GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 2238 Posts

This has been a terrible time in America. I don't have COVID-19 but like many others, I'm self quarantined at home and haven't seen my family, friends, or girlfriend in over a week. But I'm grateful for what I have.

Sure, it's boring at home but I have a decent home theater, very good internet service for streaming movies and downloading and playing games online, and most thankfully, none of my family, friends, or girlfriend seem to have the COVID-19.

I really miss watching sports (especially the NHL) and I'll never take regular life for granted after this but I can't help but be grateful that gaming has made me built out a home theater and get decent internet which are immensely helpful during times like this.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9111 Posts

@GalvatronType_R said:

This has been a terrible time in America.

It's not exactly sun and rainbows elsewhere let me tell you ツ

At anycase. Keep well, and have fun gaming.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 4334 Posts

Yeah, gaming is a great distraction through this craziness hopefully things turn around this Summer.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 101 Posts

Yeah gaming and reading have kept me sane the last week. I try to get out longboarding or jogging for atleast an hour everyday to get some fresh air and keep my muscles feeling somewhat fresh. I miss the gym a lot right now. And this Corona Virus is only getting worse.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#5 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 5617 Posts

@GalvatronType_R:

My workplace gave me some pathetic paper they asked me to sign about me understanding that I can continue working at my own risk and that the company is not responsible for anyone who may contract the Coronavirus. I decided to tear it up and listen to the Governor's stay-at-home order instead. I have a 13 year old kid I have to take care of. I'm not going to risk getting her sick just because the company chose to stubborn. And yeah, it's a good thing I stocked up on all those videogames and movies over the years!

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 3905 Posts

I was thinking this since this Virus hit gaming has been great just to take my mind off everything. Very thankful to be a gamer in this depressing time.

BigCat2K20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#7 BigCat2K20
Member since 2004 • 372 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:
@GalvatronType_R said:

In overseas, it's an nightmare. I just completed "Days Gone" couple of nights ago & move onto Spider-Man (first DLC story). Keep on gaming & be safe out there.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 21718 Posts

I see how my non-gamer family members and acquanintances are doing, and they are going a bit stir crazy, while the gamers are chugging along nicely, so I'll second this.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 46039 Posts

I am loving being a gamer.

I practice "social distancing" no matter what, unfortunately, but now for the first time in my life I don't feel guilty about it!

It also doesn't hurt that this March has been incredible for games.

@RSM-HQ said:
@GalvatronType_R said:

lol yeah I am sorry to be a cynic but "this has been a terrible time in America" is a bit self-centered haha.

You know where else it's a terrible time? Italy...China...France...many many other places.

Guess what else doesn't know borders, like COVID? GAMING!

Just like with the disease, we are all in this together. Not as Americans or Italians or Chinese but as people.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 1

#10 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9111 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Just like with the disease, we are all in this together. Not as Americans or Italians or Chinese but as people.

PDR60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PDR60
Member since 2004 • 29 Posts

Its important to keep your mind active. I've got lots if projects to do and gaming is a part of that. I'm way way behind in my games. I'm finally getting into Fallout New Vegas. Its a bit aged but really a fun experience. In this time of world crisis, be safe, think before doing anything concerning outside contact, support those around you and enjoy the time to spend with those we live with. We've been wearing out board games. Then I have the third chapter of Starcraft to complete.

There is always self improvement during this time. Get in shape, start that diet, look into healthy living and most of all keep your mind active. I'll be studying for my ccnp and rhse for future testing when the facilities reopen.