Gran Turismo or Need for Speed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wings_008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

User Lists: 0

#1 Wings_008
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
it turned out that am the only one in my friends who likes GTmore (much more) so i wanna know your opinion
Ugotownedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ugotownedo
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
Different people, different tastes. For me, I like simulation racers (GT, Forza) more than arcade racers (NFS, Burnout, Midnight Club) because I like realism in those types of games. I just love how sims can allow me to experience the thrill of driving a race car realistically. Some people like them too, but a lot of people find real realism to be boring compared to the unrealisticness of arcade racers. Just different tastes though. Plus, my cousin played Forza 2 with me once, and didn't like it because of how non-pick-up-and-play it is. You need to actually LEARN about how to control the car, and it's a lot harder in sim racers because you can't take a sharp turn going at 100mph and still be in control of the car.
CADMAN_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 CADMAN_3
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts
For me Sim racing hands down. Arcade racing is fun and I enjoy that to, but not as much as I enjoy GT and Forza. If you're a real car nut/ gearhead then nothing is better to learn more about cars. Gear ratio, adjusting your brakes, slip diff. so on and so on. I think a lot of people don't like sim racers because it's more of a learning game, plus you have to learn how each car handles. Arcade racers all the cars handle the same so it's easier for them.
PlayBox39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PlayBox39
Member since 2007 • 420 Posts

Arcade racers all the way for me.

Sim racers annoy me. I don't like the realism and the focus on It.

So Need for Speed all the way(although the Last few games have sucked ass).

HondaSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HondaSnake
Member since 2007 • 502 Posts
I like them both a lot. However, if I don't have a nice racing wheel then I can't stand Gran Turismo. IMO, if I'm playing a racing Sim like GT and not using a racing wheel, then it just feels really clunky and isn't that fun anymore. If I'm forced to use a controller though then I usually pick something up like Need for Speed.
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
Some people like them too, but a lot of people find real realism to be boring compared to the unrealisticness of arcade racers. Just different tastes though.Ugotownedo
Boring is the word of the day. I've never driven or owned a Nissan Skyline and probably never will. When I obtain a Skyline in racing games, the last thing I want to do is hit 130mph and have it feel like 45. Fantasy is more appealing than reality..
FuRRieT87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FuRRieT87
Member since 2006 • 308 Posts

GT is only a semi-sim racing game, it's still VERY arcade.

I do enjoy GT much more then NFS, the newer NFS games are crap anyway.

mibukin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#8 mibukin
Member since 2009 • 544 Posts

NFS sucks. it's just gimicky. if i wanted to play an arcadish racer, i'd play shoutoku, or tokyo xtreme racer.

GT series is overrated so far, but it's still a solid series, and GT5 does have a potential to be the best sim ever.

full_on_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#9 full_on_gamer
Member since 2008 • 424 Posts
I would have to say that i prefer NFS. I ve got Most Wanted, Carbon, ProStreet and Undercover and still enjo y playing on them from ime to time. And i have GT3 and GT4 but havent played on them since a few months after i bought them. They just arent that appealing. Hopefullly I will get a PS3 for my birthday and then i can get GT5 prologue and see what thats like, my mates say its good so maybe my opinion will change. For now though ive got to say NFS
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Gran Turismo.
CADMAN_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#11 CADMAN_3
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts

Games like Need For Speed and Midnight Club are some really good games and I enjoy playing them as well as Grid, Burnout, but GT although it has some small faults and Forza are the best Sim racers to date. Not taking away anything from the arcade racers, I'd rather have a more real racers over aracde, but I do enjoy both.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
gran turismo is better comparing if it is a arcade style or realism. need for speed has gone down hill for a while now. the new one has frame rat issues, games now shouldn't have that kind of problem. that is only suppose to happen to PC games that a person trying to run can't at one point.
koneko1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 koneko1991
Member since 2006 • 102 Posts
Gran Turismo, dude NFS is dead!!!!!
istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6990 Posts
Two entirely different games, but as a kid I liked both. These days I don't like either that much, but GT has much better graphics and replays than any other racer