Hacking Mini-Game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StHapns247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StHapns247
Member since 2005 • 750 Posts

Me and friend were talking about crappy (and not so crappy) hacking mini-games in games; he was replaying Mass Effect 2 hating the hacking game in it. I was trying to think about the worst one for me, I remember the mini-game but can't remember the game it was in.

The best I can do to describe it is frogger, but you move horizontally (instead of vertically), but inside a computer space. You moved a power node (frog) horizontally across the screen and had to time it so you didn't hit obstacles (cars) that were moving vertically.

Any idea what game this is from?

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

I don't. But now I want to discuss the best hacking mini-games.

Xanatos357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3  Edited By Xanatos357
Member since 2015 • 787 Posts

@StHapns247: Definitely sounds like one of the Assassin's Creed Black Flag's hacking minigames. Fallout 3/New Vegas was probably my least favorite hacking minigame.

Loading Video...
StHapns247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 StHapns247
Member since 2005 • 750 Posts

@xanatos357: Thanks man, that's totally it! I don't usually associates Assassin's Creed with hacking, so I would have never figured it out.

@elheber: I would propose that Assassin's Creed 4's hacking mini-game is NOT the best hacking mini-game.

DrFlyntCoal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By DrFlyntCoal
Member since 2015 • 496 Posts

Deus Ex : Human Revolution had the best hacking mini-game, I hacked everything I could in there. It's one of the things I'm really psyched about in Mankind Divided.

Don't know if you can count the matrix sections of Shadowrun return as hacking but that's as close to moving in a virtual-virtual space as we get iirc.