Guitar Hero 3 videsos...unimpressive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AZRockslide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AZRockslide
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts

Thought this was probably the best place for thie since GH3 will be multi-platform.

Am I the only one who hasn't been that impressed with the game footage from Guitar Hero 3? I've looked at a few of the songs now, and I just don't like what I am seeing.

What set GH apart from other rhythm games was the almost organic feel of the game. You really began to feel like you were playing the songs themselves, and the rock-meter and frett board added to that feel.

Now Activision goes for a redesign that just...ugh, I don't like the look of it. The new rock-meter looks awful, the star-power meter is really sad, and what's with this "whammy" mechanic? Either it's just a really sad replacement for the way the old whammy worked, or they are actually going to require you to hit the bar at certain points in the game, which breaks that mechanic. Also, it looks like the timing has been messed with. Granted, that will not really be confirmed till playing it, but it does not seem to flow like the earlier installments did.

Harmonix did an amazing job when they created GH 1&2. Unfortunately, it looks like Activision may be so keen on putting its fingerprints all over the game that it may ruin what should be a long lasting franchise.