Guitar Hero / Rock Band

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vincent__Vega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Vincent__Vega
Member since 2003 • 386 Posts

Hello gaming community. I have finally decided to jump on the "band"wagon.....ok ok bad pun, sorry. Anyway, I want to get the most out of the game that I can, especially after spending the big bucks on the box set. My question is, will the instruments from one game work for the other game (i.e. will the GH drums and guitar work with RB, or vice versa) Also I heard a rumor that the new GH:Metallica will have a new double bass feature. If I am able to use the RB instruments, will the drums have a second base pedel capability. Also what about cymbals, I know that GH has them, but what about RB.

I hope everything I said makes sense. I just want to be able to play all the music games without having instruments sitting all over my living room, if thats even possible. So which should I buy Guitar Hero or Rock Band, and is their a specific console I need to get it for?

Thank you gaming friends

-Vince

DohBoy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DohBoy122
Member since 2006 • 429 Posts
Yes, GH Metallica will have the double bass feature, I think it might only be able to work on GH drums though. I personally have both games but I have the GH instruments and they haven't crapped the bed yet on me and I play quite a bit. And yes all instruments do work will each game now. Hope this helps
ElMikeO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ElMikeO
Member since 2003 • 494 Posts
I've only got the Rock Band instruments, but from what I've heard, the Guitar Hero instruments are the best ones to get. I still use the Les Paul for each game and it's the best guitar out of all of the games. Hardware wise, Guitar Hero have the edge, but personally I think Rock Band edge it in gameplay.