GTA 5 map compared to Saints Row?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tendoboy1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tendoboy1984
Member since 2012 • 253 Posts

How big GTA 5's map compared to Saints Row's Steelport and Stillwater?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

GTA map is extremely huge compared to saints row map.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

GTA no contest and it is way more detailed and has more variety. Stillwater is forgettable .

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

Somewhere out in the wilds of the internet, there is a direct comparison to GTA 4's map vs GTA 5's map. I can't be bothered to find it myself, but you are but a Google search away from looking it up.

GTA 4's map was pretty close to Stillwater's I believe. Not sure how Steelport stacks up. It always felt a bit claustrophobic to me in The Third and 4 gave us the super jump so it felt more vertical in nature so it'd be a difficult comparison.

GAJY_FILTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By GAJY_FILTH
Member since 2003 • 112 Posts

GTA V's map was disappointing after all the bragging they did, the city is small, the rest of the map is barren and there are like no interiors outside missions :\

They should have made it a PC/PS4/Xbox One exclusive.

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By capaho
Member since 2003 • 1253 Posts

The GTA V open world is very big but the map is annoyingly short on details, especially as it relates to the landmark clues given to Trevor for the bounty hunter side missions. I had to get a helicopter and fly over a large portion of the landscape in order to get the map filled in enough to do some of those missions. It was rather tedious. The Saints Row world is smaller but the maps worked well relative to the game's missions and activities. There is a lot of variation in the road patterns and the layout of the various areas in GTA V, but finding what you're looking for can sometimes be a challenge.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@tendoboy1984 said:

How big GTA 5's map compared to Saints Row's Steelport and Stillwater?

Eh? is that even a real question :)

But i think Saints row´s map might be the same size as the 2 first island in GTA IV and either a tiny big bigger or the same size as GTA III´s map.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@GAJY_FILTH said:

GTA V's map was disappointing after all the bragging they did, the city is small, the rest of the map is barren and there are like no interiors outside missions :\

They should have made it a PC/PS4/Xbox One exclusive.

I agree here.

GTA V´s map despite its size feels small especially the city, and i would probably rate that city as one of the worst cities made in the GTA universe. And i have said it before. When you think about the LA made in LA Noire , its kinda embarrassing for Rockstar especially after all that talk they had about how this would be bigger than any other GTA game before. Because for me its kinda pointless to have 65% open terrain thats practically empty.

They should have taken the LA from LA Noire expanded on that with the other parts of the city and then put the open world next to it, that would be a epic map.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

GTA V map is way bigger and the detail in the map is amazing.

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 capaho
Member since 2003 • 1253 Posts

@Jacanuk: The problem with the LA Noire map, however, was that despite the appearance of a large sandbox, it was the same grid pattern everywhere. At least GTA V avoided that rather obvious flaw with a more varied street layout.