Guild Wars 2 vs Runes of Magic (Crafting wise)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tahir_Ahmad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Tahir_Ahmad
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts

Hello guys,

I have been playing Runes of Magic for some time and I really like the concept of crafting (blacksmithing, armorcrafting etc)... I have never played any other MMO before so this question might seem odd. I have heard Guild Wars is really a famous MMO and the sequel Guild Wars 2 looks very promising. I am looking forward to it but I want to ask that is there any concept of crafting in Guild Wars ? I know the GW 2 is far from release but if this concept is present in first game then it will come in second as well so anyone who can tell me about crafting concept in GW ?

Thanks guys.

krazy-blazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 krazy-blazer
Member since 2009 • 1759 Posts

Hello guys,

I have been playing Runes of Magic for some time and I really like the concept of crafting (blacksmithing, armorcrafting etc)... I have never played any other MMO before so this question might seem odd. I have heard Guild Wars is really a famous MMO and the sequel Guild Wars 2 looks very promising. I am looking forward to it but I want to ask that is there any concept of crafting in Guild Wars ? I know the GW 2 is far from release but if this concept is present in first game then it will come in second as well so anyone who can tell me about crafting concept in GW ?

Thanks guys.

Tahir_Ahmad
Crafting? In MY Guild Wars?
Tahir_Ahmad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tahir_Ahmad

Yes ? is my question that surprising ? I already told you I don't have any knowledge of MMOs except Runes of Magic because its the first one that I played...

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

Guild Wars never had a crafting system, instead, they had an Upgrade system. To promote PvE, they offered the chance to get weapons with amazing skins (or Graphics for you people who don't know) and allowed you to get upgrades pieces to further improve it. Since the game is PvP based, there is a cap on maximum non-upgraded damage, but with the upgrades you could add up to 3 extra stat slots. Most of the upgrades are naturally balanced, such as vampiric weaponry which added +3 damage and heal on attack connection with -1 health Regeneration.

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
There is crafting for weapon and armor but only when you first make the weapon/armor. These are made with common or rare materials which can be bought from in-game merchants and other players. After that it is only a matter of using upgrades that drop from the weapons and armors that sometimes drop from enemies. At least that is how it is in GW1.
Tahir_Ahmad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tahir_Ahmad

Okay thanks guys I think I got an idea about guild wars, its sad that it does not have a full fledge crafting system like Runes of Magic but I am still looking forward to the sequel.

dan3112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dan3112
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Guild Wars 2 will have a crafting system. The original did not, as others have said it had simpler 'upgrade' systems. However, the sequel improves on the original in a plethora of ways, one of which being the addition of a crafting system. If you want more information I suggest you check out www.guildwars2guru.com and scroll back through the news items. There's a whole bunch of interviews and articles detailing everything we know about Guild Wars 2 so far.