Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#2 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Hmm ok, a bunch of pretty bad ideas.

GTA is not Cyberpunk or any other game, it´s GTA.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#5 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Nah, I'd much rather GTA stick to sacrificing realism for the sake of more flexible gameplay. Companions are kinda interesting, but GTA sort of already does since many missions across most of the game have AI companions. I know you're thinking more along the lines of someone that would follow you around in the open world as well, but I dunno how well that would work. In San Andreas you can recruit gang members, which was pretty cool. They weren't that useful and died a lot though. But I guess permanent companions would be a harmless addition to the next game assuming it's optional.

heljar75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By heljar75
Member since 2008 • 82 Posts

It's okay to aim for realism, but GTA is not a "Bad Guy"-simulator, it's a game. Your ideas will ruin a great game by adding too much realism to it. RDR2 is tailored around you having one horse and being loyal to it and maybe replacing it for better horses as you go. The satchel-inventory made sense for RDR2. GTA is short for "Grand Theft Auto", a big chunk of the game has been you driving around in various stolen vehicles. Having to switch out the contents of your trunk every time you get a new car seems unnecessary and difficult. Carrying around briefcases and backpacks sounds impractical. A backpack worked in Last of Us because it wasn't an openworld game, but a cinematic action-game that followed a strict path with a miniumum for weapons. GTA is open-world with a vast range of weapons to pick up here and there. It's not realistic but it works in the context of GTA.

You sort of do mission planning in GTA too. For the heists you get to plan what weapons to use, but many of the story-missions happens on the spot and you don't know what sort of mission it is until you start it. Apart from the heists, any sort of planning for the missions wouldn't work in the context of GTA.

GTA5 already had other characters that accompanied you on various missions and heists. To have someone follow you around 24/7 is way more unrealistic. Do you have a companion who follows you everywhere you go in real-life? Michael is married with children, having him go out and do stuff on his own to get away from his family seems plausible. Trevor was often accompanied by his redneck friends and Franklin had Lamar. They weren't all lone-wolfs and they had each other. I don't think the GTA-series needs more companions than that.

Johndmgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Johndmgs
Member since 2018 • 323 Posts

My biggest request for GTA VI would be for them to bring back the drug dealing from Chinatown Wars. That was one of my favourite mechanics in that game.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

All I want is to be able to go into almost every interior of the game. You drive around Los Santos and it's just feels empty that you can't go into the majority of the buildings.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

lol yeah, what GTA needs is to be less fun, sounds fantastic.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

I loved it when GTA games occurred in different time periods. The 90's west coast vibe in San Andreas and the 80's Miami vibe in Vice City were brilliant and that's why they were my favorite GTA games

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@valgaav_219 said:

I loved it when GTA games occurred in different time periods. The 90's west coast vibe in San Andreas and the 80's Miami vibe in Vice City were brilliant and that's why they were my favorite GTA games

Yeah, for sure I personally would like them to go back to the 90's it really doesn't matter the year. I just have so much nostalgia for that decade it would be amazing to see it with modern graphics.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@warmblur: I'd definitely be down for a San Andreas remake or something similar. That game so many mechanics at play that were ahead of that time like being able to personally manage your health and fitness by eating and working out, a lot of clothing customization options, and the introduction of the bicycle.

I'd honestly prefer to see them make a GTA in another new time period, though. Imagine a GTA in the 1930's or 40's when the mafia was very prominent in New York. And you'd get to drive really cool old school cars like Model T's and other earlier automobiles.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10431 Posts

to play devil's advocate, it's not outside the realms of possibility that rockstar will embrace realism with gta vi in the same way they did with rdr2, and to some degree gta iv

TylerLynch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TylerLynch
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Hmm ok, a bunch of pretty bad ideas.

GTA is not Cyberpunk or any other game, it´s GTA.

Yup Sure about it.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I actually agree with a more grounded approach to GTA akin to what RDR2 does, but it would really be antithetical to the appeal of the franchise. It would alienate a lot of the fanbase and while I applaud what R* did with RDR2, that was more along the natural evolution of what the first game was doing, and it didn't have numerous sequels behind it reinforcing the type of game it was. If you did the same with GTA VI, is would be radically divergent. Not a good idea unless you wished to damage the brand.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

I don't even want them to make another GTA. GTA V was such a letdown. It controls poorly, it has bad storytelling and characters, the world is boring... I wish they would do anything else.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I like AI companions which is one reason Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Fallout 4 appealed to me. New Vegas allowed up to two: one organic, one synthetic.

Far Cry 4 and Far Cry 5 also have companions although in the former, they're mainly useful in a fight or as cannon fodder. The companions are more autonomous in Far Cry 5.

STALKER: Call of Chernobyl also have companions. Depending on rank, I can recruit up to six AI companions. The enemy AI can also have companions of their own. I noticed those who did were in the top ranks.