Hagane for Super Nintendo. Top of the line action platformer.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

D3ntaRid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 D3ntaRid3
Member since 2012 • 68 Posts
Has anybody played Hagane for the SNES?  It's one of if not the best platformer you can get on the SNES, and I suggest for those who have not played it to try it. It kind of uses a shooter type weapon system, where you can change from swords to guns, to magic and others, except you have them all at the start and can switch in a blink of an eye. The game uses a lot of tactical techniques with how you use your weapons, with a great soundtrack and a great design for the stages, Hagane is a great hidden gem. Played in back in the day, but nobody seems to know what it is. I know someone around here has. Very great game. Images:
D3ntaRid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 D3ntaRid3
Member since 2012 • 68 Posts

Yep, fantastic game. I picked it up a loong time ago probably for about $20. Now a cart alone fetches $100+ on ebay.

Hagane is one of my favorite 2D action games. The controls are very intuitive and tight, it's awesome dodging an attack by doing a quick backflip. All the items are fun to use and come in handy at certain parts of the game, you can tell each level was really thought out. Great graphics and music, lots of bosses and varied levels too, pretty much the whole package. It's sort of like a Shinobi III for the SNES, except way better.

TriggerGear
also allows more freedome of exploration.
amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 amari24
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts
I played it several years ago. It was fun and offered a great challenge, but I like the Shinobi games a lot more.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I've sadly never played it just because it is so freakin rare. Would love to get my hands on a copy someday, however luck will have to playa big part in that :p