Great games that you enjoyed but can't seem to finish?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

I played Witcher 3 up till about half of Yennifer mission in Skellige Island at level 27 or so. I really enjoyed the game, felt like its one of the best game I ever played and had fun in Gwent. Monster Hunter World dropped and I played that game for a few month and now its very hard to get back to Witcher 3.

Most probably realizing just how awful the combat is in Witcher 3 compared to MHW and GOW lol

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Currently Mario Odyssey but two of favs as well. Zelda Wind Waker and A Link To The Past. I’ve gotten so close many times but never made it over the finish line on either.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#4 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Tales of Graces F. I could never defeat Kurt. I'll boot it up eventually again though. Another one was Ni No Kuni. It was a great game but I couldn't get into it to the point where I wanted to finish it.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I also haven't finished TW3. But, it's not the combat which seems fine to me on PC. I think TW3 is a great game. But, the game is a victim of my being burned out on 3rd-person perspective games and the medieval/feudal theme. The theme especially. Just about every RPG I ever played had that theme dating back to the Ultimas. I'm not even in the mood to watch say, the Tolkien films or GoT series.

I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 though. That's more like it to me.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

loads.

i'm quite a fickle gamer with a large collection of games and an itchy trigger finger when it comes to buying new ones. i'm easily enticed and jump around from game to game habitually.

rdr2 is the latest in a long line of great games i've yet to finish. all was going well until black friday week when i bought a switch and a gaming laptop (this gen is the first in about two decades that i haven't had at least a mid to high end pc).

suddenly i had games like mario odyssey, mario kart, zelda, civ 5/6, frostpunk, hellblade, shadow warrior 2, hollow knight and my entire dusty steam collection all vying for my time and poor rdr2 couldn't keep its grip on my attention. i'm planning on putting aside a week in jan to finish it, it's too good of a game not to

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Seems like just about everything these days I don't finish.

The games I am interested in turn out to not be that interesting, and the games that grab me and pull me in are "too long" haha. I am loving AC: Odyssey, and I think I might be approaching the end, but jesus it's an endurance trial at this point.

Interestingly enough, the games I spend the most time on tend to be the ones with no point, no story, nothing to resolve; city builders, flight simulations, space sims, micromanagement games, survival games on occasion.

Indies are often easy to finish because they're fun, interesting, and relatively short. I think I am done with AAA gaming for the most part, just don't see any point to it. Not that they're bad games, I just don't think they're worth the effort any more.

@sakaixx said:

I played Witcher 3 up till about half of Yennifer mission in Skellige Island at level 27 or so. I really enjoyed the game, felt like its one of the best game I ever played and had fun in Gwent. Monster Hunter World dropped and I played that game for a few month and now its very hard to get back to Witcher 3.

Most probably realizing just how awful the combat is in Witcher 3 compared to MHW and GOW lol

Yeah, The Witcher is all about the story, NPC's, and character development. The combat is not terrible but you don't play traditional RPG's for the combat.

Try to power through it; it's a very rewarding story.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

First thing that comes to mind is Okami. No idea why. It's cool, but I lose interest everytime I try to play through it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58947 Posts

@Litchie said:

First thing that comes to mind is Okami. No idea why. It's cool, but I lose interest everytime I try to play through it.

Yep. Pretty slow burner and large chucks of the game are a tutorial.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sakaiXx

@mrbojangles25: i will try someday, the game is still installed in my drive. Each time I opened the game, I look at the questline it felt really daunting, all these branching paths scares me to continue.

@Litchie said:

I get you. I love okami and considered superior to every zelda and zelda like games in existence but its so big. Early game also not helping with how slow it is and those gibberish language that can annoy the heck out.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 GNS
Member since 2015 • 921 Posts

Many, many games, I have enjoyed playing, but did not finish (mainly on PC). E.g., Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, good game, but those effin side activities, which are only filler content in order to extend the already long-enough play time by couple of dozen hours or so, are annoying as hell. Possibly, any GTA as well (mainly the plane missions are a dozzie).

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sakaiXx

@gns: yep. Plane missions in GTA is where I too stop everytime. Those mini helicopter mission in gta vice city, mini plane in gta san andreas, the plane missions in gta v... Hate them

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5235341a3ea
deactivated-5c5235341a3ea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5c5235341a3ea
Member since 2018 • 39 Posts

Phantasy Star 2. I am gonna beat it sooner or later or play it more. Because it rules on PC

Cruhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cruhoo
Member since 2019 • 8 Posts

Portal II and Witness. Love both, just need to stop playing Rocket League and finish them.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

- The Last of Us

- Valkyria Chronicles

- Bioshock Infinite

- FFXIII-2

Backlit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Backlit
Member since 2019 • 3 Posts

Spiderman

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#18 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

Shadow of War. I loved the first one, but just can't seem to get into SoW

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 judaspete  Online
Member since 2005 • 7266 Posts

There are quite a few games I've not finished but plan to someday. But ones I have stopped and do not intend to go back to are Persona 4 and the first Xenoblade Chronicles. Both games are great but they are just so damn long. Enjoyed my time but have no desire to go any further with them.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I took me 3 times to get through The WItcher 3. I started over each time with 6 or so months in between. I finally just had to stop trying to optimize things and just let it happen. Towards the end of it I had to just hurry up and finish because I could tell I was starting to lose interest. All-in-all a really good game and engrossing experience. I think trying to do all the side content almost killed it for me.

There are tons of games I fell off of. I probably won't go back to most, but I really want to finish these at some point:

• Dragon Quest XI - This one is a lot of fun, need to pick it back up ASAP. I think something released soon after it....
  • Super Mario Odyssey - I'm probably 2/3 of the way through. I stopped playing because there were other games and I find it hard to pick up the Switch when I'm at home.
  • Octopath Traveler - Didn't make it too far, but I'm sure I'll like it once I get into it. The lack of a cohesive, shared story kind of threw me off, but I really like the gameplay.
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 - I know, I know. It's really cool, but suuuuper tedious. The controls are so awkward. I feel like I need to psych myself up on it to get back into it.
  • XCOM2 - Absolutely love this type of game. I played a lot of it but just never beat it. Probably will start a new game with the expansion if I get the itch before Wasteland 3 comes out.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c3254787e106
deactivated-5c3254787e106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5c3254787e106
Member since 2019 • 16 Posts
  • Fallout 4
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Metro: Last Light
sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sakaiXx

@retrogamer_gr said:
  • Fallout 4
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Metro: Last Light

I am at last few chapter of MGSV at chapter 42 or 43 but I stopped because of I realized I need S+++ soldiers to max my base and weapon efficiently. I just dropped the game right there... Will come back one of these days..

@Shantmaster_K said:

Shadow of War. I loved the first one, but just can't seem to get into SoW

Still at the first tower in shadow of mordor... Never liked the mechanics due to assasins creed fatigue..

@valgaav_219 said:

- Valkyria Chronicles

You can cheese the game easily with alicia. Go to youtube for some easy guide if you dont mind .. most mission can be solved in about 5mins even the last bosses.

@judaspete said:

There are quite a few games I've not finished but plan to someday. But ones I have stopped and do not intend to go back to are Persona 4 and the first Xenoblade Chronicles.

I finished both and I hated my xenoblade experience. I think its a good game but the twist at the end sucked badly, standard jrpg fanfare. Also sidequest is crap, and combat takes way too long. Still, had fun with upgrading colony 6. Persona 4 is... Well I finished every persona games since persona 3 at least twice... That includes both P4 and P4G

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#25 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

Octopath Traveler. I've played it since it came out in the bus going to work and 6 or 7 months later I've finally managed to get to chapter 4 for everyone but now I need to grind and meh ... I don't want to anymore.

Splintah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Splintah
Member since 2019 • 32 Posts

I would also say the final fantasy series is good but I just can't get into it

Khazrak134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#27 Khazrak134
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts

Fallout 4. i quite enjoyed my time with it and had fun. but i just kind of stopped playing it one day and never went back after i finished one of my bases.

DOOM (2016). this has sorta been my to go game when i just want to blast some shit up. Fun game, and I like it, but i just havent finished it

Kingdom Come Deliverance. I really really really like this game, and i cant wait to go back to it one day. i stopped playing to wait for it to be patched up a bit, and it has been, i just havent gone back to it.

Splintah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Splintah

@sakaixx: I have briefly played monster hunter world, and for all the praise it gets I don't think I will ever be able to get into it. I love dead rising and capcom's other games don't get me wrong but monster hunter is too much of a departure for me

Splintah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Splintah

witcher 3 is literally one of the best video games ever made I wouldn't necessarily compare it to MHW

Avatar image for yammireckorrdsan
YammiReckorrdSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 YammiReckorrdSan
Member since 2016 • 616 Posts

- Valkiriya Chronicles

-The Witcher 3

-Fire Emblem Awekining, Kid Ikarus Uprising, and Golden Sun Dark Dawn (all of them for the same reason, the 3DS is so uncomfortable to play, Kid Icarus is super guilty for this).

linawijaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 linawijaya
Member since 2019 • 3 Posts

amazing. love this game

Zeggelaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zeggelaar
Member since 2017 • 181 Posts

The Witcher 3
Kingdoms of Amalur
New Super Mario Brothers Wii
Resident Evil 4
DOOM 2016
Metro 2033
Fallout 3, NW
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
XCOM Enemy Unknown

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Witcher 3 is definately this. I have tried to play thsi game like 3 times and get to about the same spot and stop. I am a person who stops and does all the side quests as well so I drag a game out and do not get on with the story.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 734 Posts

Don't flay me alive, but GTA V and Red Dead Redemption. Played and really enjoyed both, but they started to drag for me as I got around the 60% mark. Metal Gear 5 too.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#35 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

MGS5 - liked the game, but can't stand soldier recruiting

Fallout 4 - liked the game, but I hated base building and settlements

Dead Cells - Love this game, but I play for a while and can barely advance

Okami - Great game, but I'm playing it now and it seems dated

Persona 5 - Man does this game have style! Love the design and presentation of this game, but it takes too long to get going, played for over 12 hours and the game was still in tutorial mode.

ivaturk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ivaturk
Member since 2004 • 64 Posts

@origin444: The problem I find with that and most of the rest of those games is the duel things that you have to do while playing them. I would much rather spend my energies on winning the battles, instead of the endless base building and protection of them that is constantly needed in these games. I find too much time is needed defending the bloody things. That's what ruins those games, for me anyway.

Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
GettingonwithGamingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GettingonwithGamingLife
Member since 2017 • 277 Posts

Prey. I enjoyed it but then I saw Monster Hunter World.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sakaiXx

@Star67: persona 5 takes at least 70 hours first time, even with you just skipping every dialogue. Be prepared!

guerilla-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39 guerilla-man
Member since 2019 • 57 Posts

One game I found very difficult in finishing because it just never seemed to end.

Is assassins creed syndicate. Very hard game on the later levels. Just too hard!

danielpacheco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 danielpacheco
Member since 2018 • 159 Posts

I love "We happy few", is an awesome game, but when I finish the story with the fiorst guy I realized that now you had to play with the girl... Ianmd the first part of the game take to me like 30 hours,

So I played with the girl... but after end the game with the girl (this time around 15 hours) the game continues with a third story so I thought that this game was too long for me... I never played the final story.

Telinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Telinho
Member since 2019 • 6 Posts

I never played

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#42 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Pretty much every single CRPG that has come out in recent years - Divinity OS 1/2, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity II... I just can't seem to see these games through even though I like most of them.

Also, never finished an Assassins Creed game. I loved AC4 and Brotherhood and got pretty close to finishing them but I never get hooked by the stories in these games so once I burn out on the gameplay I don't have much reason to keep going.

Kingdom Come Deliverance earlier this year was a game I loved, but it had so many bugs that I just stopped playing it after a point due to constantly running into broken quests.

Every game from Phirana Bytes I have played (Risen series and Elex) I enjoy but don't finish

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sakaiXx

@with_teeth26 said:

Pretty much every single CRPG that has come out in recent years - Divinity OS 1/2, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity II... I just can't seem to see these games through even though I like most of them.

Also, never finished an Assassins Creed game. I loved AC4 and Brotherhood and got pretty close to finishing them but I never get hooked by the stories in these games so once I burn out on the gameplay I don't have much reason to keep going.

Kingdom Come Deliverance earlier this year was a game I loved, but it had so many bugs that I just stopped playing it after a point due to constantly running into broken quests.

Every game from Phirana Bytes I have played (Risen series and Elex) I enjoy but don't finish

Only managed to finish AC1 and AC2 and I have owned almost all of them, origin and odyssey included. Well got them all in a collection for around $80 so can't complain. The games is very tedious to play

heljar75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 heljar75
Member since 2008 • 82 Posts

Lost Odyssey. I've played it from the begining two times but I always get stuck on the same place. There's some big boss fight I can't seem to win.

Zelda - Breath of the wild. I'm still stuck on beating Gannon.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By sakaiXx

@heljar75: ganon himself is a pisspoor boss fight. Its health is already only 50% when u encounter it and can win with a few strike with a 60atk sword. And you will get a special bow or something to kill it in one shot in later stages. There spoiled all for you so you know how crap it is after all that adventure.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Skyrim, I always end up going back and making a new character.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

Ocarina of Time. Twice I got up to the Shadow Temple and had my game erased so someone could start a new game. Still haven't gone back for a 3rd. Maybe this year.