Graphics Don't Matter - Hypocritical?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

For a while now, people have been arguing that graphics do not matter when it comes to video games. I don't think people who say this understand the hypocrisy behind such words. The main reason I find it very hypocritical is because people argue that new games are too flashy while older games are not. They argue that a game doesn't have to look good in order to be enjoyable. This alone does not make sense. Games have always looked great, no matter what gen you grew up with. You will have to admit that the gen you grew up with was once the prime of graphics for their time. This means that you are still playing beautiful looking games. Just because a game does not look up to date does not mean that it is ugly and that each one has some kind of unmeetable gameplay. Games being made today still hold up and feel like older games while still looking fantastic. One game in particular is Stryder on the PSN.

Another reason I think there is hypocrisy behind the new "Graphics don't matter" movement is the people themselves. Arguing about graphics not mattering is actually arguing that graphics do matter. They judge great looking games based on the looks themselves. They somehow assume that a game that looks fantastic will be disappointing while seeing a game that looks like it was made for the SNES (which still looks fantastic) will be a great success. They also encourage people to play games that are not as flashy because the gameplay is somehow 10x better. That is the most false statement I have ever heard. Since when did graphics have to do with gameplay?

Anyway, my opinion on the argument is just my opinion and anyone can feel free to reply and add your thoughts. I won't attack you on your opinion.

My 2 cents.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#2 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

You can have good game with bad graphics, but great gameplay. You cannot have a good game with great graphics and bad gameplay. That's the crux of the argument right there. Graphics will always yield in weight in comparison to gameplay. They may matter in varying degrees, might actually help improve the gameplay the better the graphics are, but it's always the gameplay itself that's more important. Why do you think the indie scene blew up the way it has? People don't need good graphics to play great games.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By -ParaNormaN-

@JustPlainLucas said:

You can have good game with bad graphics, but great gameplay. You cannot have a good game with great graphics and bad gameplay. That's the crux of the argument right there. Graphics will always yield in weight in comparison to gameplay. They may matter in varying degrees, might actually help improve the gameplay the better the graphics are, but it's always the gameplay itself that's more important. Why do you think the indie scene blew up the way it has? People don't need good graphics to play great games.

You can also have a good game with great graphics and great gameplay. The indie scene does not even have bad graphics. I think the indie scene looks damn good even. I agree that gameplay is really important but graphics don't get the credit it deserves. Most if not all games today look ridiculously good but people complain about it for the sake of complaining. Give me a list of games you think have bad graphics. Chances are, they're going to actually be great looking games.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

I'm with you TC ! "Graphics don't matter" is the gaming's most bizarre and irrational cliche ! Ppl say it yet when a game comes out with like low on textures or sth they bitch about it to no fuckin end ! Take "Watch Dogs" as the usual suspect.

Gameplay - Story - Graphics - sound design and stuff should all be at highest possible level to make a game "masterpiece" ! Every perfect game so far was like this , for instance: GTA series , Batman Arkham series, The Last of Us , Bioshock series, Battlefield series etc hell even indie games have good graphics on their own scale !

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mjorh

I'm with you TC ! "Graphics don't matter" is the gaming's most bizarre and irrational cliche ! Ppl say it yet when a game comes out with like low on textures or sth they bitch about it to no fuckin end ! Take "Watch Dogs" as the usual suspect.

Gameplay - Story - Graphics - sound design and stuff should all be at highest possible level to make a game "masterpiece" ! Every perfect game so far was like this , for instance: GTA series , Batman Arkham series, The Last of Us , Bioshock series, Battlefield series etc hell even indie games have good graphics on their own scale !

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Graphics always matter.

Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts

Graphics don't matter movement.. I think is more of a movement of those that think graphics on a technical level have been good enough for awhile now and that the graphics created by artists still very much matters.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

Graphics does matter, but Gameplay matters the most

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -ParaNormaN-

@blamix99 said:

My brother, you get me.

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

@-paranorman- said:

@blamix99 said:

My brother, you get me.

mi neger

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

prefer dfo and elsword to many games so yeah....

Oh and people who buy COD or GTA certainly don't care about graphics

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Graphics do matter, but if you won't play a game because of how the graphics look... well... I can't even look at you. So many graphics whores missing out on the greatest milestones of gaming becuse they look old.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -ParaNormaN-

@Black_Knight_00: Which is ironic because old games still look great. The only games that look rough in comparison to the rest are early 3D games, but that is more of a resolution problem. Emulators have shown early 3D games with modern resolution and they actually look really good still.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

everything matters

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

People misconstrue what good graphics are.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16  Edited By torenojohn7
Member since 2012 • 551 Posts

Graphics matter.. only when it compliments the gameplay otherwise looking pretty really doesn't add anything to the game.

Loading Video...

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Black_Knight_00

@-paranorman- said:

@Black_Knight_00: Which is ironic because old games still look great. The only games that look rough in comparison to the rest are early 3D games, but that is more of a resolution problem. Emulators have shown early 3D games with modern resolution and they actually look really good still.

Graphics whores won't even play a game from two years earlier, cause it looks bad in their book. It's a sad life.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#19 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

They can be a detriment as well... better graphics can mean smaller levels and less variety

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

I think what most of those that say "Graphics don't matter" actually means that for them it is not among the top priority for them to buy and enjoy a game but that's it's nice if there is.

Gameplay will always trumph Graphics at the end of the day because a game can look fantastic but if the rest of the elements such as gameplay is aweful then you have a bad game. And as a illustration on how gameplay matters more then graphics one need only look at Minecraft and it's success.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#21 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Graphics always matter.

Utter and complete nonsense.

Graphics doesnt matter to alot of gamers, graphics might matter to you and thats a shame because you are losing out on so many great games.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Graphics always matter.

Graphics doesnt matter to alot of gamers, graphics might matter to you and thats a shame because you are losing out on so many great games.

I've no trouble playing games with poor graphics, but they are always relevant in the sense that it helps make a good game even better. That's what I meant. You're telling me people would rather take poor visuals over good ones for the same game if given the choice?

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

@Treflis said:

I think what most of those that say "Graphics don't matter" actually means that for them it is not among the top priority for them to buy and enjoy a game but that's it's nice if there is.

Exactly.

Of course graphics matter, it's just that people have different views on what good graphics are, and how they prioritize them. For example, I agree with the OP that for the most part, most games look great - including Watch Dogs. I mean, it's just a product of how much graphics have advanced. There aren't a lot of games anymore that honestly look bad. You may not like a certain type of art style, but the quality of graphics today is pretty good.

Now, as far as "graphics don't matter", I'm of the thought that The Order 1886 will not play as well because it seems the dev's only goal is to make the best graphics the hardware will allow. So much so that they letterboxed the game because it won't run properly on a full 16x9 screen. I would rather have the game at 900p, 16x9, and 60 frames per second as opposed what they're doing now. I would prefer the silky smooth movement and animation over the fidelity of the graphics. This is where I say graphics don't matter in relation to what else is being sacrificed.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@-paranorman- said:

For a while now, people have been arguing that graphics do not matter when it comes to video games. I don't think people who say this understand the hypocrisy behind such words. The main reason I find it very hypocritical is because people argue that new games are too flashy while older games are not. They argue that a game doesn't have to look good in order to be enjoyable. This alone does not make sense. Games have always looked great, no matter what gen you grew up with. You will have to admit that the gen you grew up with was once the prime of graphics for their time. This means that you are still playing beautiful looking games. Just because a game does not look up to date does not mean that it is ugly and that each one has some kind of unmeetable gameplay. Games being made today still hold up and feel like older games while still looking fantastic. One game in particular is Stryder on the PSN.

Another reason I think there is hypocrisy behind the new "Graphics don't matter" movement is the people themselves. Arguing about graphics not mattering is actually arguing that graphics do matter. They judge great looking games based on the looks themselves. They somehow assume that a game that looks fantastic will be disappointing while seeing a game that looks like it was made for the SNES (which still looks fantastic) will be a great success. They also encourage people to play games that are not as flashy because the gameplay is somehow 10x better. That is the most false statement I have ever heard. Since when did graphics have to do with gameplay?

Anyway, my opinion on the argument is just my opinion and anyone can feel free to reply and add your thoughts. I won't attack you on your opinion.

My 2 cents.

People haven't been arguing that graphics aren't important, they are not the most important part. A game can be good if it has crappy graphics, but the overall game is good. If it's the other way around it can't be a good game. How does that not make sense? Wouldn't you play any games if it was in 720p? Just because the graphics aren't as crisp as a Crysis game doesn't make it bad... Just because older games once were prime of gaming doesn't mean they were the top of the graphics spectrum. Graphics that have a unique style age way better than just trying to look as realistic as possible.

Graphics don't matter, it's the artstyle that matters if it helps the game.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jacanuk

@MirkoS77 said:

@Jacanuk said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Graphics always matter.

I've no trouble playing games with poor graphics, but they are always relevant in the sense that it helps make a good game even better. That's what I meant. You're telling me people would rather take poor visuals over good ones for the same game if given the choice?

Ahh ok.

Well, we can agree that graphics can improve a game, but thats not the same as say they matter. The key here is that for me and others who say graphics doesn't matter , is that if a game is good its good, and we dont judge a game just because its not 60fps 1080P or Crysis reborn each time.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mjorh

@Jacanuk said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Graphics always matter.

Mind if i ask what exactly are those "great games" ?

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@-paranorman- said:

Graphics whores won't even play a game from two years earlier, cause it looks bad in their book. It's a sad life.

That's frustrating , but that's not how i define "graphics" you know it's not about how it looks like in like ten years from now , it's about making an experience to be more polished and enjoyable (for its period of release) , those ppl you are talking about are utter idiots and we should rule'em out of "Graphics don't matter" equation ......

After all industry needs to advance in every aspect .....and we shouldn't be obstacles here , and for me as long as it looks good and fits with the atmosphere i'm fine , by "graphics" i don't mean "1080p 60fps" ...

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

They matter in so far as much that they shape presentation (do the visuals evoke what the developer was going for?) and functionality (can you clearly see/differentiate what you are supposed to?). The problem is that many graphics threads don't look at the visuals of games in this context (the only context that matters) instead looking at raw technical fidelity such as poly counts, shadow resolution and pixel counts.

This is a backwards way of looking at visual fidelity as visual fidelity is there to help achieve good, functional presentation, it's the means to the end, not the point itself. And when people are busy arguing over raw fidelity all the while ignoring why fidelity (and what it allows the developer to express) mattered in the first place it is enough to make one think "Graphics [in the bizarre, decontextualised way many argue over them] don't matter to me".

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

Graphics matter to a certain degree. I don't want to play a game that looks like a PS1 game because that's all the tech the studio could muster. Once you're at "industry standard" graphics, that's fine for me. I'd rather they focus programming and effort on gameplay rather than trying to spruce up a graphics system that's already good enough.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#29 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Graphics do matter and everyone care about good graphics . Only fanboys deny that when they see something good looking on other platform that they don't own . Once something good looking comes on their platform then BOOM ! ... "Yes graphics do matter . Look at that low budget indie garbage on that platform , lol" .

That said , gameplay is still most important element in any "game" . More important than story telling , graphics and social justice .

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jacanuk
@mjorh said:

@Jacanuk said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Graphics always matter.

Mind if i ask what exactly are those "great games"

Not sure if troll question but anyways Risk of Rain, Papers Please, some consider Hotline Miami a good game, Binding of Issac, minecraft (though you can improve the textures)

Thats just a few

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jacanuk

@Cloud_imperium said:

Graphics do matter and everyone care about good graphics . Only fanboys deny that when they see something good looking on other platform that they don't own . Once something good looking comes on their platform then BOOM ! ... "Yes graphics do matter . Look at that low budget indie garbage on that platform , lol" .

That said , gameplay is still most important element in any "game" . More important than story telling , graphics and social justice .

Think you took a wrong turn. This is not Systemwars and here most luckily can make arguments that are more then just seem like made up ramblings by a 5year old.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@Black_Knight_00 said:

That's frustrating , but that's not how i define "graphics" you know it's not about how it looks like in like ten years from now , it's about making an experience to be more polished and enjoyable (for its period of release) , those ppl you are talking about are utter idiots and we should rule'em out of "Graphics don't matter" equation ......

After all industry needs to advance in every aspect .....and we shouldn't be obstacles here , and for me as long as it looks good and fits with the atmosphere i'm fine , by "graphics" i don't mean "1080p 60fps" ...

I agree that graphics must get incrementally better, but in the sense that they must serve to facilitate immersion by looking more believable. It's understandable to expect games that look better than the the ones that came before, but without letting that preclude you the enjoyment of those older ones as well. That is, in my opinion, the "healthy" way to view graphics, and this coming from a guy who retrogames daily, even on PS1, which is the console that has the worst-aging games as far as graphics.

Then there are the "1080p 60fps" guys you mentioned, who, let's face it, are the people who play maybe 10 games a year, only new ones at that, and are more interested in video card stats than gaming. And that's sad.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33 torenojohn7
Member since 2012 • 551 Posts

@SovietsUnited said:

They can be a detriment as well... better graphics can mean smaller levels and less variety

While this was the case for 7th gen i don't think will be a problem in the 8th gen! so we can Amazing graphics without putting the strain on level design.

Avatar image for deactivated-58270bc086e0d
deactivated-58270bc086e0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#34 deactivated-58270bc086e0d
Member since 2006 • 2317 Posts

Graphics do matter but I think people blow it out of proportion HOW MUCH they matter.

A great game will be enhanced with a better level of graphics. Though if you look at this ridiculous 1080p argument that has been going on for ages it just highlights it. I got a PS4 last week. I got Destiny (it was fun while it lasted) and it looks great but what I haven't said at any point is "man this game looks great BECAUSE of the resolution". Destiny looks great on every console, it is just it looks better on next gen and it would look better on PC if it was on the platform. It isn't so much massively better that I could never go back to last gen. Or I could never play a game at sub 1080p again or some crap.

But I think that many developers these days put so much of their effort and resources into making the game look good instead of making the games fun. Hell just look at Crytek games. They all generally look fantastic yet they are some of the dullest games ever created.

Graphics don't fix all wrongs in a game which is why I'd much rather play a console and have reasonable graphics that work and games I want to play and that are fun, than buy a PC and spend ages pushing every frame I can out of it just for the sake of a bit more eye candy. I just want to play some fun games, with the best graphics possible with minimal fuss. Consoles do that for me and always have, so that is where I play, despite PC having the better graphics.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -ParaNormaN-

Seems some people here think that good graphics = bad gameplay. Is there a balance scale that I'm missing here? I honestly don't see how having great graphics can remove great gameplay. GTAIV is a game that has great graphics and fun gameplay. So are the Metal Gear series including Metal Gear Rising. There is a huge number of games that have great graphics and great gameplay, so the whole balance scale argument really makes no sense to me.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@humanistpotato said:

everything matters

Yes!

hecklion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hecklion101
Member since 2014 • 44 Posts

It depends on the person and the game. I am a person who can enjoy a game even the graphics in not that good but great game play. Most of the top games today have a great graphics and great game play.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@Jacanuk said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Think you took a wrong turn. This is not Systemwars and here most luckily can make arguments that are more then just seem like made up ramblings by a 5year old.

System Wars or not , it's true .

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cloud_imperium
@-paranorman- said:

Seems some people here think that good graphics = bad gameplay. Is there a balance scale that I'm missing here? I honestly don't see how having great graphics can remove great gameplay. GTAIV is a game that has great graphics and fun gameplay. So are the Metal Gear series including Metal Gear Rising. There is a huge number of games that have great graphics and great gameplay, so the whole balance scale argument really makes no sense to me.

Totally agree. There are some games that were not only benchmark games when released back then but also had excellent gameplay ; FEAR , Shogun 2 , Crysis , Witcher 2 , Company of Heroes and so on . It's not like a game having good graphics will always suck at gameplay . HOWEVER , it is sad that most of devs these days focus on presentation way more than actual gameplay . There should be balance (as you said) .

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By -ParaNormaN-

@torenojohn7 said:

Graphics matter.. only when it compliments the gameplay otherwise looking pretty really doesn't add anything to the game.

Loading Video...

I agree with a lot in the video. This guy in the video mentions that graphics matter when they enhance a game but don't matter when the game looks pretty but sucks. My beef is that people who say graphics don't matter assume that games with great graphics are over hyped just based on the graphics. They assume that no one is having fun playing these games because they don't look pixelated or like an 8 or 16bit game. I play both games with those graphics and with modern graphics. Both sides of the fence look great to me. Both sides of the fence are extremely fun for me. Both sides have GOOD graphics. I look at Minecraft and see a great looking game. Games like Super Meat Boy, The Binding Of Isaac and A.R.E.S. which are all indie games look fantastic but people somehow claim that these games have "bad graphics". Since these people also avoid games that look like Crysis and encourage others to do it due to graphics, that is where I find the hypocrisy in it. Avoiding games due to "good" graphics? So, graphics really do matter?

To me, if I see someone avoiding something for its feature while saying that said feature does not matter, then it obviously does matter due to them not wanting the feature in the first place. Black and white in my eyes.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jacanuk

@Cloud_imperium:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Jacanuk said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Not even close to being the truth.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cloud_imperium

@Jacanuk said:

@Cloud_imperium:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Jacanuk said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Not even close to being the truth.

Then you haven't seen much .

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mjorh

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

I agree that graphics must get incrementally better, but in the sense that they must serve to facilitate immersion by looking more believable. It's understandable to expect games that look better than the the ones that came before, but without letting that preclude you the enjoyment of those older ones as well. That is, in my opinion, the "healthy" way to view graphics, and this coming from a guy who retrogames daily, even on PS1, which is the console that has the worst-aging games as far as graphics.

Then there are the "1080p 60fps" guys you mentioned, who, let's face it, are the people who play maybe 10 games a year, only new ones at that, and are more interested in video card stats than gaming. And that's sad.

Couldn't agree more.

@Jacanuk said:
@mjorh said:

@Jacanuk said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Graphics always matter.

Mind if i ask what exactly are those "great games"

Not sure if troll question but anyways Risk of Rain, Papers Please, some consider Hotline Miami a good game, Binding of Issac, minecraft (though you can improve the textures)

Thats just a few

It wasn't a troll or sth , every game has its own charm in terms of graphics , Minecraft owns its charm to its pixel graphics and so do Papers Please.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45  Edited By deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@-paranorman-: I understand this completely.

For example: A bad game with good graphics is still a bad game.

When someone states “A good game with bad graphics is a good game because graphics are irrelevant”, it’s actually way more vague then the “ A bad game with good graphics is still a bad game”.

If you talk about what’s good (good graphics/game) then that is clearly in favour of us gamers. Talking about bad however can easily be used against you. It can be interpreted as an extremity. Games of today should have a standard or benchmark and any game that doesn’t come up to that standard (in terms of graphics ) shouldn’t even be released.

What I’m saying is that as long as a game as a whole is acceptable to your taste then it can be considered a good game.

Personal taste affects a lot.

Some people are picky and see good graphics as a necessity.

Others are just trolls.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

For me, "graphics don't matter" means that they should not come at the expense of the gameplay and experience. They should also not make it so that game costs so much that they have to sell millions of copies to make a profit.

A lot of time and effort get put into graphics that the player will only glance at. Or in areas that we cannot access. Drive Club is an example of that. They have stated how mountains in the backgrounds have thousands of modeled trees casting real shadows. That's taking horsepower away from what could have been a 60 frame-per-second game. It also took a long time and cost a lot of money to do that. For something that we'll never be able to drive through and experience. That's where, to me, graphics wouldn't have mattered if they decided on low detail, copy/paste trees.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

I don't think it is that it doesn't matter at all, but rather that it doesn't matter as much as the gameplay. Cause a game can look great and magnificent but if the gameplay is horrible then people won't enjoy it.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Nobody says that anymore.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

The whole is greater than the sum of it parts but game play is weighted more.

I am getting sick of the pixel and poor graphic games coming out.