in. But yeah im in. Just tried the Welcome Center and wow at the responsiveness of the touchscreen.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#306 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
Awesome screens Rag, makes me really regret buying a psp for 150 last year. I could have put that money towards a vita...or saved it...or spent it on anything else :P
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#307 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Those are awesome shots, Rrag. That shooting game, what is it? Looks right up my alley. Problem with me purchasing a Vita right now is, although the launch lineup is good, there just aren't alot of games that are "my type" of games, aside from Uncharted, which is supposedly kinda "meh". I'd definitely get Stardust Delta and maybe Lumines, but puzzle games have a problem holding my long-term interest. Very curious about S0lids impressions as well.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 rragnaar

Those are awesome shots, Rrag. That shooting game, what is it? Looks right up my alley. Problem with me purchasing a Vita right now is, although the launch lineup is good, there just aren't alot of games that are "my type" of games, aside from Uncharted, which is supposedly kinda "meh". I'd definitely get Stardust Delta and maybe Lumines, but puzzle games have a problem holding my long-term interest. Very curious about S0lids impressions as well.

Jbul

It is called Unit 13. It is pretty fun. It is a mission based third person shooter. You die pretty easily so being stealthy is really important. There are 36 missions in the game and there is an option to play any of those areas with randomly generated objectives, so it seems like it will have decent replay value.

edit: Both it and Hot Shots Golf have daily challenges to participate in and competitive leaderboards.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 rragnaar
Awesome screens Rag, makes me really regret buying a psp for 150 last year. I could have put that money towards a vita...or saved it...or spent it on anything else :PF1Lengend
I always hate thinking back on times where I've wasted a bunch of money. I keep trying to be better about it, but well... I kinda suck at saving money.
Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

I just downloaded the Netflix app. It looks alright, but the app itself is really sluggish. I'm also downloading the Unit 13 demo and trying to see what else they've put up on the store. This is one of the latest updates Sony has ever done and everything that is up is only available via search right now. Dumbness.

rragnaar
I can't believe they still don't have a Vita specific section for the Store. What do they pay these people? I only have Uncharted so far, but it's great. it's more Uncharted. Can't get enough of the most charming mass murderer in gaming.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 S0lidSnake

Okay, I think I've tried enough apps and games to give semi detailed impressions of the device. So far, it's been everything I was expecting and then some.

• The screen. That's the first thing you notice. It's big. It's in your face and it makes the Vita look like something out of the future.
  • They will take some getting used to, but a million times better than analog nubs/disks of the original PSP.
  • The gyroscope is used brilliantly in Uncharted. You can move the Vita around like you'd a camera and it Vita detects it and moves the camera in Uncharted accordingly.
  • Uncharted looks like Uncharted 1. I've never seen graphics this good on a handheld. Been gaming at 1080p on PC for the past few months, and I was still blown away by the artstyIe and that jungle.
  • Love how easy it is to close applications and games. Just swipe down and be done with it.
  • Love how many apps you can have open at once and still play Uncharted. This thing is a beast. Flicker, group messaging, facebook, party chat, trophies, PSN store, demos, all running in the background. Brilliant.
  • Unit 13. How can something that looks so generic be so freaking addictive? It's very arcadey so getting headshots, chaining headshots to score max points is probably why. But the game looks great, and plays great. Great implemenation of touch controls. I've bought three games already, and was ready to buy this today, but apparently its not for sale yet.
  • Fifa's rear touchpad implementation. Still getting used to the passing, but the rear touchpad which works as a goal post is quite brilliant.
  • Flickr. What rag said. Easy to upload pics.
  • Start+PS Button takes screenshots of whatever is on your screen. Ingame, in an app, while chatting, whatever. It's pretty cool.
  • Welcome Center minigames. Kinda cool tbh. Especially the one microphone one.
  • Very responive touchscreen controls.
  • The game boxes are so small they are awesome. (No I wont use cute to describe Vita again... even though i really really want to here.)
  • The UI. Best UI in gaming?
  • Feels like playing the console versions of games. Enhanced versions. Not watered down. This is key because FIFA is the same fifa on consoles with touchscreen controls. It looks like FIFA on consoles, it plays like FIFA on consoles. Same with Uncharted. Great writing, great acting, not so good aiming, (but then again Uncharted 3 had terrible aiming lol) and great graphics. Unit 13 plays even better than Socom. Looks ok, but Zipper isnt known to be a graphics champ. I feel i can play the next CoD and RE6 on this with little to no hit on graphics and have an improved control scheme. This isn't like the original PSP/PS2 situation. Let's see what Sony does.
  • AMAZING launch lineup. I didnt want to play anything but Uncharted, and after the meh reviews i didnt even want to play that. But it's fun. Unit 13 is fun. It's got great console games like Marvel VS Capcom, Rayman Origins, Fifa, MLB The Show, Mortal Kombat running on it with a better control scheme, on that awesome OLED screen. Why would I buy the console versions? Especially since aside from Mortal Kombat, I havent played them.

It looks much better on the Vita screen.

Dislikes:

• UI is a bit inconsitent. You should be able to flip menus, but you are supposed to click on the next button.
  • Uncharted has s***ty aiming. The reticule is way too sensitive when you start moving it. Need to fix acceleration. Can probably be patched.
  • Uncharted has some minor graphics issues like shimmering and aliasing. But still manages to look stunning.
  • Tough to use the keyboard because the unit is so big. My thumbs cant reach the middle keys/letters lol.
  • Internet Browser is still slow. not as bad as the PS3 one, but still not as good as the iPhone one.
  • No Skype.
  • Facebook app doesn't allow you to upload pics. I wanted to upload Uncharted screenshots via Vita.
  • Uncharted's in game camera system is ingenious but why cant i save those pics on my vita? It's the little things Sony.
  • PSN Store still kinda meh. Okay for people like me who dont mind browsing around but it needs to be more user friendly and pleasing to the eyes.
  • Cant charge using the USB plugged into PC. WTF?
  • Biggest one though is that you dont get messages straight away. The quickest you can get them is every 15 minutes when it performs a sync. Really lame.

So there you have it. 6 hours of impresions. Mostly positive with a few minor issues that will most likely get ironed out. Should you buy it? Yes. The hardware is slick, sure, but the software and the interface is what will keep you coming back. These arent games that will win GOTYs or define a system, and are 7-8 range at best, but they are a collection of really solid games that will keep you busy for a long time. It's the best launch line up ever. It's not going to replace your phone, and it's too big for you to carry around in your jeans, but it's the sleakest gaming device out there.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 rragnaar

I think I'm done with Unit 13, as it has frozen my Vita up three times now. I'm having a hard time getting it unfrozen. Fingers crossed guys. I don't want a bricked system.:(

edit: nevermind. I'm good now. You just have to hold the power button down for a LOT longer than I would have guessed. No other game has frozen on me, so I hope that it is just because Unit 13 is unfinished.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 Jbul

Great detailed impressions, Solid. I'm very tempted to run out tomorrow and get one, seems like I'd really like Uncharted as well. Just wish it wasn't $50! F***! :P

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#314 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts
I messed around a lot yesterday and downloaded a lot of games including Blazblue, Rayman, Luminees, Mutant Blob, Escape Plan and my favorite PS Vita compatible PSP games but didn't really dive into any of the games until my morning train/bus ride, which was almost completely consumed by a long Luminees session (more beautiful than ever and just as hypnotic as ever), though I did get in a bit of Rayman (which boasts fluid controls and visuals that could be confused for a cartoon). Based on the strength of the Ubisoft games alone, the Vita has had a good launch. I also enjoyed the tiny bit of Mutant Blob I played yesterday (the blob is like a cross between Katamari and Loco Roco) though I stopped playing when the music cut out. Given all the games I have to play, it may be a few days before I get back to it, at which time I hope it has been patched. I haven't played the Uncharted demo yet (though I downloaded it this morning) but Unit 13 (which I wasn't expecting much from) is really fun and boasts great control and impressive audiovisuals. When it hits in 2 weeks I'll be there. I tried to sign up for the 3G service (not because I need 3G at this time, but because I want Super Stardust Delta), but I guess I did something wrong, because AT&T wouldn't let me procede without a cellphone number.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 S0lidSnake

Great detailed impressions, Solid. I'm very tempted to run out tomorrow and get one, seems like I'd really like Uncharted as well. Just wish it wasn't $50! F***! :P

Jbul

its $40 at target. and with a buy 2 get 1 free deal, you can get three games for $80. so it will cost you even less.

Just dont go in with high expectations and you will be alright. Gamespot's 7 sounds about right, but i love me some sexy graphics and collectibles and this game has a million of them. All of them you can share with nerds near* you. ;p

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

S0lidSnake

its $40 at target. and with a buy 2 get 1 free deal, you can get three games for $80. so it will cost you even less.

Just dont go in with high expectations and you will be alright. Gamespot's 7 sounds about right, but i love me some sexy graphics and collectibles and this game has a million of them. All of them you can share with nerds near* you. ;p

Then get Rayman.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

CarnageHeart

Then get Rayman.

I did. :P

Picked up Rayman, Ucnharted and MVC3 from Amazon.

BTW, have you tried Near? I really like its interface, looks like something Nintendo would've designed. The person nearest me has with the exact same Avatar as me, and since my avatar came with the preorder of Ghost Of Sparta, i know he's got good taste. lol.

That said I have only 8 people in my 3Km radius with Vitas. :(

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

S0lidSnake

Then get Rayman.

I did. :P

Picked up Rayman, Ucnharted and MVC3 from Amazon.

BTW, have you tried Near? I really like its interface, looks like something Nintendo would've designed. The person nearest me has with the exact same Avatar as me, and since my avatar came with the preorder of Ghost Of Sparta, i know he's got good taste. lol.

That said I have only 8 people in my 3Km radius with Vitas. :(

I haven't tried Near yet but right now my Vita is tied up in a massive data transfer (I'm putting The Dark Knight on it) so I can't test it at the moment. Oddly, I have got a couple of friend requests since I got my Vita, which is weird since I've barely played my PS3 in that timespan, so perhaps others are using Near.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 S0lidSnake

I haven't tried Near yet but right now my Vita is tied up in a massive data transfer (I'm putting The Dark Knight on it) so I can't test it at the moment. Oddly, I have got a couple of friend requests since I got my Vita, which is weird since I've barely played my PS3 in that timespan, so perhaps others are using Near.

CarnageHeart

I dont think they can see you unless you set up Near. The app asks you if you want to share your PSN ID during setup.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 Jbul

Went into Target today and finally saw a Vita for use. Since I know I'll eventually buy it, I didn't spend too much time, but god damn if that screen isn't huge, and beautiful. The unit also felt really good in my hands. They were out of Uncharted and a few other games, which is annoying, but whatever. I might get one tomorrow, and if not, Sunday. I just hope Target still has that 4GB Memory Card (which comes free when you buy it there) in stock by then.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 S0lidSnake

Went into Target today and finally saw a Vita for use. Since I know I'll eventually buy it, I didn't spend too much time, but god damn if that screen isn't huge, and beautiful. The unit also felt really good in my hands. They were out of Uncharted and a few other games, which is annoying, but whatever. I might get one tomorrow, and if not, Sunday. I just hope Target still has that 4GB Memory Card (which comes free when you buy it there) in stock by then.

Jbul

Toys R Us has Uncharted for $40. But i dont think they have the buy 2 get 1 free though they may price match target. I personally think Rayman and MVC3 are better games.

And my god! MVC3 is the best looking handheld game i've ever seen. Uncharted was king for not even a day lol. THe game runs at 60 fps, it looks beautiful and moves even better. I was just blown away. Now i am super pissed that SF X Tekken Vita was delayed. it would've been a key release. Wtf Sony, wtf?!

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 Jbul

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

S0lidSnake

Toys R Us has Uncharted for $40. But i dont think they have the buy 2 get 1 free though they may price match target. I personally think Rayman and MVC3 are better games.

And my god! MVC3 is the best looking handheld game i've ever seen. Uncharted was king for not even a day lol. THe game runs at 60 fps, it looks beautiful and moves even better. I was just blown away. Now i am super pissed that SF X Tekken Vita was delayed. it would've been a key release. Wtf Sony, wtf?!

Rayman has gotta be the best launch game. Unfortunately, I already own it for the 360. UMVC3 doesn't sound bad at all, I liked the original, but thought the online portion was horrific (as I said, I haven't played Ultimate). Have you tried playing against people online? How's the lobby system? Can you watch fights? Is it easy to find matches?

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 S0lidSnake

Have you tried playing against people online? How's the lobby system? Can you watch fights? Is it easy to find matches?

Jbul

I did try playing online. DIdnt find anyone. Went into a lobby with like7 other people. Had no idea wtf was going on. Terrible interface. I guess there was an option to spectate but it didnt put me in a match or let me send out a battle invite. Maybe i will try again but i had no idea how to try the online portion.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

S0lidSnake

I dont think they can see you unless you set up Near. The app asks you if you want to share your PSN ID during setup.

Good to know. There are 5 people in my area with Vitas.

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#326 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

Have you tried playing against people online? How's the lobby system? Can you watch fights? Is it easy to find matches?

S0lidSnake

I did try playing online. DIdnt find anyone. Went into a lobby with like7 other people. Had no idea wtf was going on. Terrible interface. I guess there was an option to spectate but it didnt put me in a match or let me send out a battle invite. Maybe i will try again but i had no idea how to try the online portion.

Sounds like the original MVC3, I only played that recently and it took an age for me to work out how to que up in a lobby. Then I just got juggled to death by some hardcore fighter that broke the combo system. I only hit the ground twice with 3 characters. Terrible XD
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

S0lidSnake

I haven't seen MvC3, but Blazblue (which also runs at 60) also boasts amazing graphics. Right now I am still wading through the tutorials (its cool how the tutorials are fully voiced,even if the voice is describing the arcade labels of the buttons) but thus far, I've had no problems pulling off any of the moves.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 S0lidSnake

I am addicted to the fifa demo right now. The rear touchpad makes it so much more intuitive and easier. Easily the best implmentation of it so far. Everyone should try it.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 S0lidSnake

Okay, Uncharted is kinda cool. It basically fixes my one big complaint with the console Uncharteds which is too much action, not enough adventure/exploring. So far the first two chapters have been 9 0% adventure, and I am loving it. I understand not everyone is into collecting treasures and stuff, so Golden Abyss might not appeal to everyone, but for me finding secret areas, solving puzzles and treasures is as good as it gets. Every chapter has its own set of hidden secrets... some require collecting hidden treasures, some require taking photos, others require you solving minor puzzles that dont require much thought but it's nice that there is something to do besides shooting and jumping. You also pick up rare cards you can trade by headshotting people, stuff you can trade.I have no idea how to use Near to trade items but Gdogg sent me one that i was able to redeem easily. There are also 17 people near my area so thats good.

The best thing about the treasures is that Drake comments everytime you find somethign. Sometimes even the supporting characters would chime in. Speaking of supporting characters, I'm loving Chase. She complements Nate nicely, and brings the kind of spunk that was dearly missed in Uncharted 3. Drake is at his funniest, most interesinting when surrounded by characters and so far the two characters have given him ample oppurtunity to shine.

The graphics dont impress me that much anymore after playing the awesome looking Rayman and MVC3... there are too many jaggies for my taste, but man the art direction is top notch. The jungle just looks so pretty. This is the setting I've been dying to play since the first Ucharted and it's here. I am really content with this game so far, not blown away like i was with the console Uncharteds but this is a really interesting game that I dont think most of us will regret buying.

P.S I thought the shooting was atrocious until i realized you could adjust your aim using the gyro controls. It really helps lining up headshots. Still, it's disappointing to play yet another uncharted with bizzare aiming problems. How tough can it be to implement responsive aiming controls?

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts
The graphics dont impress me that much anymore after playing the awesome looking Rayman and MVC3... there are too many jaggies for my taste, but man the art direction is top notch. The jungle just looks so pretty.S0lidSnake
It definitely looks far less impressive once you move away from the jungle environs, unfortunately. I haven't actually had any issues aiming with the stick, I actually felt like I was nailing head shots more consistently in this game than I was in Uncharted 2.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 Jbul

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

S0lidSnake

And my god! MVC3 is the best looking handheld game i've ever seen. Uncharted was king for not even a day lol. THe game runs at 60 fps, it looks beautiful and moves even better. I was just blown away. Now i am super pissed that SF X Tekken Vita was delayed. it would've been a key releaSse. Wtf Sony, wtf?!

Interesting. It actually sounds like Uncharted could be my favorite launch game. Definitely would pick it up If you buy the 3G bundle, what PSN games can you choose from (the free game offer)?

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 CarnageHeart

I decided to skip the exhaustive tutorials (for now) and just jump into Blazblue. I picked the squirrel girl and did pretty well against the first couple opponents, but this massive red guy (Zangief on stronger steroids with cybernetic enhancements) beat me repeatedly. I would have beaten him eventually (steady improvement plus the law of averages) but then my younger brother stopped by and I let him play for a while. He was really blown away. He's planning on picking up a Vita in the next few months.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]The graphics dont impress me that much anymore after playing the awesome looking Rayman and MVC3... there are too many jaggies for my taste, but man the art direction is top notch. The jungle just looks so pretty.Randolph
It definitely looks far less impressive once you move away from the jungle environs, unfortunately. I haven't actually had any issues aiming with the stick, I actually felt like I was nailing head shots more consistently in this game than I was in Uncharted 2.

Really? It was impossible for me to aim especially since the crosshair doesn't do anything when you hover over the enemy. In KZ and CoD, the crosshair goes red and it helps as an indicator saying you are making contact. THe crosshair also had the repelling effect of Uncharted 3's aiming where the aim assist actually pushes the crosshair away from the enemy instead of sticking to it. Maybe it was the gyro censors. Like I said, once i realized the gyro was in effect, the aiming became a whole lot easier. now i'm conflicted whether or not I should turn off the gyro assist.

Jbul, you only get the free game if you subscribe to a month of A&T's service. So that's another $25 you have to spend before you can redeem a $15 game. (You can go with the cheaper $15 plan but that would only get 250MB per month) You cant game online with 3G anyway because it's not fast enough for most online games. So forget about CoD or Mortal Kombat on 3G. I dont have a 3G Vita, maybe Carnage can tell you if it's worth it, but unless you are really into the Near application and keeping track of everywhere you've been, I wouldnt recommend it. Your cellphone does all the other apps on 3G better anyway.

Go with the $50 cheaper Wifi version, buy from Amazon and get the 4GB card free, and spend that extra $75 you were going to spend on the 3G version to buy 3 games using the buy 1 get free deals. BTW, it's Toys R us that's selling Uncharted for $40, not target though they may price match it. Toys R Us also offering a $20 gift card if you spend $50 or more on Vita games and accessories.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 S0lidSnake

I decided to skip the exhaustive tutorials (for now) and just jump into Blazblue. I picked the squirrel girl and did pretty well against the first couple opponents, but this massive red guy (Zangief on stronger steroids with cybernetic enhancements) beat me repeatedly. I would have beaten him eventually (steady improvement plus the law of averages) but then my younger brother stopped by and I let him play for a while. He was really blown away. He's planning on picking up a Vita in the next few months.

CarnageHeart

I showed off the Vita at work and everyone was blown away by it. It's a slick piece of tech. The wallpapers especially make it look so sexy. Has anyone figured out how to customize the Live Area screen? I didnt even know you could do that. Now my bubbles/apps are neatly organized by PSN games, psn apps, and multimedia apps. As always the following screenshots look a million times better on that awesome OLED screen.

P.S Last night at around 1AM, i decided to resync Near and it said there were 27 people playing near me. 27! that's like 3X as many as there were on launch day. I really hope this thing sells well. Though I am not expecting PSP launch numbers (500K). I'd be happy with 300K.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 S0lidSnake

# of People playing near me has jumped to 46! That's a big jump from only 8 on launch night. I dont even know if that number means good sales for the Vita, but surely it's better than 8!

Also, Uncharted is a big hit, over half of the people near me have played it. Yay!

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="Randolph"][QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]The graphics dont impress me that much anymore after playing the awesome looking Rayman and MVC3... there are too many jaggies for my taste, but man the art direction is top notch. The jungle just looks so pretty.S0lidSnake

Really? It was impossible for me to aim especially since the crosshair doesn't do anything when you hover over the enemy. In KZ and CoD, the crosshair goes red and it helps as an indicator saying you are making contact. THe crosshair also had the repelling effect of Uncharted 3's aiming where the aim assist actually pushes the crosshair away from the enemy instead of sticking to it. Maybe it was the gyro censors. Like I said, once i realized the gyro was in effect, the aiming became a whole lot easier. now i'm conflicted whether or not I should turn off the gyro assist.

Jbul, you only get the free game if you subscribe to a month of A&T's service. So that's another $25 you have to spend before you can redeem a $15 game. (You can go with the cheaper $15 plan but that would only get 250MB per month) You cant game online with 3G anyway because it's not fast enough for most online games. So forget about CoD or Mortal Kombat on 3G. I dont have a 3G Vita, maybe Carnage can tell you if it's worth it, but unless you are really into the Near application and keeping track of everywhere you've been, I wouldnt recommend it. Your cellphone does all the other apps on 3G better anyway.

Go with the $50 cheaper Wifi version, buy from Amazon and get the 4GB card free, and spend that extra $75 you were going to spend on the 3G version to buy 3 games using the buy 1 get free deals. BTW, it's Toys R us that's selling Uncharted for $40, not target though they may price match it. Toys R Us also offering a $20 gift card if you spend $50 or more on Vita games and accessories.

Not yet it isn't. As I've said before, I'm hoping games heavy on user created content (whose levels tend to be very small in terms of memory) such as LBP and Sound Shapes will change that.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 Jbul

Finally had a night off and wanted to do some (Vita) shopping. RANT ALERT! Why the f** can't big retail chains get their employees to answer phones? Every Target I called (3 or 4) and Best Buy (2 different locations) failed to pick up, even for general customer service. To hell if I'm going to give these idiots my time or money. The only person who actually picked up was an 80-something Walmart operator who couldn't understand me, and transferred me to the wrong department. I'm gonna wait for tomorrow's ads for deals (which is unlikely since they all had deals this last week on Vita stuff) and probaably jjust end up getting it on Amazon.. although I hate paying for shipping, and/or waiting 3-4 days for my s*** to arrive. /END RANT :P

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 Jbul

OK, Amazon rules. I just ordered my Vita, it should be here Wednesday. Got the system and a memory card for $249.98 (including shipping), no tax. Now I have a few days to shop for games :P

So excited!

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 F1Lengend

# of People playing near me has jumped to 46! That's a big jump from only 8 on launch night. I dont even know if that number means good sales for the Vita, but surely it's better than 8!

Also, Uncharted is a big hit, over half of the people near me have played it. Yay!

S0lidSnake
Holy crap, are there even 46 people in Ohio?? :p
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

S0lidSnake

I showed off the Vita at work and everyone was blown away by it. It's a slick piece of tech. The wallpapers especially make it look so sexy. Has anyone figured out how to customize the Live Area screen? I didnt even know you could do that. Now my bubbles/apps are neatly organized by PSN games, psn apps, and multimedia apps. As always the following screenshots look a million times better on that awesome OLED screen.

P.S Last night at around 1AM, i decided to resync Near and it said there were 27 people playing near me. 27! that's like 3X as many as there were on launch day. I really hope this thing sells well. Though I am not expecting PSP launch numbers (500K). I'd be happy with 300K.

Wow, you've really dived into your Vita. I haven't done any of that stuff yet. Now I'm motivated to do so primarily by the Gravity Daze wallpaper (the demo is awesome).

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

F1Lengend

Holy crap, are there even 46 people in Ohio?? :p

80 now.....

67 playing Uncharted alone. Who knew people who voted for Bush twice had good taste. :P

P.S Only two in my friends list are playing Uncharted. Where is the Inception, 'Son I am disappoint jpg' where you need one. Jbul, you better get Uncharted!

P.P.S Carnage, you should try the AR games. The Cliff Diving one is the most impressive. I was like whoa that's better than 3D! The fireworks one was ok, but it's an endurance test for leaderboards. I played for like 5 minutes straight and didnt only made it to 8K on the leaderboards. The table soccer one is the deepest of all games but i coldnt get used to the touchscreen controls.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 S0lidSnake

Wow, you've really dived into your Vita. I haven't done any of that stuff yet. Now I'm motivated to do so primarily by the Gravity Daze wallpaper (the demo is awesome).

CarnageHeart

Here you go:

Nice thing is that you can upload it to your Vita at the same res and it will scale it automatically. It looks stunning on the screen.

You can find more here at gaf.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 Jbul

Oh Solid, I will definitely be getting Uncharted. No question. Probably Lumines too, then a few downloadable games (which are already looking promising as hell, good job Sony).

Amazon just emailed me and told me they shipped the memory card early, it'll be here tomorrow. C'mon guys, ship that damn Vita early, too :P

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 Jbul

One more thing I wanted to mention to you crazy bastards -- just browsing the Interwebz for info on the Vita, I found a NeoGaf thread where people were discussing "tethering" your Wi-Fi Vita to your Smart Phone for 3G Functionality, only downside being that it drains your Smart Phone battery. Still, since we all (presumably) have Smart Phones, I found this to be a very cool idea.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 S0lidSnake

92 people playing Uncharted near me and not one of them have a bounty card to trade. Such losers!

Jbul, do you mean you can use your 3G plan for your cellphone for your Vita as well? Not sure if im following you.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 CarnageHeart

Oh Solid, I will definitely be getting Uncharted. No question. Probably Lumines too, then a few downloadable games (which are already looking promising as hell, good job Sony).

Amazon just emailed me and told me they shipped the memory card early, it'll be here tomorrow. C'mon guys, ship that damn Vita early, too :P

Jbul

I highly recommend Attack of the Mutant Blobs. It kind of snuck out there with little fanfare, but its a great game,an interesting but nontraditional platformer in which your character has some cool abilities (foremost of which is magnetism).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD8heLPLdWc

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 Jbul

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

CarnageHeart

I highly recommend Attack of the Mutant Blobs. It kind of snuck out there with little fanfare, but its a great game,an interesting but nontraditional platformer in which your character has some cool abilities (foremost of which is magnetism).

Definitely on my radar. I might get Stardust Delta and RC Motorstorm as well, likely try out a bunch of demos too -- really looking forward to trying Gravity Rush.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 F1Lengend
What's the word on escape plan? That was one of titles I was interested in when the launch was announced.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

Jbul

Definitely on my radar. I might get Stardust Delta and RC Motorstorm as well, likely try out a bunch of demos too -- really looking forward to trying Gravity Rush.

At least in the US, the Gravity Rush demo isn't on PSN, though it is on store's demo units (I played it at a Target).

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#350 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

Has anybody tried out A Men yet? I think it's awesome and hilarious! The trial has 4 levels, and I found it quite fun. It's a pretty cool puzzle game based on the trial, and it references so many memes and video game stuff. I laughed so many times playing the trial. I won't be getting the full game just yet since I'll want to keep playing Uncharted, Motorstorm RC and Escape plan until I get bored of those before I get anything else. Anybody have the full game? If so, what's your opinion of the full game?