Greifing in gaming? And greifing videos?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

I recently read an article inside a games magazine about greifing in video games so decided to look up some greifing videos on you tube. To my amazement theres plenty of them and there also very popular.

Just wondered what others thought about this type of thing. Do you think it's just harmless fun? Do you think it's uncalled for to ruin someone elses game or even their day, just to entertain yourself and/or others?

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 joe_b1_kenobi
Nice to see people are interested in discussing something other than what there favourite games are lol. I'm not even going to bother with forums anymore, they must be full of kids or something.
Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#3 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

Nice to see people are interested in discussing something other than what there favourite games are lol. I'm not even going to bother with forums anymore, they must be full of kids or something.joe_b1_kenobi

Hey man, I don't know where you live, but in the US its 12 am, 1 am, 2 am, 3 am, or 4 am depending on where you live and its a Monday. I'm assuming many people are asleep. Just be patient.

As for what I think of griefing, I think it's irritating and childish. Or at least the more extreme cases are. I don't see intentionally ruining someone else's gaming experience as harmless fun. Heck, sometimes it gets so bad that gaming companies have to take "anti-griefing" measures against these people. Sad. :|

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
Alright people, Noob Alert, what the hell is griefing ?
joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 joe_b1_kenobi

Yeah I suppose.It's just annoying when I've seen other posts that have been posted around the same time as mine that have loads of replies. And there always the same "whats your favourite game" or "what game are you playing now" or "what game are you looking forward to". Just wish I could find somewhere to have a decent discussion with more like minded gamers.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 joe_b1_kenobi

Look it up on youtube. It's basically when someone ruins an online game for others by messing about (killing tam mates on COD or scoring own goals on Fifa for eg)

I think it's quite amusing when done in an intelligent way. Especially when people take the game way too seriously. I wouldn't do it myself but some of the vids are fun to watch. And it aint really hurting nobody.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#7 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

Look it up on youtube. It's basically when someone ruins an online game for others by messing about (killing tam mates on COD or scoring own goals on Fifa for eg)

I think it's quite amusing when done in an intelligent way. Especially when people take the game way too seriously. I wouldn't do it myself but some of the vids are fun to watch. And it aint really hurting nobody.

joe_b1_kenobi

Intelligent griefing? Now there's an oxymoron.

The only way I can see griefing being harmless is if a bunch of friends were doing it to each other and they were all ok with it and knew it was all in good fun. Otherwise if you do stuff to ruin the game for other people, then its not harmless fun. It's irritating, childish, and idiotic.You know its gotten bad when companies take notice and try to stop this crap.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44154 Posts
If a bunch of friends want to do it amongst themselves in private games then by all means go at it but keep that garbage out of public matches. People who find it entertaining to purposely go out of their way to ruin someone else's game have issues and I welcome any and all bans that they may receive.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
sounds silly to me, but then again I dont play online much, outside of MMO's.
joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 joe_b1_kenobi

I't's the reaction of the other people playing thats the entertaining part. Some people get really angry, and it's only a game at the end of the day. And yes sometimes it is done in an intelligent or inventive way. You've obviously havn't seen some of the vids on youtube. A proper greifer will target people who perhaps deserve it a little (people who camp constantly, or even people who try to hack the game or peoples accounts)

Theres more to it than you'd probably think. I just find it interesting. And it is harmless if you think about it coz ITS JUST A GAME. Nobodys ACTUALLY getting hurt.

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts
I think it's fun :3 Why? Because people get so butthurt over simple things. I barely play games that you can grief in but whenever I play minecraft online that's all I do :P Kids need to calm down online and maybe people would care less :lol:
chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
Nice to see people are interested in discussing something other than what there favourite games are lol. I'm not even going to bother with forums anymore, they must be full of kids or something.joe_b1_kenobi
Stop acting so butthurt about this. Posting something late on a Monday (depending on location) isn't going yield a bunch of posts. So quit crying. Your topic require more than a simple one word answer to a "favourite game" thread, nobody wants to do that in the early hours. *To answer your question.. If it's done properly (I watch GG, the one with Crimson Flame and the rap intro). Sometimes it's really funny because some people get way too attached and end up raging to glorious amounts of butthurt. Nothing is really stopping these "victims" from leaving the game or muting them, so it's hard to sympathize really. It's not like these people are littering the servers with this stuff either.. It can get annoying and sometimes people that "grief" try way too hard, but honestly I don't see a problem.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Archangel3371

I't's the reaction of the other people playing thats the entertaining part. Some people get really angry, and it's only a game at the end of the day. And yes sometimes it is done in an intelligent or inventive way. You've obviously havn't seen some of the vids on youtube. A proper greifer will target people who perhaps deserve it a little (people who camp constantly, or even people who try to hack the game or peoples accounts)

Theres more to it than you'd probably think. I just find it interesting. And it is harmless if you think about it coz ITS JUST A GAME. Nobodys ACTUALLY getting hurt.

joe_b1_kenobi
Yeah of course it's just a game and it's harmless in the sense that griefers don't actually hurt people physically but it's still a trashy thing to do and is a stupid and childish thing to do. Griefers are garbage and they ruin gaming communities. Of course people get upset because it's fvcking annoying and people who get entertainment out of annoying others have issues.
chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chilly-chill

[QUOTE="joe_b1_kenobi"]

Archangel3371

Yeah of course it's just a game and it's harmless in the sense that griefers don't actually hurt people physically but it's still a trashy thing to do and is a stupid and childish thing to do. Griefers are garbage and they ruin gaming communities. Of course people get upset because it's fvcking annoying and people who get entertainment out of annoying others have issues.

Mute, block them and leave the lobby. Problem solved.

You can thank me later.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Archangel3371
[QUOTE="chilly-chill"]Mute, block them and leave the lobby. Problem solved. You can thank me later.

Oh I already do that and more. I don't respond at all to them and I will mute them, block them, and file a complaint against them which hopefully leads to them being banned.
Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

Most griefers are just terrible at the game so they do that to make other people feel as bad as themselves. I just ignore them and leave

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts

yeah I only ever grief(just in Mario Kart) when I'm playing locally with friends and we are all fine with it. I would never do it against anybody else though...

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TrainerCeleste
[QUOTE="joe_b1_kenobi"]

Archangel3371

You sound like the perfect person to grief ahaha I also love how people forget about boot functions when their things are getting destroyed :P
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Archangel3371
[QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"]You sound like the perfect person to grief ahaha I also love how people forget about boot functions when their things are getting destroyed

No not really because I don't start yelling at griefers or talk at all so they get no feedback from me. All they get is a boot from the game and hopefully a ban later on from the complaint I filed. Also this excuse about it being just a game and people need to relax is a load of crap. Gaming costs money and also people's time and when you grief someone you're wasting both. Go to a movie theater, wave your hands in front of someone's face or kick their seat and see what that gets you.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Scum of the earth. The reason why it's almost impossible to play minecraft on a non whitelist server.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Well most of us do not have countless hours for gaming, so when a gaming session has a Griefer hen he/she is taking some fairly precious time for the rest of the people playing, so NO I do not care for Griefers, egocentrical selfcentered people with no notion of consequences, I would not be surprised that if we went and rounded a huge pool of Griefers up, we would find that most of them would be passive agressives too afraid to take control of thier own life, and the only way they can manage is to sortly take away from everyone elses.

But then again, this is ahy Admins are great (if you are lucky to play a game, on a system which has admins) to have them booted. If not the case, then grats.

Who knows maybe Griefers should be billed for each other persons time in the game, while He/she Griefs (payment should be standard hourly pay) aah well, I always can dream, can't I? :3

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TrainerCeleste
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"][QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"]You sound like the perfect person to grief ahaha I also love how people forget about boot functions when their things are getting destroyed

No not really because I don't start yelling at griefers or talk at all so they get no feedback from me. All they get is a boot from the game and hopefully a ban later on from the complaint I filed. Also this excuse about it being just a game and people need to relax is a load of crap. Gaming costs money and also people's time and when you grief someone you're wasting both. Go to a movie theater, wave your hands in front of someone's face or kick their seat and see what that gets you.

Well from that viewpoint you're ruining my fun time by booting me o3o I'm just in it to build, I'm improving what you've made that's' all! See all in good fun ;) Complaints really do nothing :P I've never been banned from anything aside from minecraft servers :lol: And don't give me the you're wasting my time argument :P It's a game the whole purpose of it, is to simply waste time unless you play in pro leagues or host servers for a monthly fee.
TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TrainerCeleste

Well most of us do not have countless hours for gaming, so when a gaming session has a Griefer hen he/she is taking some fairly precious time for the rest of the people playing, so NO I do not care for Griefers, egocentrical selfcentered people with no notion of consequences, I would not be surprised that if we went and rounded a huge pool of Griefers up, we would find that most of them would be passive agressives too afraid to take control of thier own life, and the only way they can manage is to sortly take away from everyone elses.

But then again, this is ahy Admins are great (if you are lucky to play a game, on a system which has admins) to have them booted. If not the case, then grats.

Who knows maybe Griefers should be billed for each other persons time in the game, while He/she Griefs (payment should be standard hourly pay) aah well, I always can dream, can't I? :3

Maddie_Larkin
Why should I have to pay you for time that you would never have been paid for in the first place? :P And no, I think I have a fairly good bit of control over my life :P Protect your structures and you're good ;)
dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 dragonps
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts
I have a saying that goes "a joke is only a joke when all parties find it funny" in the case of greifing the sole purpose is to annoy people, so unless the greifing victim finds it funny it becomes bullying something I detest on all levels. Making someone feel terrible just to make yourself feel better is ignorance personified.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Archangel3371
[QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"]Well from that viewpoint you're ruining my fun time by booting me o3o I'm just in it to build, I'm improving what you've made that's' all! See all in good fun Complaints really do nothing I've never been banned from anything aside from minecraft servers And don't give me the you're wasting my time argument It's a game the whole purpose of it, is to simply waste time unless you play in pro leagues or host servers for a monthly fee.

You're delusional if you think booting a griefer from a game is equivalent to ruining their enjoyment of the game as they ruin other people's enjoyment of the game. So you have been banned from something proving that it does work. Games are not just simply a waste of time in the same sense that griefers waste other people's time so your reasoning there is a load of crap same with the one about it being all in "good fun", it's not. It's all in good fun if everyone involved is in agreement but then it is really no longer "griefing".
TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TrainerCeleste
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"][QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"]Well from that viewpoint you're ruining my fun time by booting me o3o I'm just in it to build, I'm improving what you've made that's' all! See all in good fun Complaints really do nothing I've never been banned from anything aside from minecraft servers And don't give me the you're wasting my time argument It's a game the whole purpose of it, is to simply waste time unless you play in pro leagues or host servers for a monthly fee.

You're delusional if you think booting a griefer from a game is equivalent to ruining their enjoyment of the game as they ruin other people's enjoyment of the game. So you have been banned from something proving that it does work. Games are not just simply a waste of time in the same sense that griefers waste other people's time so your reasoning there is a load of crap same with the one about it being all in "good fun", it's not. It's all in good fun if everyone involved is in agreement but then it is really no longer "griefing".

It doesn't really work, in that case all you do is make a new account, or log into an alt really not that hard. and we see different there :P Games to me are not serious business and are merely a waste of time. Since I see it that way when I greif it doesn't really matter to me :P Either way though, if you truly just boot and don't get butthurtt no one is going to reallyyyy give you trouble since you will be boring :P Unless they have a personal vendetta against you :lol: We like to get reactions from people that is all :lol: Plus what if some in the game are involved, and numerous greifers are involved would you view that as fun? :P I've seen videos where a community of 20+ people all log on to destroy things and they can't all be banned at once :lol: It's even harder to distinguish who is the trouble makers when you have a rouge mod helping them all too xD
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Archangel3371
It's not about games being 'serious business' it's about people griefing other players and ruining their fun. A griefer's 'fun' does not come at the expense of those who play the game legitimately as set forth by the developer. Why on earth do you think many developers try to curtail griefing? They can keep wasting their time creating alt accounts or whatever but this will just be another thing developers will have to spend time on trying to stop to prevent asshoIes from ruining their gaming community. I already stated that if everyone involved is in on it then it obviously isn't an issue. I don't know if you have any respect for yourself but you clearly have no respect for others if you engage in such behaviour.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#28 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I play online a lot but I don't know what grief is, do you mean like reporting cheaters? If they are cheating then they should be banned.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
I don't appreciate people being jerks whatever the medium.
chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chilly-chill

Maddie_Larkin

You're an idiot.

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TrainerCeleste
It's not about games being 'serious business' it's about people griefing other players and ruining their fun. A griefer's 'fun' does not come at the expense of those who play the game legitimately as set forth by the developer. Why on earth do you think many developers try to curtail griefing? They can keep wasting their time creating alt accounts or whatever but this will just be another thing developers will have to spend time on trying to stop to prevent asshoIes from ruining their gaming community. I already stated that if everyone involved is in on it then it obviously isn't an issue. I don't know if you have any respect for yourself but you clearly have no respect for others if you engage in such behaviour.Archangel3371
Why do I think that? :P Because there lots of people who go and rage on the developers forums over their pixelated creations getting destroyed :P You're right about not really respecting people online though :lol: A lot of people online in gaming communities just seem to bi*ch about anything and everything they can :P In life though I give people a lot more credit :lol: But I do have standards, at least for me I never greif people who are children :P or those who are in it for the fun of the game (who wouldn't care either way) and don't turn it into a plan. I do greif those who turn the game into a business that reaps no benefits other than they get more points. Those servers bore me so I have fun in my own way, being Geriefing :P And as I've stated if people didn't complain on the forums, and if people simply had no reaction to it, it wouldn't really happen. Why do you think youtube videos of this sort are popular? :P People go batshi* crazy :lol: Plus I have had it happen to me before, but honestly I don't care :P It's a game in which yes I invest my time into but at the end of the day it means nothing :P
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Archangel3371
My god I don't even know how to respond to your posts anymore as for starters you seem somewhat back and forth on the issue in that you think people should respect others online but then you say that you like to go and mess with other peoples games just because YOU think they take it too seriously. Also you go way overboard with the emoticons which is annoying and I don't really know if you're doing it to be sarcastic or whatever. Regardless the bottom line is people pay money and their time to play games and unless the developer or whomever set aside methods such as dedicated servers or in-game constraints for griefers to willingly play amongst themselves then they have zero right to go in and fvck around with other people's game time. Period.
juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts

[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]It's not about games being 'serious business' it's about people griefing other players and ruining their fun. A griefer's 'fun' does not come at the expense of those who play the game legitimately as set forth by the developer. Why on earth do you think many developers try to curtail griefing? They can keep wasting their time creating alt accounts or whatever but this will just be another thing developers will have to spend time on trying to stop to prevent asshoIes from ruining their gaming community. I already stated that if everyone involved is in on it then it obviously isn't an issue. I don't know if you have any respect for yourself but you clearly have no respect for others if you engage in such behaviour.TrainerCeleste
Why do I think that? :P Because there lots of people who go and rage on the developers forums over their pixelated creations getting destroyed :P You're right about not really respecting people online though :lol: A lot of people online in gaming communities just seem to bi*ch about anything and everything they can :P In life though I give people a lot more credit :lol: But I do have standards, at least for me I never greif people who are children :P or those who are in it for the fun of the game (who wouldn't care either way) and don't turn it into a plan. I do greif those who turn the game into a business that reaps no benefits other than they get more points. Those servers bore me so I have fun in my own way, being Geriefing :P And as I've stated if people didn't complain on the forums, and if people simply had no reaction to it, it wouldn't really happen. Why do you think youtube videos of this sort are popular? :P People go batshi* crazy :lol: Plus I have had it happen to me before, but honestly I don't care :P It's a game in which yes I invest my time into but at the end of the day it means nothing :P

I have always avoided those that used such behaviors when I play online merely because I play with only people I know. I do feel that griefing has held the online gaming community, as a whole, back somewhat. Griefing serves only as a distraction and causes fragmentation of the community overall due to those individuals who wish not to risk the chance of ending up in a game that would behave the way you claim to do.

I find that your categorical assumption on how people approach a game to be very narrow and it does nothing to really justify your behavior. Based on what you have stated, you seem to have had limited online gaming experiences with other individuals and resort to griefing as your go-to form of entertainment when you get bored with a game. I never could understand that way of thinking and perhaps I never will. However, I do know one thing is for sure. I won't have to endure it as long as I'm selective with who I play online with.

Much like Archangel has said though, I would prefer developers coming up with ways to enhance a game as opposed to spending time having to implement preventative measures to minimize griefing.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#34 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
While I find griefing vids funny (shame there are no links posted here) I would be annoyed if someone destroyed my hard work. I don't grief, but there is one set of minecraft vids that were funny. Two servers at war griefing each other over and over.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

Check this and this.

Solori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37 Solori
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

I have mixed feeling about griefing. The first griefing videos I ever saw were Minecraft ones -- and based on them griefing seemed like a form of bullying. I mean, people spend a lot of time and effort on their little houses and such. It just seems petty and mean when people go and destroy stuff that took time and effort to make. Plus, I think in some cases they can't get their stuff back, but I don't play much minecraft so I don't know for sure.

In contrast, Call of duty griefing seems less serious to me because no one really invests a lot of time and effort into one match. It's easy to just leave and find another game or just goof around for one round. It doesn't seem like a really big deal in that game. Definitely annoying, but not really all that serious of an issue.

Then there are games that encourage griefing = for example, Demon's Souls/Dark Souls. Lots of people like those games and like invading other people's worlds so they can essentially grief other players. In other words, it is considered acceptable entertainment in some games. So its not like griefing has no place in the gaming world.

I know a kid that griefs people and likes to watch griefing videos (that's how I found out about griefing videos). And, sorry to disappoint you all but he's not a basement dweller and he doesn't have any personality defects. In fact, he is a popular kid at his highschool, belongs to sports teams, and you would consider him a nice guy if you met him in real life. Why does he grief people? I'm not sure. It seems like it amuses him and he likes trying out things he sees in the videos.

My theory is that he griefs people because he doesn't take games that seriously. To him its just another way to have fun by changing the game up. I've seen him get griefed, and he truly doesn't mind. He usually just laughs and griefs them back. And to be honest, most people that he griefs just grief him back and often times they end up friending each other. It's definitely not a malicious act from his point of view. And most people don't get that upset by it. I think it is similar to when people make up their own rules for mp games, and play Michael Meyers and such -- its just a way to change the game up to keep it fresh.

Of course, there are also a few people who get very upset when they are griefed. They seem to take games very seriously and/or they take things very personally. I could engage in armchair psychology and say that they are probably stressed out in their real lives and use games to give them a feeling of control -- so they get very upset when someone griefs them and takes away their control. But I don't know for sure because I don't know any real life people that freak out when they get griefed.

So yeah, I have mixed feelings about griefing. I think there is a place for it. But not in every game -- for example in Minecraft and games where griefers are costing people significant time and effort. I get annoyed when I am griefed. But the most I will do is leave the game. I don't scream into my michrophone or send nasty instant messages to the griefers. I think the people who get overly personally invested in a game are more annoying/scary than the griefers. I'm sure that there are some griefers who are mean and nasty and the basement dwelling cliches. But I think most griefers are just regular people who don't take gaming seriously and do it to keep the game from being boring.

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TrainerCeleste

I have mixed feeling about griefing. The first griefing videos I ever saw were Minecraft ones -- and based on them griefing seemed like a form of bullying. I mean, people spend a lot of time and effort on their little houses and such. It just seems petty and mean when people go and destroy stuff that took time and effort to make. Plus, I think in some cases they can't get their stuff back, but I don't play much minecraft so I don't know for sureSolori

Pretty much everyone I've messed with have had their servers backed up ^^ So in reality they have lost nothing they just have to load an old file :P

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TrainerCeleste

causes fragmentation of the community overall due to those individuals who wish not to risk the chance of ending up in a game that would behave the way you claim to do. Based on what you have stated, you seem to have had limited online gaming experiences with other individuals and resort to griefing as your go-to form of entertainment when you get bored with a game. I never could understand that way of thinking and perhaps I never will. However, I do know one thing is for sure. I won't have to endure it as long as I'm selective with who I play online with.

Much like Archangel has said though, I would prefer developers coming up with ways to enhance a game as opposed to spending time having to implement preventative measures to minimize griefing.

juradai

The opposite there actually :P I think i've had too much, I've been playing ever since I was little and honestly games just have gotten stale to me, and I don't care to really invest time in them anymore so rather messing around is more fun :) I don't see it as any real harm done though, and Solori reminded me that any server worth being on has a backup anyway :P So it's not like it truly harms a groups world, in fact all they usually have to do is load an old file :P I do have to agree though that people like me limit people from going into matchmaking game types though! So I guess you are right about it fragmenting the community a bit :O I've only ever done things like that in matchmaking or ranked type matches on Call Of Duty though, Funny thing was though we lost those matches all the time anyway :lol:

then they have zero right to go in and fvck around with other people's game time. Period.Other guy

By odin's beard you're right :O!

jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts
i rarely do it myself, but i love it :P Most people take things too seriously. Their reactions are just priceless. besides, why should they be told they can't enjoy a game the way they want to? they paid money for the game too.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Archangel3371
i rarely do it myself, but i love it :P Most people take things too seriously. Their reactions are just priceless. besides, why should they be told they can't enjoy a game the way they want to? they paid money for the game too. jeffster85
It's unbelievable how some of you people either just don't get it or lack the respect for others to even care. Buying a game does not give you the right to ruin it for others. There really is no if's, and's, or but's about it.
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jeffster85
[QUOTE="jeffster85"]i rarely do it myself, but i love it :P Most people take things too seriously. Their reactions are just priceless. besides, why should they be told they can't enjoy a game the way they want to? they paid money for the game too. Archangel3371
It's unbelievable how some of you people either just don't get it or lack the respect for others to even care. Buying a game does not give you the right to ruin it for others. There really is no if's, and's, or but's about it.

if you want a serious match, play against people you know will play serious. otherwise, its the luck of the draw.
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jeffster85
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"][QUOTE="jeffster85"]i rarely do it myself, but i love it :P Most people take things too seriously. Their reactions are just priceless. besides, why should they be told they can't enjoy a game the way they want to? they paid money for the game too. jeffster85

if you want a serious match, play against people you know will play serious. otherwise, its the luck of the draw.

if a dev doesn't want it in their game, they should design it in a way that you can't grief.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Archangel3371
No I want to simply just play the game, not to have someone constantly team kill, prevent teammates from getting objectives, block my view, etc., etc. It isn't the 'luck of the draw' at all. Developers do put deterrents into games to try to prevent griefing and continually have to do more and more to do so. Again you still don't get it at all, it isn't just about 'serious gameplay' it's about not having asshats preventing me from doing anything. If you think that I have to go out of my way to avoid griefers then you are out of your mind.
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jeffster85
No I want to simply just play the game, not to have someone constantly team kill, prevent teammates from getting objectives, block my view, etc., etc. It isn't the 'luck of the draw' at all. Developers do put deterrents into games to try to prevent griefing and continually have to do more and more to do so. Again you still don't get it at all, it isn't just about 'serious gameplay' it's about not having asshats preventing me from doing anything. If you think that I have to go out of my way to avoid griefers then you are out of your mind.Archangel3371
please play some matches with me. PLEASE!!!! :twisted: :lol:
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Archangel3371
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]No I want to simply just play the game, not to have someone constantly team kill, prevent teammates from getting objectives, block my view, etc., etc. It isn't the 'luck of the draw' at all. Developers do put deterrents into games to try to prevent griefing and continually have to do more and more to do so. Again you still don't get it at all, it isn't just about 'serious gameplay' it's about not having asshats preventing me from doing anything. If you think that I have to go out of my way to avoid griefers then you are out of your mind.jeffster85

No. Even if I did all I'd do is report you and hoped they ban you otherwise it'd be a waste of time.
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jeffster85
[QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="Archangel3371"]No I want to simply just play the game, not to have someone constantly team kill, prevent teammates from getting objectives, block my view, etc., etc. It isn't the 'luck of the draw' at all. Developers do put deterrents into games to try to prevent griefing and continually have to do more and more to do so. Again you still don't get it at all, it isn't just about 'serious gameplay' it's about not having asshats preventing me from doing anything. If you think that I have to go out of my way to avoid griefers then you are out of your mind.Archangel3371

No. Even if I did all I'd do is report you and hoped they ban you otherwise it'd be a waste of time.

yeah, too bad its extremely rare that they do. waste of time for you, since you'd be crying the whole time :lol:
TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TrainerCeleste
No I want to simply just play the game, not to have someone constantly team kill, prevent teammates from getting objectives, block my view, etc., etc. It isn't the 'luck of the draw' at all. Developers do put deterrents into games to try to prevent griefing and continually have to do more and more to do so. Again you still don't get it at all, it isn't just about 'serious gameplay' it's about not having asshats preventing me from doing anything. If you think that I have to go out of my way to avoid griefers then you are out of your mind.Archangel3371
Something tells me this is a big issue for you :P I now doubt you just report and boot, with as angry you're getting on the forums :P Honestly I don't care about it and i've only ever had problems when personal friend's of mine have wanted to be dicks to me :lol: You must scream into the mic or Keyboard Rage if you have this big of an issue with people screwing with you :P It's not so much avoiding them as it is ignoring them. You feed them and they will continue to come back :)
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Archangel3371
Actually I really don't rage or cry at all if someone griefs me which has happened to me very rarely surprisingly. I do however think that people who do grief others are akin to a petulant child and as evident in this thread I have no issue in stating that opinion. While I don't care about my stats or whatever is involved in the associated game I do consider them a blight to the gaming community and have and will use any means given to me by the developer to report them or kick them from the game even if the focus of their griefing isn't necessarily directed at me.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Archangel3371
Surprisingly I've been griefed extremely rarely considering how often I play online. Probably because I don't draw any attention to myself that would likely cause such actions and I almost never talk on the mic with randoms. What I do have an issue with is that some people feel that they have the right to do what ever they want at the expense of someone else and griefing falls squarely into this category.