GTA V next gen graphics?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Skjoett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Skjoett
Member since 2009 • 83 Posts

So as you all hopefully know, GTA V was (finally) revealed for pc and next gen. I have of course seen the trailer and the "ps3 vs ps4 comparison" etc. And while it visually looks too good, I question what fps it will run at? Because the current gen version is so damn laggy.. Not like a huge fps drop lag, but that irritating 20-29 fps that makes it kinda frustrating to play. What fps do you expect the game to have on next gen? The much better 60 fps, or maybe (once again) a downgrade in the fps as we already have seen with some (Yeah, I'm talking bout' you Watch Dogs) next gen games?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Skjoett said:

So as you all hopefully know, GTA V was (finally) revealed for pc and next gen. I have of course seen the trailer and the "ps3 vs ps4 comparison" etc. And while it visually looks too good, I question what fps it will run at? Because the current gen version is so damn laggy.. Not like a huge fps drop lag, but that irritating 20-29 fps that makes it kinda frustrating to play. What fps do you expect the game to have on next gen? The much better 60 fps, or maybe (once again) a downgrade in the fps as we already have seen with some (Yeah, I'm talking bout' you Watch Dogs) next gen games?

Interesting question but i have absolutely zero idea , haven't played it on x360 or ps3 so have something that might give an indication but even then there is no way of knowing there are huge differences from old-gen to next-gen and particular from old-gen to PC hardware, which are light years ahead.

But considering Watch Dogs for me ran in a smooth 60 fps on ultra max settings on pc on a 780 TI i would expect at least a smooth 30fps and my system should be more than capable of that so if it doesn't on max pc settings i am going to hunt down Rockstar and make them watch justin Bieber for 100days 24/7 :)

Skjoett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Skjoett
Member since 2009 • 83 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

But considering Watch Dogs for me ran in a smooth 60 fps on ultra max settings on pc on a 780 TI i would expect at least a smooth 30fps and my system should be more than capable of that so if it doesn't on max pc settings i am going to hunt down Rockstar and make them watch justin Bieber for 100days 24/7 :)

That would be a horrific penalty haha! And thanks for the answer, but since I am quite the console peasant, I was only really interested in the next gen fps ;-) But how good are your specs? Because if you can run Watch Dogs on ultra max with no problems at all, wouldn't that mean GTA V would run at the somewhat same fps? :-)

Luka024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Luka024
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

PC will be all about optimization, and considering the PS4 and Xbone are built on x86, we should see relatively good performance IF Rockstar did their job this time. GTAIV was a mess initially on PC so...

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Skjoett said:

@Jacanuk said:

That would be a horrific penalty haha! And thanks for the answer, but since I am quite the console peasant, I was only really interested in the next gen fps ;-) But how good are your specs? Because if you can run Watch Dogs on ultra max with no problems at all, wouldn't that mean GTA V would run at the somewhat same fps? :-)

Ahh, you can be sure that since Ps4 can run 60fps GTA V will also run it, can't say there won't be drops with the higher density and more happening on the screen, but they had a year to optimize it for next-gen so i wouldn´t worry about it not running on max fps on both consoles.

My specs are pretty decent so i would 100% expect GTA V to run in the same fps but knowing how horrible GTA IV was on pc for a lot of people at the start, Rockstar might mess up again :) but as i said above i wouldn't worry on console unless Rockstar pulls a "ubisoft downgrade" and only allows it to run in 30fps.