Half as long, twice as bright - The PS Vita thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#451 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

The Daily Challenge in Unit 13 was rough.

Still, ranked 2nd on the leaderboards. muahahaha!

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#452 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

S0lidSnake

That is absurd. Clearly there isn't any quality competition :P

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#453 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts
[QUOTE="Jbul"]

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

Haha you guys are competitive. Motorstorm RC is fun but I feel the controls are wonky, I keep steering the wrong way and getting stuck. Glad it was free. I guess I will get used to it,. I do like the tracks and the air you get. Feels good when your not crashing or going the wrong way. Have to play some Unit 13 was busy tonight with guests, so no play time.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#454 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts
I've downloaded Plants vs Zombies, Unit 13 and Motorstorm, but the only game I've played is Motorstorm (I was really busy yesterday). The controls are great and I love the design of the tracks and the nature of the challenges (pass a bunch of cars, beat a certain time, etc) I've encountered thus far. Nice soundtrack too (not licensed as per the series norm, but its catchy and it fits). During the commute back home I'm going to give Unit 13 a shot.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455 S0lidSnake

I had issues with the controls in motorstorm, kept turning in the wrong direction. I read on gaf that you can remap the controls to the trigger and the dpad so i will try that.

the game was a lot of fun when i wasnt crashing into walls.

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456 _Bear
[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

I had issues with the controls in motorstorm, kept turning in the wrong direction. I read on gaf that you can remap the controls to the trigger and the dpad so i will try that.

the game was a lot of fun when i wasnt crashing into walls.

Even with wonky controls I still beat your time ! LOL catch me if you can.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#457 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Grand Theft Auto Coming To Playstation Vita

It's not GTA V, but at least a GTA is coming, along with some other games, like Tales Of Innocence R.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 S0lidSnake

It's not GTA V, but at least a GTA is coming, along with some other games, like Tales Of Innocence R.

Metamania

It's fake. gamespot didnt bother doing any fact checking and just went with a photoshop pick.

these games were never listed on play.com, if only they had checked.....

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

S0lidSnake

It's fake. gamespot didnt bother doing any fact checking and just went with a photoshop pick.

Really? Wow. Sorry to report false information! :(

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

Really? Wow. Sorry to report false information! :(

Dont apologize for Gamespot's incompetence. It's not your fault. TThey didnt even bother checking the play.com website for the listing. They just took the story from eurogamer and vg247.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

Jbul

You bastard, you bought the game just to beat my scores didnt you! I come back home today to see all my scores topped.

It's personal now!

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462 Jbul

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

S0lidSnake

You bastard, you bought the game just to beat my scores didnt you! I come back home today to see all my scores topped.

It's personal now!

F***ing right I did. ;P No, I bought it because I loved the arcade shooting in the demo. Plus, having a few friends playing it is a big part of the appeal of the game. It's actually my first full-digital purchase, ever. Couldn't find it at any stores (!?), so I figured why not save $8-$10 by downloading it?

Anyway, the game is fun. Reminds me of a crazy mix of Ghost Recon and Socom. Combat is super-lethal for all parties, and you can die within a second if you fail to survey your surroundings for enemy positions and emplacements. I enjoyed the one stealth mission I've played so far (only done about 5 missions), and as of this morning, I was in the top 10 or 12 in the entire world on a few of those levels. I'm sure that'll change when more people get the game though. And yes, it's fun crushing your friends' scores. The best part is the shooting though. Feels superb. And yeah, it's a little easy to headshot fools, but you are playing an Elite Special forces operative, so it shouldn't be excrutiatingly difficult, right? The game still manages to be challenging regardless, even early on in some levels. I can't imagine how gnarly stuff gets later on.

And about co-op.... how does voice chat work on the Vita? Do I need to bust out my Bluetooth headset? Or does it use the Mic on the Vita? That would be too cool, probably too good to be true.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 S0lidSnake

F***ing right I did. ;P No, I bought it because I loved the arcade shooting in the demo. Plus, having a few friends playing it is a big part of the appeal of the game. It's actually my first full-digital purchase, ever. Couldn't find it at any stores (!?), so I figured why not save $8-$10 by downloading it?

Anyway, the game is fun. Reminds me of a crazy mix of Ghost Recon and Socom. Combat is super-lethal for all parties, and you can die within a second if you fail to survey your surroundings for enemy positions and emplacements. I enjoyed the one stealth mission I've played so far (only done about 5 missions), and as of this morning, I was in the top 10 or 12 in the entire world on a few of those levels. I'm sure that'll change when more people get the game though. And yes, it's fun crushing your friends' scores. The best part is the shooting though. Feels superb. And yeah, it's a little easy to headshot fools, but you are playing an Elite Special forces operative, so it shouldn't be excrutiatingly difficult, right? The game still manages to be challenging regardless, even early on in some levels. I can't imagine how gnarly stuff gets later on.

And about co-op.... how does voice chat work on the Vita? Do I need to bust out my Bluetooth headset? Or does it use the Mic on the Vita? That would be too cool, probably too good to be true.

Jbul

lol of course it has a mic. it's got party chat.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 Jbul

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

S0lidSnake

lol of course it has a mic. it's got party chat.

I probably should've read my Vita manual! :cool:

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 S0lidSnake

Okay, I need to b*** about the Vita for a minute.

The messaging system sucks. Why do i gotta wait 15 minutes to send/receive a message? If I want to organize a game with Jbul, I have to send him a message. Wait 15 minutes until he receives it, then 15 more minutes to receive his message. WTF kinda BS is that?

What's worse is that Uncharted disables all network features so i cant receive his messages at all. Missed two party invites yesterday.I dont even think party invites go in realtime, because i waited like ten minutes after sending Jbul a party invite. I dont think he received it straight away. Regardless, this needs to change. It's absurd.

Now, im gonna talk about how awesome Uncharted is. Chapter 24 and 25 are some of the prettiest levels i've ever seen. I am truly stunned by the detail and scenary at show here. Remarkable stuff considering it's a launch title. Yes, there are slow downs and yes there are jaggies everywhere ruining a beautiful jungle, but man it looks sooo good. Sony Bend needs another chance at Uncharted. They deserve it. I cant even imagine how great this game will look with some proper AA and full native resolution. Simply amazing.

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466 _Bear

Yes the message system kind of sucks, I'm wondering about that party chat deal ? Have you tried it yet?

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 S0lidSnake

Yes the message system kind of sucks, I'm wondering about that party chat deal ? Have you tried it yet?

_Bear

i've sent Jbul two invitations, he didnt join once.......

send me an invite next time you see me on if you want to try it.

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468 _Bear
Ok will give it a try next time I'm on, Mass Effect 3 is keeping me busy now.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 Metamania

Is this true?

I hope GS isn't reporting false info again?

0rbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 0rbs
Member since 2007 • 1947 Posts

I have not been able to put mine down ever since I bought it. Love LOVE this handheld.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#471 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

Is this true?

Metamania
Yup, it is true. They announced that along with Phantasy Star Online 2 and some other stuff I don't remember. I know Atlus will do it, but I really wish they'd confirm that Persona 4 on the Vita will be released outside of Japan.
EXEraserVS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 EXEraserVS
Member since 2011 • 346 Posts

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Is this true?

rragnaar

Yup, it is true. They announced that along with Phantasy Star Online 2 and some other stuff I don't remember. I know Atlus will do it, but I really wish they'd confirm that Persona 4 on the Vita will be released outside of Japan.

It's coming. If that Persona fighting game is coming, you can be sure that Persona 4 is also coming.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="Jbul"]That is absurd. Clearly there isn't any quality competition :P

Jbul

It's personal now!

I love the feel of the combat in Unit 13. Individual bullets are actually dangerous (what a concept!) and someone on the design team put a scary amount of time into death animations.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474 CarnageHeart

Interesting lecture about the development of Gravity Daze at the link. June is going to be awesome.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/165355/GDC_2012_Defining_the_living_background_of_Gravity_Rush.php

In the PlayStation Vita game, which releases in the West this June, the main character can control gravity, allowing her to freely navigate the game's open world environment and stand on any surface.

"Since you're able to stand on any location in the environment it motivates you to view the terrain from any angle," says Yamaguchi.

"This approach that we took is almost the opposite of level designing, where everything is calculated and the player is left to follow the path that was created in the creator's head."

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 Jbul

Okay, I need to b*** about the Vita for a minute.

The messaging system sucks. Why do i gotta wait 15 minutes to send/receive a message? If I want to organize a game with Jbul, I have to send him a message. Wait 15 minutes until he receives it, then 15 more minutes to receive his message. WTF kinda BS is that?

What's worse is that Uncharted disables all network features so i cant receive his messages at all. Missed two party invites yesterday.I dont even think party invites go in realtime, because i waited like ten minutes after sending Jbul a party invite. I dont think he received it straight away. Regardless, this needs to change. It's absurd.

Now, im gonna talk about how awesome Uncharted is. Chapter 24 and 25 are some of the prettiest levels i've ever seen. I am truly stunned by the detail and scenary at show here. Remarkable stuff considering it's a launch title. Yes, there are slow downs and yes there are jaggies everywhere ruining a beautiful jungle, but man it looks sooo good. Sony Bend needs another chance at Uncharted. They deserve it. I cant even imagine how great this game will look with some proper AA and full native resolution. Simply amazing.

S0lidSnake

I didn't ignore the invites -- I just didn't see them until 20 minutes after you sent them. Also, you're right about the messaging system being almost non-functional. MANY games log you off of PSN when you play them, so even though you appear online, you never get the messages until you quit to the Live Area. For instance -- I keep my Vita in Standby (or sleep) mode when I'm not using it, and it apparently makes it appear as I'm online and active, because I looked at my Vita and I had 2 invites (one from you) and a bunch of messages from people to play games, when in fact I hadn't touched my Vita in over 24 hours. Weird.

Like you said, Sony needs to polish this system tremendously. There's good ideas there, but they need some tweaking.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 S0lidSnake

I didn't ignore the invites -- I just didn't see them until 20 minutes after you sent them. Also, you're right about the messaging system being almost non-functional. MANY games log you off of PSN when you play them, so even though you appear online, you never get the messages until you quit to the Live Area. For instance -- I keep my Vita in Standby (or sleep) mode when I'm not using it, and it apparently makes it appear as I'm online and active, because I looked at my Vita and I had 2 invites (one from you) and a bunch of messages from people to play games, when in fact I hadn't touched my Vita in over 24 hours. Weird.

Like you said, Sony needs to polish this system tremendously. There's good ideas there, but they need some tweaking.

Jbul

I retract what i said earlier. :P Bear and I just did aprty chat/unit 13 run and the invites were sent realtime. hell, even the messaging in group messaging were being sent realtime. i was like wtf? The sound quality is freaking awesome in Party Chat. And even though we had trouble getting in the party and getting Unit 13 to filter through friends games, we were both impressed by how cool it was.

It's no XBL Party chat system but its pretty freaking awesome.

P.S Congrats on ranking 1st on the 11th mission. Pretty awesome stuff man. We need to try some coop, it's the same single player missions but you now have to coordinate with your teammates to chain kills together. It was a blast playing with Bear because his playstyIe is entirely different than mine, and it was fun adjusting. He was very gung-ho and i was like let's calm down, and take this slow. lol

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 _Bear

Well I just hada little coop session with Solid and party chat, it worked well for the most part. I do need to work on my team work. For the most part I'm used to playing alone, so it's going to take me a while to get used being a team. But that being said I had fun and the chat was functional andworked throughout our games. I know solid got frustrated when I rushed ahead and got us killed but I think we still had fun. The chat workd much better than the message system which sucks.

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 _Bear
I will definatly be up for more soon, it's a whole lotta fun and I see what I have been missing not playing coop Gears though I have played some coop UC2 and UC3. I need to do more coop on all games!
Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

I just wanted to chime in on how almost-frustrating the whole chat thing is on the Vita. I think it sucks that they didn't do something more like XBL. They treat the chat like an app, not a function of the system. So, if you're not on the app, you may not get the messages.

What I do to try and circumvent that (and it doesn't always work) is to launch the "friends" and "group messaging" apps/bubbles, whatever...and leave them running in the background. Doing so will have you logged in to the PSN and allow you to see when a message comes in.

Again, it's not 100% because if you play a game that kicks you off the network, you have to go back in to friends/messaging to get logged back in.

0rbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480 0rbs

I just wanted to chime in on how almost-frustrating the whole chat thing is on the Vita. I think it sucks that they didn't do something more like XBL. They treat the chat like an app, not a function of the system. So, if you're not on the app, you may not get the messages.

What I do to try and circumvent that (and it doesn't always work) is to launch the "friends" and "group messaging" apps/bubbles, whatever...and leave them running in the background. Doing so will have you logged in to the PSN and allow you to see when a message comes in.

Again, it's not 100% because if you play a game that kicks you off the network, you have to go back in to friends/messaging to get logged back in.

Grieverr

Lets hope they change things in updates. I wouldn't mind if they implemented a mic system if there isn't one I already don't know about.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481 S0lidSnake

Motorsorm is so awesome. I'm glad I stuck with it, because once the controls clicked the game became fun instantly. Now I am getting golds, beating Carnage's times ;p , and just breezing through the game. The tracks are well designed and are blast to play in. This is like the only time attack mode i've liked in Motorstorm games because you get to the ghosts of other players and the three medal ghosts. The online leaderbaords are easily the best i've ever seen. The update in realtime so i kept getting notifications whenever Carnage or someone else beat my time. I would go back straight away and beat his scores.

I never thought i'd be having this much fun with the game. Am buying the two dlc packs right now. I f***ing love Evolution Studios!

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482 S0lidSnake

Grieverr

They need to make it so opening the friend's app opens up group messaging. Or attaching Party Chat to the friends app. I understand these are seperate apps to conserve the battery life, but give us the option to customize.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts

Motorsorm is so awesome. I'm glad I stuck with it, because once the controls clicked the game became fun instantly. Now I am getting golds, beating Carnage's times ;p , and just breezing through the game. The tracks are well designed and are blast to play in. This is like the only time attack mode i've liked in Motorstorm games because you get to the ghosts of other players and the three medal ghosts. The online leaderbaords are easily the best i've ever seen. The update in realtime so i kept getting notifications whenever Carnage or someone else beat my time. I would go back straight away and beat his scores.

I never thought i'd be having this much fun with the game. Am buying the two dlc packs right now. I f***ing love Evolution Studios!

S0lidSnake
It is fun, I tried the demo and smashed your time (ps3). Might pick up the full game after school is done.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484 Jbul

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

S0lidSnake

I retract what i said earlier. :P Bear and I just did aprty chat/unit 13 run and the invites were sent realtime. hell, even the messaging in group messaging were being sent realtime. i was like wtf? The sound quality is freaking awesome in Party Chat. And even though we had trouble getting in the party and getting Unit 13 to filter through friends games, we were both impressed by how cool it was.

It's no XBL Party chat system but its pretty freaking awesome.

P.S Congrats on ranking 1st on the 11th mission. Pretty awesome stuff man. We need to try some coop, it's the same single player missions but you now have to coordinate with your teammates to chain kills together. It was a blast playing with Bear because his playstyIe is entirely different than mine, and it was fun adjusting. He was very gung-ho and i was like let's calm down, and take this slow. lol

As far as I know, I'm #1 on ALL of the missions insofar as my friends list is concerned (You, Carnage, Bear). Is there someone else I need to put the smack down on? ;P

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485 S0lidSnake

As far as I know, I'm #1 on ALL of the missions insofar as my friends list is concerned (You, Carnage, Bear). Is there someone else I need to put the smack down on? ;P

Jbul

ah i see. i thought you were #1 overall.

Has anyone tried netflix yet? i watched Kick Ass on Netflix today and I was surprised at how good it looked. I dont even think it was HD but my god the colors were popping out of the screen. It looked gorgeous. It sucks that Netflix doesn't have Avatar or any new recent CGi movies, because i would've loved to see some Pixar or Steven Spielberg stuff on this screen.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 Jbul

Just a basic question on Data Management on the Vita -- I have less than 1.5GB of games installed on my Vita, yet my 4 Gig card is full. I only have a few pictures, no demos, and only 1 installed game -- Uncharted. Absolutely nothing else. Is there an easy way to view the contents of my Memory Card and manage the contents?

I know 4GB isn't alot, but I'd love to be able to easily manage my data and see where it's gone.

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487 _Bear
Yeah sadly the Vita system takes almost 2 gigs up without anything installed, when I looked at my my mem card 16 gig after getting everything up and running I only had 14. something left. sooner or later your going to have to pony up for a bigger card. You can, no real easy way to see what you are using other than looking under each item and see what size it's taking up. Yea I'm pretty sure half your card is already full with system data.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 S0lidSnake

Just a basic question on Data Management on the Vita -- I have less than 1.5GB of games installed on my Vita, yet my 4 Gig card is full. I only have a few pictures, no demos, and only 1 installed game -- Uncharted. Absolutely nothing else. Is there an easy way to view the contents of my Memory Card and manage the contents?

I know 4GB isn't alot, but I'd love to be able to easily manage my data and see where it's gone.

Jbul

How do you delete your games? I read on gaf that you have to delete them a certain way. I dont know what that is, I just delete all my demos by holding on the icon and clicking delete. I couldnt find a way to manage the contents of the cards. Kinda s****ty. You do know that Uncharted is 2.7GB, right?

P.S I have the fifa demo (almost 2 gigs), motorstorm rc, fully patched Uncharted, MVC3 and Unit 13 and I have plenty of space to download other demos.

P.P.S Bearm Let's play MVC3 tomorrow if you have sometime.

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489 _Bear

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

S0lidSnake

How do you delete your games? I read on gaf that you have to delete them a certain way. I dont know what that is, I just delete all my demos by holding on the icon and clicking delete. I couldnt find a way to manage the contents of the cards. Kinda s****ty. You do know that Uncharted is 2.7GB, right?

P.S I have the fifa demo (almost 2 gigs), motorstorm rc, fully patched Uncharted, MVC3 and Unit 13 and I have plenty of space to download other demos.

P.P.S Bearm Let's play MVC3 tomorrow if you have sometime.

Ok Solid yeah my batt is still charging now I guess it was all the way down. We will play tomorrow for sure.

I'm glad I went for the 16 gig card will probably get another one down the line.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 CarnageHeart

http://www.1up.com/news/gravity-rush-designers-option

Yamaguchi's team side-stepped the conventional wisdom that games have to carry a conventional, realistic "American" feel or an anime-inspired "Japanese" feel. Rather than simply falling into either camp, the creators of Gravity Rush have chosen to draw upon a third option: Bande dessinée, or French comics.

"I felt that games these days are starting to look too much the same," said Yamaguchi. "They either use a realistic ****or an anime ****... There's art that looks real, and art that feels real, and I feel bande dessinées is better suited to the latter."

Going European certainly isn't unheard of in non-European games, of course; the Professor Layton series is defined by its warm, Ghibli-esque visual **** Yamaguchi, however, very specifically drew inspiration from French illustrators Jean Giraud (Moebius) and Enki Bilal in order to create a visual ****of which it would be (as Yamaguchi says) "difficult to determine the country of origin."

I don't think Japanese or American art **** are as rigid as Yamaguchi implies (nods towards Journey, LBP and Dark Souls) but its still cool to see someone look at a somewhat unconventional (in the context of gaming) art **** . However you measure it, Gravity Daze is gorgeous.

Dammit Sony, at least put the demo on PSN.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#491 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I finally got around to playing Motorstorm RC today. That game is a blast. I haven't been able to play much of anything lately aside from Unit 13 when I go to the bathroom. That game is a ton of fun. I'm pleasantly surprised by how replayable it is.
_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 _Bear

Hey Solid between the Bulls game and Mass Effect 3 I might not make it to play Vita tonight, but we will do it soon.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493 S0lidSnake

Hey Solid between the Bulls game and Mass Effect 3 I might not make it to play Vita tonight, but we will do it soon.

_Bear

lol its ok. i barely got an hour to play today myself. Enjoy ME3, i wont get a chance to play it for another couple of weeks at least.

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#494 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
Finally played one at Gamestop the other day. Not too impressed. It's too big and the tiny buttons make it feel even bigger. D-pad reminded me of Xbox. And worse of all was the startup time for the Gravity Daze demo. It's on flash memory FFS! The whole point of handhelds is so you can instantly start playing. Fun in short bursts. But I guess with Vita Sony wanted something for the indoors, despite what those ads lead you to believe :/
0rbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495 0rbs

Finally played one at Gamestop the other day. Not too impressed. It's too big and the tiny buttons make it feel even bigger. D-pad reminded me of Xbox. And worse of all was the startup time for the Gravity Daze demo. It's on flash memory FFS! The whole point of handhelds is so you can instantly start playing. Fun in short bursts. But I guess with Vita Sony wanted something for the indoors, despite what those ads lead you to believe :/istuffedsunny

I use the D-Pad a lot for UVMC 3. Works great. It sucks you weren't a fan. I honestly can't put mine down. My 3ds has been sitting collecting dust.

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496 _Bear

[QUOTE="istuffedsunny"]Finally played one at Gamestop the other day. Not too impressed. It's too big and the tiny buttons make it feel even bigger. D-pad reminded me of Xbox. And worse of all was the startup time for the Gravity Daze demo. It's on flash memory FFS! The whole point of handhelds is so you can instantly start playing. Fun in short bursts. But I guess with Vita Sony wanted something for the indoors, despite what those ads lead you to believe :/0rbs

I use the D-Pad a lot for UVMC 3. Works great. It sucks you weren't a fan. I honestly can't put mine down. My 3ds has been sitting collecting dust.

Well playing tethered to a Gamestop Kiosk is no way to really sample it, it is impossible to be really comfortable that. You need to try one one in your own place with no pressure to hurry up. Or move along try a friends at your leisure and you will see how grteat this thing is. It does not feel big when its not shackled to something that just does not do it justice. I think you need to have another go at it.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="0rbs"]

[QUOTE="istuffedsunny"]Finally played one at Gamestop the other day. Not too impressed. It's too big and the tiny buttons make it feel even bigger. D-pad reminded me of Xbox. And worse of all was the startup time for the Gravity Daze demo. It's on flash memory FFS! The whole point of handhelds is so you can instantly start playing. Fun in short bursts. But I guess with Vita Sony wanted something for the indoors, despite what those ads lead you to believe :/_Bear

Well playing tethered to a Gamestop Kiosk is no way to really sample it, it is impossible to be really comfortable that. You need to try one one in your own place with no pressure to hurry up. Or move along try a friends at your leisure and you will see how grteat this thing is. It does not feel big when its not shackled to something that just does not do it justice. I think you need to have another go at it.

Granted, its not clear from the post, but based on his past posts, talking with Stuffed is just feeding the troll.

Solid_Snake_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498 Solid_Snake_7
Member since 2004 • 3398 Posts
Finally played one at Gamestop the other day. Not too impressed. It's too big and the tiny buttons make it feel even bigger. D-pad reminded me of Xbox. And worse of all was the startup time for the Gravity Daze demo. It's on flash memory FFS! The whole point of handhelds is so you can instantly start playing. Fun in short bursts. But I guess with Vita Sony wanted something for the indoors, despite what those ads lead you to believe :/istuffedsunny
Every game has load times, some worse than others, but it's not Sony's fault. In Uncharted for example, once you pass the initial load times you rarely see one again, so you can indeed play for short bursts.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499 S0lidSnake

lol Vita has the best dpad on any controller. Playing MVC3 is a blast with it, comparing it to the 360 dpad should be a bannable offense. lol

Apologies to everyone on my friend's list. I was playing around with the Pitwall section of Motorstorm RC, and may have sent you all multiple challenge invites. I am addicted to this game at this point and cant stop playing. The time trial challenges get extremely tough later on in the campaign but since they are extremely short, i am tempted to keep trying and usually get golds within ten minutes. Nailing the drift challenges was so satisfying, even though they must have taken me over an hour each. Had a 4900 point drift, it was amazing!

Unit 13 is also really addicting. I must have replayed every mission twice just to beat Jbul's scores. But now ragnaar is detroying everyone, and that too from the john. Some of the sneaking missions are amazing.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500 CarnageHeart

S0lidSnake
As of last night, you didn't own all the Motorstorm records. I agree that Evolution Studios does great work. It will be interesting to see what direction the next Motorstorm goes in.