Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

Geralt from The Witcher games is in Soul Calibur VI and I'm miffed.

One of my fave fighting games and they [Namco] have outdone themselves this time.

Even shitter than Star Wars is The Witcher.

What other crappy characters could Namco put it it's next SC game?

Discuss.

EDIT: Oh and judging by Sophitia's tit's she now looks like Lolo Ferrari so gender representation still kind of low on list of SC priorities.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts
@jackamomo said:

Even shitter than Star Wars is The Witcher.

You can't base that on this game, considering Project Soul is a dead developer. Soul VI is being developed by the Tekken team. This is a new start for Soul Calibur after three bad games in a row from Project.

gender representation still kind of low on list of SC priorities.

Weak argument, you state her boobs represent women gender poorly. While showing a picture of her shield bashing Mitsurugi into next week. Seems to me she's doing a good job, if she cried in a corner and offered tea? That would be terrible representation of her gender.

Now if you mean from a visual standpoint. I would only agree if we bring up Ivy, or better yet Voldo.

That is a fighter that beats you to death, thrusting his crouch. Why can't games treat men better ((´д`)) . . .

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jackamomo

@RSM-HQ: Just because Voldo is a massive bender. I liked that French character from the second one with the Dog Tanyan sword.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

well I agree that Geralt is a poor character and I'm glad we've seen the end of his story. Be great to see a Witcher game with character creation.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

I kind of like Geralt’s appearance in Soul Calibur VI myself but I like seeing guest characters in my games in general anyway.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

Here is more stuff about the game.

https://gematsu.com/2018/08/soulcalibur-vi-gamescom-2018-trailers-details-and-screenshots

https://gematsu.com/gallery/soulcalibur-vi/august-21-2018/

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

Always felt DLC chars announced before the game is out it counterproductive. Why not just include them in the maingame then?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RSM-HQ
@SoAmazingBaby said:

Always felt DLC chars announced before the game is out it counterproductive. Why not just include them in the maingame then?

I agree but sadly this is the times we live in. Fighting games are no exception to the monopoly system before release.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Sophitia has always had huge stonkers.

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#10  Edited By Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

@jackamomo: Geralt from The Witcher games is in Soul Calibur VI and I'm miffed.

Seriously dude the just because you don't like Geralt being introduced into your game doesn't mean you can rag on the Witcher franchise. Very unfair.

The Witcher franchise on it's own is a good thing. Putting Geralt in your game is obviously not to your liking but don't knock CD Projekt RED pleaaaase.

If you haven't guessed i'm a fan of said Witcher franchise...

He's not really that grumpy he's just drawn that way..

Check out the guy who does his voice if your interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTMTdc1r688

Watch bit at beginning then fast forward to 2mins 14 seconds....!!!! ;)

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jackamomo

@Peasly: watched that video. The actor is so friendly! His character is so generic though.

TiggyTog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TiggyTog
Member since 2017 • 324 Posts

@RSM-HQ: I think all Soul Calibur games were pretty good, 5 is the closest one you could call "bad", and even then it's not bad, just a bad story mode.

The mechanics in V were the deepest they've ever been, the online and character creator were more robust then ever.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RSM-HQ

@tiggytog:

5 is the closest one you could call "bad", and even then it's not bad, just a bad story mode.

For starters V was not just mechanically flawed, compared to previous games in the series, its bold attempt of adding new characters backfired hard and was overall disliked in the Fighting community. Add to that the sheer lack of modes and online features was insulting. SCV was never considered a serious contender for EVO events, and even the more casual playerbase; majority disliked the game.

On top of that, a Soul game came after V-

And would be the last Project Soul game ever created. Sad really, but we have to move on from those terrible games.

TiggyTog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TiggyTog
Member since 2017 • 324 Posts

@RSM-HQ: I personally thought V was one of, if not the most mechanically sound in the entire series, spin-offs or otherwise.

As for the characters, most of them sucked, but I did like ZWEI, dude was a bad-ass with an original moveset and weapon.

There were previous games that had better online? I didn't see any of that from IV.

V also removed the absolutely stupid decision to make equipment stat-based. I hated having half an HP bar just because I wanted to create my own character.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RSM-HQ

@tiggytog:

I personally thought V was one of, if not the most mechanically sound in the entire series, spin-offs or otherwise.

You are free to think otherwise, however considering it was the first Soul to be universally rejected at EVO, I would say not many share your opinion.

As for the characters, most of them sucked

Also, not many will share that opinion. I personally always preferred the Tekken cast but Souls has a few good designs. Yet you are free to think differently.